|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Write a love letter for him.
(b) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
(c) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
(d) Procure virgins for him.
2. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(b) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(c) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(d) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
3. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
(a) He wonders how a woman feels during sex.
(b) He thinks about where he can find a place to stay.
(c) He thinks about his next meal.
(d) He thinks about bedbugs and fleas.
4. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) He daydreams of flying to America
(c) One of his surrealist fantasies
(d) He gets a migraine
5. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(b) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(c) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(d) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
2. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
3. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
4. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
5. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)