|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best thing Henry notes about Kruger, the painter and sculptor?
(a) He is unbelievably wealthy.
(b) He has many contacts in the publishing world.
(c) He is also a great chef.
(d) He is a splendid housekeeper.
2. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
(a) As an emaciated American woman with no ambition.
(b) As a fat American lying on the sofa eating bon bons.
(c) As a would-be writer with no talent.
(d) As an intelligent, hard working American woman.
3. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
(a) To visit Tania
(b) The Rue du Pasteru-Wagner
(c) Miss Hamilton's joint
(d) The Dome
4. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
(a) He listens for her return and takes back the money he gave her.
(b) He becomes panicky thinking she has gone for the police.
(c) He takes his time putting his clothes back on.
(d) He gets very angry that she left him there alone.
5. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He is short like Moldorf.
(b) He has a crippled right hand.
(c) He has a glass eye.
(d) He has a club foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
4. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
5. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)