|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Norden call everyone?
2. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
(a) He is trying to save his own money.
(b) He gets fired from his job.
(c) He doesn't make enough money on his job.
(d) Nanantatee kicks him out.
3. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
4. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(b) The stuff that penny operas are made of
(c) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
(d) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
5. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
(a) He listens for her return and takes back the money he gave her.
(b) He becomes panicky thinking she has gone for the police.
(c) He takes his time putting his clothes back on.
(d) He gets very angry that she left him there alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marlowe about to go?
2. What is the story the blonde woman tells Henry through her tears?
3. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
4. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
5. Normally a slob, how does Nanantatee change after Henry moves in?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)