|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
(a) Children's stories about a mouse
(b) A thesis for a deaf and dumb psychologist
(c) Jingles for newspaper ads
(d) Instruction for assembling kitchen gadgets
2. How does the blond woman react to Henry's offer of fifty francs?
(a) She screams out that he is a miser.
(b) She is insulted and Henry fears she might make a scene.
(c) She laughs in his face and makes him ashamed.
(d) She accepts it with gratitude.
3. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
(a) He puts out pages of an old book he wrote years ago
(b) He sits at the table and stares at a blank page.
(c) He goes back to sleep, sometimes not getting up before noon.
(d) He goes for a stroll
4. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
(b) He is talentless but determined.
(c) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(d) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
5. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Ives, a French surrealist painter
(b) Fillmore, an American attache
(c) Peckover, a proofreader
(d) Ivan, a Russian furrier
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
2. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
3. How much does Henry plan to spend on the blonde woman?
4. What does Van Norden call everyone?
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)