|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the spiritual minded person Henry meets through the photographer?
(a) The Dalai Lama
(d) Anise Nin
2. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because he lost his toothbrush
(b) Because of the water in Paris
(c) Because his dentist is incompetent
(d) Because of the bread in France
3. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
(a) A satyr
(b) A wine bottle
(c) No words on a blank page
(d) One long intestine
4. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(b) Making ad layouts
(c) Book binding
(d) Writing jingles
5. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
(a) He thinks it will cheer her up if he goes to her place.
(b) He believes she will not sleep with him in a hotel.
(c) He thinks that at her place he might suggest moving in with her.
(d) He thinks it will be cheaper than paying for a hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
2. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
3. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
4. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
5. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)