|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(b) In the hotel lobby
(c) In the Dome
(d) In bed
2. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(c) Mona, his wife
(d) Moldorf, the dwarf
3. What does Henry do for a photographer?
(a) He poses for pornographic pictures for a German collector.
(b) He learns to work in his darkroom.
(c) He writes captions for his photographs.
(d) He finds whores for him to photograph.
4. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(b) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(c) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(d) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
5. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a pitiful human being
(b) As a great artist
(c) As an inept writer
(d) As a god
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
2. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
4. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
5. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)