|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
2. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) All the rich Englishwomen there
(b) The revolving door
(c) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(d) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
3. Sleeping on a mattress in the hall, what is Henry's troubled dream?
(a) The Mona Lisa scratching herself to get rid of bedbugs.
(b) The dancers and audience of Follies-Bergere all naked and scratching fleas.
(c) Boris, Carl, and Tania laughing at him in the Louvre.
(d) Germaine forcing him to marry her when she gets pregnant.
4. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(b) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
(c) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(d) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(b) He pretends he is going blind.
(c) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(d) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
2. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
3. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
4. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
5. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)