|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) They all come down with influenza.
(b) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(c) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
(d) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
2. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
(a) She chews his ear off about Russia.
(b) She talks about divorcing Sylvester and marrying Carl.
(c) She lets Henry see her without makeup.
(d) She agrees to sleep with him.
3. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
(a) He listens for her return and takes back the money he gave her.
(b) He gets very angry that she left him there alone.
(c) He becomes panicky thinking she has gone for the police.
(d) He takes his time putting his clothes back on.
4. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
(a) He sits at the table and stares at a blank page.
(b) He goes back to sleep, sometimes not getting up before noon.
(c) He puts out pages of an old book he wrote years ago
(d) He goes for a stroll
5. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(b) They charge too much for their services.
(c) Either they want money or to get married.
(d) They wear too much perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
2. What is the best thing Henry notes about Kruger, the painter and sculptor?
3. What does Henry do for a photographer?
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
5. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)