|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Ivan, a Russian furrier
(b) Fillmore, an American attache
(c) Peckover, a proofreader
(d) Ives, a French surrealist painter
2. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Cleaning the toilets
(b) Translating letters
(c) Reading from his manuscript
(d) Carbons and babysitting
3. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A ten franc note
(b) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(c) Blank paper and a filled pen
(d) A book to read
4. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(b) He is talentless but determined.
(c) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
(d) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
5. What is Henry's response when the English girl asks for a loan of fifteen or twenty francs?
(a) He runs away from her.
(b) He insists that she go to bed with him.
(c) He gives her fifty francs.
(d) He laughs in her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
2. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
5. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)