|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
(a) He wants an English teacher.
(b) He wants to meet Germaine.
(c) He has read Henry's articles.
(d) He needs a guide around Paris.
2. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
(a) He believes she will not sleep with him in a hotel.
(b) He thinks it will cheer her up if he goes to her place.
(c) He thinks it will be cheaper than paying for a hotel room.
(d) He thinks that at her place he might suggest moving in with her.
3. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
(a) He thinks about his next meal.
(b) He wonders how a woman feels during sex.
(c) He thinks about bedbugs and fleas.
(d) He thinks about where he can find a place to stay.
4. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
(a) He feels that he is in some kind of drama that will be in the morning papers.
(b) He thinks the woman is holding out for more money.
(c) He fears that some kind of scam is being pulled on him.
(d) He decides to leave and never come back.
5. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(b) They all come down with influenza.
(c) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
(d) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
2. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
4. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)