|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He is tired of going to the Dome.
(b) He was there only last night.
(c) He owes too much money there.
(d) He does not like the decor.
2. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
(a) A woman who loves to support artists
(b) A book by Papini
(c) A ticket to a concert
(d) A wallet filled with francs
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Police looking at him suspiciously
(b) Beggars asking for food
(c) Sidewalk food venders
(d) Hotels and food
4. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(b) Olga makes shoes
(c) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
(d) The Russians sell blintzes
5. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
(a) She talks about divorcing Sylvester and marrying Carl.
(b) She chews his ear off about Russia.
(c) She agrees to sleep with him.
(d) She lets Henry see her without makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
2. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
3. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
4. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
5. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)