|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Thirty centimes
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A dollar and a half
(d) A pound and six pence
2. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) No one stays long enough to die.
(b) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(c) People in Paris only drink wine.
(d) Paris never forgets imbecils.
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(b) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(c) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(d) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
4. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He is short like Moldorf.
(b) He has a glass eye.
(c) He has a club foot.
(d) He has a crippled right hand.
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(b) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(c) Mona, his wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
2. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
4. How much does Henry plan to spend on the blonde woman?
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)