|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Lying down with lions
(b) Walking on hot coals
(c) Digging graves
(d) Being enslaved
2. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Ives, a French surrealist painter
(b) Fillmore, an American attache
(c) Peckover, a proofreader
(d) Ivan, a Russian furrier
3. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
(a) He fears that some kind of scam is being pulled on him.
(b) He decides to leave and never come back.
(c) He thinks the woman is holding out for more money.
(d) He feels that he is in some kind of drama that will be in the morning papers.
4. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
(a) A young Hindu lecturer from India
(c) Sylvester and Tania
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In the Dome
(b) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(c) In bed
(d) In the hotel lobby
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
2. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
3. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
4. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
5. What is the first thing the Hindu religious wants to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)