|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
(b) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
(c) Write a love letter for him.
(d) Procure virgins for him.
2. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
(a) He forgets about sex.
(b) He becomes neurotic.
(c) He breaks out in hives.
(d) He gets indigestion when he eats.
3. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
(a) She sizes up which one has the money.
(b) She informs them that she is not that kind of woman.
(c) She begins to try and play them against each other.
(d) She gets frightened and leaves.
4. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
(a) The sight seeing trips down the Seine
(b) The expensive department stores of Paris
(c) The swell bars around the Champs-Elysee
(d) The Louvre
5. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
(b) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(c) All the rich Englishwomen there
(d) The revolving door
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
2. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
3. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
4. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
5. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)