|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
2. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
3. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
(a) He thinks that at her place he might suggest moving in with her.
(b) He thinks it will cheer her up if he goes to her place.
(c) He believes she will not sleep with him in a hotel.
(d) He thinks it will be cheaper than paying for a hotel room.
4. About what does Serge want to learn?
(d) California wines
5. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Write his reviews for the newspaper
(b) Stay away from his wife
(c) Pay his bar bills
(d) Send him money
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
3. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
4. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
5. What does Henry do for a photographer?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)