|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(b) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(c) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(d) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
2. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
(b) She always hides her face behind a fan.
(c) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(d) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(b) You're going to lose your job.
(c) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(d) The police are looking for you.
4. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because he lost his toothbrush
(b) Because of the water in Paris
(c) Because his dentist is incompetent
(d) Because of the bread in France
5. About what does Serge want to learn?
(c) California wines
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
2. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
3. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
4. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
5. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)