|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
2. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(a) Cheap prostitutes
(b) Rich women
(c) Married women
3. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
4. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They wear too much perfume.
(b) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(c) They charge too much for their services.
(d) Either they want money or to get married.
5. How much does Henry plan to spend on the blonde woman?
(a) He plans to spend only fifty francs.
(b) He plans to offer to let her move in with him.
(c) He plans to get her to bed him for free.
(d) He plans to spend over a hundred francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
2. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
3. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
5. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)