|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Ivan, a Russian furrier
(b) Peckover, a proofreader
(c) Ives, a French surrealist painter
(d) Fillmore, an American attache
2. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
(a) One long intestine
(b) A satyr
(c) No words on a blank page
(d) A wine bottle
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A broomstick wearing clothes
(b) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
(c) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(d) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
4. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(b) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(c) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(d) That her lover had left her for another actress.
5. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
Short Answer Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
2. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
3. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
4. What weakness appears in Henry as he plans how to use the money given to him?
5. Normally a slob, how does Nanantatee change after Henry moves in?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)