|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
(a) She answers her letter with money enclosed.
(b) She has a room for rent in her house.
(c) She is the rich woman they are trying to secure for Carl.
(d) She is a great literary agent.
2. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
(a) Only a few weeks
(b) About six months
(c) Over a year
(d) The end of the year
3. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Hammering nails
(b) Cooking stew
(c) Playing Bach
(d) Tap dancing
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) A History of the Left Bank
(b) The End of Innocence
(c) The Last Book
(d) The Death of the World
5. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
(b) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
(c) He invites Henry out to dinner.
(d) He uncorks some champagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
2. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
4. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
5. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)