|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In the hotel lobby
(b) In the Dome
(c) In bed
(d) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
2. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(b) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
(c) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
(d) He is talentless but determined.
3. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
(b) Write a love letter for him.
(c) Procure virgins for him.
(d) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
4. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
(a) Kiss the boss' ass
(b) Operate a printing press
(c) Write obituaries
(d) Make coffee
5. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Peckover, a proofreader
(b) Fillmore, an American attache
(c) Ivan, a Russian furrier
(d) Ives, a French surrealist painter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when the English girl asks for a loan of fifteen or twenty francs?
2. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
3. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
4. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
5. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)