|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a good place for his allergies.
(b) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(c) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
2. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
(b) Sylvester and Tania
(d) A young Hindu lecturer from India
3. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
(a) She has a room for rent in her house.
(b) She answers her letter with money enclosed.
(c) She is a great literary agent.
(d) She is the rich woman they are trying to secure for Carl.
4. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(b) He pretends he is going blind.
(c) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(d) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) A Man Cut in Slices
(b) The Sun Also Rises
(c) Man and Superman
(d) The Red Shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
2. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
3. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
4. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
5. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)