|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
(b) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(c) She always hides her face behind a fan.
(d) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
2. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
(a) He shows them his laundry bag with the slogan, No tickee, no washee.
(b) He asks them to suggest how he should redecorate.
(c) He shows them the view of the barracks.
(d) He wants them to see his etchings.
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(b) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(c) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(d) It is a good place for his allergies.
4. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
(b) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
(c) Write a love letter for him.
(d) Procure virgins for him.
5. What is the best thing Henry notes about Kruger, the painter and sculptor?
(a) He is a splendid housekeeper.
(b) He is also a great chef.
(c) He is unbelievably wealthy.
(d) He has many contacts in the publishing world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weakness appears in Henry as he plans how to use the money given to him?
2. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
4. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)