|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(b) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
(c) All the rich Englishwomen there
(d) The revolving door
2. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His new book
(b) His empty stomach
(c) His good friends
(d) His superb health
3. For whom does Henry do some ghost writing?
(a) A Russian art dealer
(b) A Jewish fur merchant
(c) The owner of the Dome
(d) A german he met through Elsa
4. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
(a) She has a great body but a hideously ugly face.
(b) She demands too much of Mark.
(c) She has lost her shape and her ability to support Mark anymore.
(d) She is a bad cook.
5. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(b) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(c) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
2. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
3. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
4. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
5. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)