|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He can't afford to be seen there.
(b) He has been banned from both places.
(c) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
(d) He is short a few sous.
2. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
3. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
(d) Vinereal diseast
4. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Thirty centimes
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A dollar and a half
(d) A pound and six pence
5. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
(b) Gone With the Wind
(d) The Jazz Singer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
2. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
3. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
4. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
5. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)