|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
(a) As an emaciated American woman with no ambition.
(b) As a fat American lying on the sofa eating bon bons.
(c) As an intelligent, hard working American woman.
(d) As a would-be writer with no talent.
2. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A few hundred francs
(b) A place to write
(c) The promise of a meal now and then
(d) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
3. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Recommend them for jobs
(b) Write them them every day
(c) Pay them when he returns
(d) Bring them souvenirs from America
4. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
(a) He thinks about bedbugs and fleas.
(b) He wonders how a woman feels during sex.
(c) He thinks about where he can find a place to stay.
(d) He thinks about his next meal.
5. Normally a slob, how does Nanantatee change after Henry moves in?
(a) He moves them into a fancy hotel.
(b) He starts picking up after himself.
(c) He hires a maid.
(d) He becomes excessively clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
3. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
4. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)