|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
(a) The opera
(b) The stage door of the Folies-Bergere
(c) The Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(d) The Dome
2. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) All the rich Englishwomen there
(b) The revolving door
(c) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(d) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
3. What is the first thing the Hindu religious wants to do?
(a) Climb the Eiffel Tower
(b) Set up a lecture schedule
(c) Visit a brothel
(d) Visit the Louvre
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Mona, his wife
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
5. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
(a) He and Henry have a long standing feud.
(b) Peckover cannot remember where he met Henry.
(c) He is almost as impoverished as Henry.
(d) Peckover is Sylvester's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
2. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
3. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
4. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
5. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)