|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Death of the World
(b) The End of Innocence
(c) A History of the Left Bank
(d) The Last Book
2. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
(a) Vinereal diseast
3. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
(a) Boris introduced them.
(b) They met at the Dome.
(c) They met in New York.
(d) They met on the ship coming from America.
4. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
(a) As a fat American lying on the sofa eating bon bons.
(b) As an intelligent, hard working American woman.
(c) As a would-be writer with no talent.
(d) As an emaciated American woman with no ambition.
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
(b) He has been banned from both places.
(c) He can't afford to be seen there.
(d) He is short a few sous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
2. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
5. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)