|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do for a photographer?
(a) He finds whores for him to photograph.
(b) He learns to work in his darkroom.
(c) He poses for pornographic pictures for a German collector.
(d) He writes captions for his photographs.
2. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
(a) He beats up a girl.
(b) He smokes foul smelling Indian cigars.
(c) He refuses to pay.
(d) He uses the bidet for a toilet.
3. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
(a) He and Henry have a long standing feud.
(b) Peckover is Sylvester's cousin.
(c) He is almost as impoverished as Henry.
(d) Peckover cannot remember where he met Henry.
4. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The view
(c) The heating system
(d) The furniture
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) New York City
(c) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
2. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
3. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
4. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
5. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)