|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
(a) She is a bad cook.
(b) She has lost her shape and her ability to support Mark anymore.
(c) She demands too much of Mark.
(d) She has a great body but a hideously ugly face.
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) He needs a desk or table to write on.
(c) He is seriously ill.
(d) He is about to be evicted.
3. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
(a) He tries to convert Henry to Hinduism.
(b) He cleans his apartment all the time.
(c) He does not offer wine to Henry when he drinks.
(d) He insists on calling him Endree.
4. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Fillmore, an American attache
(b) Peckover, a proofreader
(c) Ivan, a Russian furrier
(d) Ives, a French surrealist painter
5. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
(a) The Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(b) The stage door of the Folies-Bergere
(c) The opera
(d) The Dome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
2. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
5. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)