|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) The police are looking for you.
(b) You're going to lose your job.
(c) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(d) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
2. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(b) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
(c) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
(d) He is talentless but determined.
3. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(b) They charge too much for their services.
(c) They wear too much perfume.
(d) Either they want money or to get married.
4. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Fillmore, an American attache
(b) Ivan, a Russian furrier
(c) Ives, a French surrealist painter
(d) Peckover, a proofreader
5. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His false teeth
(b) His gold pen
(c) His toupee
(d) His wallet
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
2. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
3. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
4. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
5. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)