|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
(a) He cannot take her to the places like the Dome.
(b) It can only be seen through loneliness and hunger.
(c) The Paris he loves is only in his mind.
(d) Mona never stays long enough for him to do it.
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
3. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
(a) He becomes neurotic.
(b) He gets indigestion when he eats.
(c) He breaks out in hives.
(d) He forgets about sex.
4. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
(b) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
(c) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(d) The stuff that penny operas are made of
5. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His gold pen
(b) His toupee
(c) His false teeth
(d) His wallet
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
2. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
3. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
4. How much money does Henry get from Peckover?
5. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)