|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(b) Gets drunk
(c) Visits a brothel again
(d) Gets the last of Henry's money
2. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
(a) She is the rich woman they are trying to secure for Carl.
(b) She answers her letter with money enclosed.
(c) She is a great literary agent.
(d) She has a room for rent in her house.
3. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) A Man Cut in Slices
(b) The Red Shoes
(c) Man and Superman
(d) The Sun Also Rises
4. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(b) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(c) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(d) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
5. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Write them them every day
(b) Pay them when he returns
(c) Recommend them for jobs
(d) Bring them souvenirs from America
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
2. Where is Marlowe about to go?
3. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
4. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
5. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)