|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(b) In bed
(c) In the Dome
(d) In the hotel lobby
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(b) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(c) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
3. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Several young expatriate American students
(b) A dormitory of university students
(c) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
(d) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
4. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) She is crying hysterically.
(b) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
(c) She is melting.
(d) Something is tickling her.
5. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(d) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
2. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
3. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
4. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
5. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)