|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
(a) Boris introduced them.
(b) They met in New York.
(c) They met on the ship coming from America.
(d) They met at the Dome.
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Being enslaved
(b) Digging graves
(c) Walking on hot coals
(d) Lying down with lions
3. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Thirty centimes
(b) A pound and six pence
(c) Fifty francs
(d) A dollar and a half
4. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
(a) Because he enjoys posing for him
(b) Because he always has money
(c) Because of his thorough knowledge of Paris
(d) Because he is less intelligent than Henry
5. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
(a) For food and pin money
(b) For Brois's connections
(c) Because he was close to tania
(d) Because Brosi lived himso much
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
2. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
3. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
4. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
5. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)