|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(b) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(c) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(d) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
2. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
(a) Mr. Not a Tree
(b) Mr. Nonentity
(c) Mr. Na-na-tatee
(d) Mr. Manatee
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(b) Gets the last of Henry's money
(c) Visits a brothel again
(d) Gets drunk
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(b) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(c) He was once what modorf is now.
(d) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
5. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
(a) He is trying to save his own money.
(b) Nanantatee kicks him out.
(c) He gets fired from his job.
(d) He doesn't make enough money on his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
2. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
3. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
4. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
5. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)