|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
(d) Vinereal diseast
2. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
(b) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(c) They are crawling with bedbugs.
(d) They are used by three or four people at once.
3. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(d) Other Americans
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Each one writing every other chapter
(b) Dictating to a secretary
(d) In French and German
5. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
(a) A thesis for a deaf and dumb psychologist
(b) Instruction for assembling kitchen gadgets
(c) Jingles for newspaper ads
(d) Children's stories about a mouse
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
2. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
3. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
4. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
5. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)