|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
(b) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(c) The revolving door
(d) All the rich Englishwomen there
2. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The YMCA
(b) Villa Broghese
(c) The Ritz Hotel
(d) The Dome
3. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
4. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
(a) Mr. Not a Tree
(b) Mr. Na-na-tatee
(c) Mr. Nonentity
(d) Mr. Manatee
5. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(b) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(c) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
(d) A broomstick wearing clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
2. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
3. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
4. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
5. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)