|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The stale smoke in the room
(b) The body odor of the Russians
(c) The smell of disinfectants
(d) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
2. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(b) Cheap prostitutes
(c) Rich women
(d) Married women
3. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
(a) The bust of Homer
(b) The fabled murals by Picasso
(c) The room where Strindberg once lived
(d) The lavatories with the gold fixtures
4. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
(a) He wants to meet Germaine.
(b) He wants an English teacher.
(c) He has read Henry's articles.
(d) He needs a guide around Paris.
5. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(b) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(c) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(d) He hears the pounding of the suft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
2. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
3. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
4. Normally a slob, how does Nanantatee change after Henry moves in?
5. What is the first thing the Hindu religious wants to do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)