|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) An art critic
(b) A newspaper publisher
(c) A Hindu mystic
(d) A pearl merchant
2. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They wear too much perfume.
(b) They charge too much for their services.
(c) Either they want money or to get married.
(d) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
3. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Last Book
(b) The Death of the World
(c) The End of Innocence
(d) A History of the Left Bank
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A broomstick wearing clothes
(b) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(c) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(d) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
5. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
(a) She lets Henry see her without makeup.
(b) She chews his ear off about Russia.
(c) She talks about divorcing Sylvester and marrying Carl.
(d) She agrees to sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
2. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
3. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
5. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)