|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A chicken bone
(b) A pacifier
(c) A Teddy bear
(d) A glass of milk
2. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) Villa Broghese
(b) The Dome
(c) The YMCA
(d) The Ritz Hotel
3. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(b) Never having enough light to see by
(c) Someone stealing his ideas
(d) Having a serious writer's block
4. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(b) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(c) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(d) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
5. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Fifty francs
(b) A dollar and a half
(c) Thirty centimes
(d) A pound and six pence
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
3. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
4. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
5. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)