|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) Several days
(b) A year
(c) Three years
(d) A month
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like divine music
(b) Like wind howling through the trees
(c) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(d) Like an out of tune organ
3. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) A dollar and a half
(b) Fifty francs
(c) Thirty centimes
(d) A pound and six pence
4. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) He is seriously ill.
(c) He is about to be evicted.
(d) He needs a desk or table to write on.
5. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Gets the last of Henry's money
(b) Visits a brothel again
(c) Gets drunk
(d) Signs a book deal with a publisher
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
2. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
5. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)