|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(b) Because she is beautiful
(c) Because Henry needs a bath
(d) Because he hates Henry
2. How does Kelpi make his living?
(a) Guiding tourists to places where he gets a commission.
(b) Delivering messages.
(c) Picking tourists' pockets.
(d) Collecting bottles for recycling.
3. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) An art critic
(b) A Hindu mystic
(c) A newspaper publisher
(d) A pearl merchant
4. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(b) Never having enough light to see by
(c) Having a serious writer's block
(d) Someone stealing his ideas
5. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
(b) Mona Lisa
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
2. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
3. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
4. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
5. Sleeping on a mattress in the hall, what is Henry's troubled dream?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)