|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Russians sell blintzes
(b) Olga makes shoes
(c) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(d) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
2. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(b) Someone stealing his ideas
(c) Never having enough light to see by
(d) Having a serious writer's block
3. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Mona, his wife
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Pay his bar bills
(b) Send him money
(c) Write his reviews for the newspaper
(d) Stay away from his wife
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Playing Bach
(b) Hammering nails
(c) Tap dancing
(d) Cooking stew
Short Answer Questions
1. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
3. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
4. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
5. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)