|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Police looking at him suspiciously
(b) Hotels and food
(c) Sidewalk food venders
(d) Beggars asking for food
2. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As a pitiful human being
(c) As a god
(d) As an inept writer
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(b) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(c) You're going to lose your job.
(d) The police are looking for you.
4. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Never having enough light to see by
(b) Having a serious writer's block
(c) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(d) Someone stealing his ideas
5. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Recommend them for jobs
(b) Write them them every day
(c) Pay them when he returns
(d) Bring them souvenirs from America
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
3. About what does Serge want to learn?
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)