|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(b) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(c) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(d) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
2. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
(b) A young Hindu lecturer from India
(c) Sylvester and Tania
3. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) Something is tickling her.
(b) She is crying hysterically.
(c) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
(d) She is melting.
4. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
(b) Immanuel Kant
(c) Benedetto Croce
5. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(b) People in Paris only drink wine.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) No one stays long enough to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
2. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
3. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
5. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)