|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The stale smoke in the room
(b) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
(c) The smell of disinfectants
(d) The body odor of the Russians
2. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) Man and Superman
(b) The Red Shoes
(c) The Sun Also Rises
(d) A Man Cut in Slices
3. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(c) Moldorf, the dwarf
(d) Mona, his wife
4. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) He needs a desk or table to write on.
(c) He is seriously ill.
(d) He is about to be evicted.
5. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
(a) He thinks about his next meal.
(b) He thinks about where he can find a place to stay.
(c) He wonders how a woman feels during sex.
(d) He thinks about bedbugs and fleas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
2. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
3. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
4. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
5. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)