|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
(b) He was once what modorf is now.
(c) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(d) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The Dome
(b) The Ritz Hotel
(c) The YMCA
(d) Villa Broghese
4. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The body odor of the Russians
(b) The stale smoke in the room
(c) The smell of disinfectants
(d) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
5. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(b) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(c) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
2. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
3. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
5. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)