|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) Something is tickling her.
(b) She is melting.
(c) She is crying hysterically.
(d) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
2. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
(b) Sylvester and Tania
(c) A young Hindu lecturer from India
3. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
(a) He needs a guide around Paris.
(b) He has read Henry's articles.
(c) He wants an English teacher.
(d) He wants to meet Germaine.
4. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(b) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(c) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(d) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
5. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a good place for his allergies.
(b) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(c) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
2. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
3. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
4. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)