|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) A pound and six pence
(b) Thirty centimes
(c) A dollar and a half
(d) Fifty francs
2. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Last Book
(b) A History of the Left Bank
(c) The Death of the World
(d) The End of Innocence
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
4. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) The police are looking for you.
(b) You're going to lose your job.
(c) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(d) Your favorite girl has the clap.
5. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(b) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(c) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
2. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
3. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
5. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)