|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(c) Other Americans
2. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because she is beautiful
(b) Because Henry needs a bath
(c) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(d) Because he hates Henry
5. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The furniture
(b) The view
(c) The heating system
(d) The toilet
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
2. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
3. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
4. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)