|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The heating system
(b) The furniture
(c) The toilet
(d) The view
2. Sleeping on a mattress in the hall, what is Henry's troubled dream?
(a) The Mona Lisa scratching herself to get rid of bedbugs.
(b) Germaine forcing him to marry her when she gets pregnant.
(c) Boris, Carl, and Tania laughing at him in the Louvre.
(d) The dancers and audience of Follies-Bergere all naked and scratching fleas.
3. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
4. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(b) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(c) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(d) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
5. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(b) In French and German
(c) Each one writing every other chapter
(d) Dictating to a secretary
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
2. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
3. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
4. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)