|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A glass of milk
(b) A Teddy bear
(c) A pacifier
(d) A chicken bone
2. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) People in Paris only drink wine.
(b) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(c) No one stays long enough to die.
(d) Paris never forgets imbecils.
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(b) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(c) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(d) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
4. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
(a) A book by Papini
(b) A woman who loves to support artists
(c) A ticket to a concert
(d) A wallet filled with francs
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) Fifty francs a week.
(b) A private loft where he can write.
(c) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
(d) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
2. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
3. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
4. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)