|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Reading from his manuscript
(b) Cleaning the toilets
(c) Translating letters
(d) Carbons and babysitting
2. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is perpetually hungry.
(b) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(c) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(d) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
3. About what does Serge want to learn?
(a) California wines
4. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He is short like Moldorf.
(b) He has a crippled right hand.
(c) He has a club foot.
(d) He has a glass eye.
5. How much money does Henry get from Peckover?
(a) Ten francs
(b) Fifty centimes
(c) Fifty francs
(d) One franc-fifty
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
2. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
3. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
4. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
5. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)