|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
(a) He wants to meet Germaine.
(b) He wants an English teacher.
(c) He has read Henry's articles.
(d) He needs a guide around Paris.
2. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) A private loft where he can write.
(b) Fifty francs a week.
(c) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
(d) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(b) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(c) A broomstick wearing clothes
(d) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
4. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
(a) As an emaciated American woman with no ambition.
(b) As a fat American lying on the sofa eating bon bons.
(c) As a would-be writer with no talent.
(d) As an intelligent, hard working American woman.
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) Man and Superman
(b) A Man Cut in Slices
(c) The Sun Also Rises
(d) The Red Shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
2. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
3. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)