|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(b) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(c) A broomstick wearing clothes
(d) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like divine music
(b) Like an out of tune organ
(c) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(d) Like wind howling through the trees
3. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The furniture
(c) The view
(d) The heating system
4. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
(a) He wants an English teacher.
(b) He has read Henry's articles.
(c) He wants to meet Germaine.
(d) He needs a guide around Paris.
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Tap dancing
(b) Cooking stew
(c) Playing Bach
(d) Hammering nails
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
5. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)