|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He pretends he is going blind.
(b) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(c) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(d) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
2. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The Ritz Hotel
(b) The Dome
(c) The YMCA
(d) Villa Broghese
3. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They lack self-confidence.
(b) They are bewitched by words.
(c) They are hungry and tired.
(d) They are mad and tone deaf.
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because she is beautiful
(b) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(c) Because he hates Henry
(d) Because Henry needs a bath
5. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
2. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
4. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
5. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)