|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Several young expatriate American students
(b) A dormitory of university students
(c) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
(d) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
2. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They are mad and tone deaf.
(b) They are hungry and tired.
(c) They are bewitched by words.
(d) They lack self-confidence.
3. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Digging graves
(b) Walking on hot coals
(c) Lying down with lions
(d) Being enslaved
4. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like divine music
(b) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(c) Like wind howling through the trees
(d) Like an out of tune organ
5. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Death of the World
(b) A History of the Left Bank
(c) The End of Innocence
(d) The Last Book
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
2. About what does Serge want to learn?
3. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
4. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)