|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) A private loft where he can write.
(b) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
(c) Fifty francs a week.
(d) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
2. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Mona, his wife
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
3. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As a god
(c) As an inept writer
(d) As a pitiful human being
4. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) The police are looking for you.
(b) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(c) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(d) You're going to lose your job.
5. About what does Serge want to learn?
(d) California wines
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
2. Sleeping on a mattress in the hall, what is Henry's troubled dream?
3. How much money does Henry get from Peckover?
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
5. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)