|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The furniture
(b) The toilet
(c) The heating system
(d) The view
2. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The Dome
(b) Villa Broghese
(c) The Ritz Hotel
(d) The YMCA
3. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because Henry needs a bath
(b) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(c) Because she is beautiful
(d) Because he hates Henry
4. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Beggars asking for food
(b) Police looking at him suspiciously
(c) Hotels and food
(d) Sidewalk food venders
5. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
(a) A cheap bottle of wine
(b) Coffee and a croissant
(c) An American breakfast
(d) A dozen eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
2. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
3. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
4. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
5. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)