|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
(b) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(c) He makes no sense when he talks.
(d) He is a better writer than Henry.
2. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His false teeth
(b) His gold pen
(c) His toupee
(d) His wallet
3. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
(a) The Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(b) The stage door of the Folies-Bergere
(c) The opera
(d) The Dome
4. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
(a) He wants an English teacher.
(b) He wants to meet Germaine.
(c) He has read Henry's articles.
(d) He needs a guide around Paris.
5. Sleeping on a mattress in the hall, what is Henry's troubled dream?
(a) Boris, Carl, and Tania laughing at him in the Louvre.
(b) The Mona Lisa scratching herself to get rid of bedbugs.
(c) The dancers and audience of Follies-Bergere all naked and scratching fleas.
(d) Germaine forcing him to marry her when she gets pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Henry get from Peckover?
2. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
4. About what does Serge want to learn?
5. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)