|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(b) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
(c) The stuff that penny operas are made of
(d) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
2. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(b) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(c) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(d) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
3. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Elsa, the maid
(d) Mona, his wife
4. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(b) She has all the money.
(c) She has two large brothers.
(d) She has many lovers.
5. Sleeping on a mattress in the hall, what is Henry's troubled dream?
(a) Boris, Carl, and Tania laughing at him in the Louvre.
(b) Germaine forcing him to marry her when she gets pregnant.
(c) The Mona Lisa scratching herself to get rid of bedbugs.
(d) The dancers and audience of Follies-Bergere all naked and scratching fleas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
2. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
3. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
4. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
5. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)