|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(b) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(c) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(d) He hears the pounding of the suft.
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(b) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(c) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(d) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
3. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
(a) He thinks about where he can find a place to stay.
(b) He wonders how a woman feels during sex.
(c) He thinks about his next meal.
(d) He thinks about bedbugs and fleas.
4. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) The Sun Also Rises
(b) Man and Superman
(c) A Man Cut in Slices
(d) The Red Shoes
5. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has all the money.
(b) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(c) She has many lovers.
(d) She has two large brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
2. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
3. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
4. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
5. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)