|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Each one writing every other chapter
(b) Dictating to a secretary
(c) In French and German
2. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
(a) No words on a blank page
(b) A wine bottle
(c) A satyr
(d) One long intestine
3. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He makes no sense when he talks.
(b) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(c) He is a better writer than Henry.
(d) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
4. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
(a) The opera
(b) The Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(c) The Dome
(d) The stage door of the Folies-Bergere
5. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) He gets a migraine
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) One of his surrealist fantasies
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
3. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
5. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)