|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He can't afford to be seen there.
(b) He has been banned from both places.
(c) He is short a few sous.
(d) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(b) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(c) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(d) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Translating letters
(b) Carbons and babysitting
(c) Cleaning the toilets
(d) Reading from his manuscript
5. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The view
(c) The heating system
(d) The furniture
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
5. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)