|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like wind howling through the trees
(d) Like an out of tune organ
2. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) Three years
(b) Several days
(c) A year
(d) A month
3. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
(b) A dormitory of university students
(c) Several young expatriate American students
(d) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
4. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
(a) A cheap bottle of wine
(b) Coffee and a croissant
(c) A dozen eggs
(d) An American breakfast
5. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) A dollar and a half
(b) A pound and six pence
(c) Thirty centimes
(d) Fifty francs
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Serge want to learn?
2. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
3. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
4. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
5. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)