|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The heating system
(b) The furniture
(c) The view
(d) The toilet
2. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Playing Bach
(b) Hammering nails
(c) Cooking stew
(d) Tap dancing
3. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(b) Someone stealing his ideas
(c) Having a serious writer's block
(d) Never having enough light to see by
4. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A Teddy bear
(b) A chicken bone
(c) A pacifier
(d) A glass of milk
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Elsa, the maid
(b) Mona, his wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
2. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)