|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(b) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
(c) He makes no sense when he talks.
(d) He is a better writer than Henry.
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because Henry needs a bath
(b) Because he hates Henry
(c) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(d) Because she is beautiful
3. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As an inept writer
(b) As a pitiful human being
(c) As a god
(d) As a great artist
4. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He daydreams of flying to America
(b) One of his surrealist fantasies
(c) He gets a migraine
(d) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
5. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(c) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(d) Sitting down to a good meal daily
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
2. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
3. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
4. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
5. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)