|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As a god
(c) As a pitiful human being
(d) As an inept writer
2. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Bring them souvenirs from America
(b) Recommend them for jobs
(c) Pay them when he returns
(d) Write them them every day
3. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) One of his surrealist fantasies
(c) He gets a migraine
(d) He daydreams of flying to America
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(b) In French and German
(c) Dictating to a secretary
(d) Each one writing every other chapter
5. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) Villa Broghese
(b) The Dome
(c) The Ritz Hotel
(d) The YMCA
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
5. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)