|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) The Red Shoes
(b) The Sun Also Rises
(c) A Man Cut in Slices
(d) Man and Superman
2. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Pay them when he returns
(b) Bring them souvenirs from America
(c) Write them them every day
(d) Recommend them for jobs
3. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Being enslaved
(b) Lying down with lions
(c) Walking on hot coals
(d) Digging graves
4. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
5. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(b) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(c) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(d) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
5. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)