|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(b) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like an out of tune organ
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(d) Like wind howling through the trees
3. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Someone stealing his ideas
(b) Having a serious writer's block
(c) Never having enough light to see by
(d) Not knowing where he can sit to write
4. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His new book
(c) His good friends
(d) His empty stomach
5. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(b) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(c) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(d) He is perpetually hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
3. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
4. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
5. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)