|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Police looking at him suspiciously
(b) Sidewalk food venders
(c) Beggars asking for food
(d) Hotels and food
2. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(b) No one stays long enough to die.
(c) People in Paris only drink wine.
(d) Paris never forgets imbecils.
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(b) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
(c) A broomstick wearing clothes
(d) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(b) Elsa, the maid
(c) Mona, his wife
(d) Tania, Sylverster's wife
5. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As an inept writer
(c) As a pitiful human being
(d) As a god
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
2. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
5. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)