|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(b) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(c) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(d) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Walking on hot coals
(b) Being enslaved
(c) Digging graves
(d) Lying down with lions
3. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His empty stomach
(b) His superb health
(c) His new book
(d) His good friends
4. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the Tuileries
(b) In the American Express office
(c) In the cinema
(d) In the Dome
5. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(b) Other Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
2. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
3. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
4. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
5. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)