|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He is seriously ill.
(b) He is about to be evicted.
(c) He needs a desk or table to write on.
(d) He lost his wallet.
3. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Dictating to a secretary
(b) Each one writing every other chapter
(c) In French and German
4. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Walking on hot coals
(b) Being enslaved
(c) Digging graves
(d) Lying down with lions
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) A Man Cut in Slices
(b) The Sun Also Rises
(c) The Red Shoes
(d) Man and Superman
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
2. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
3. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)