|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Recommend them for jobs
(b) Bring them souvenirs from America
(c) Write them them every day
(d) Pay them when he returns
2. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) No one stays long enough to die.
(b) People in Paris only drink wine.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) Paris never forgets imbecils.
3. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
(a) Mona Lisa
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(b) Mona, his wife
(c) Moldorf, the dwarf
5. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(b) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(c) He is perpetually hungry.
(d) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
2. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
3. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
4. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
5. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)