|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Sidewalk food venders
(b) Police looking at him suspiciously
(c) Hotels and food
(d) Beggars asking for food
2. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Playing Bach
(b) Tap dancing
(c) Hammering nails
(d) Cooking stew
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like an out of tune organ
(d) Like wind howling through the trees
4. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(c) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(d) He is perpetually hungry.
5. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His gold pen
(b) His wallet
(c) His false teeth
(d) His toupee
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
2. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
3. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)