|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Each one writing every other chapter
(c) Dictating to a secretary
(d) In French and German
2. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Someone stealing his ideas
(b) Having a serious writer's block
(c) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(d) Never having enough light to see by
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Pay his bar bills
(b) Stay away from his wife
(c) Write his reviews for the newspaper
(d) Send him money
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because Henry needs a bath
(b) Because she is beautiful
(c) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(d) Because he hates Henry
5. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
2. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
4. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
5. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)