|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(b) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(c) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
2. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the American Express office
(b) In the Tuileries
(c) In the Dome
(d) In the cinema
3. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(b) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
(c) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
(d) She always hides her face behind a fan.
4. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is perpetually hungry.
(b) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(c) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(d) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
5. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
5. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)