|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(b) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(c) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
3. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
(b) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
(c) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(d) She always hides her face behind a fan.
4. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Never having enough light to see by
(b) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(c) Someone stealing his ideas
(d) Having a serious writer's block
5. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has many lovers.
(b) She has two large brothers.
(c) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(d) She has all the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
2. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
3. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
4. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
5. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)