|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
(b) Gone With the Wind
(c) The Jazz Singer
2. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) People in Paris only drink wine.
(b) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) No one stays long enough to die.
3. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(b) In the Dome
(c) In the hotel lobby
(d) In bed
4. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(b) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(c) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(d) He hears the pounding of the suft.
5. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(b) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(c) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
(d) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
3. Where is Marlowe about to go?
4. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)