|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(c) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(d) He is perpetually hungry.
2. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
3. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) People in Paris only drink wine.
(b) No one stays long enough to die.
(c) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(d) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) San Francisco
(c) New York City
5. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(b) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
(c) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(d) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)