|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) No one stays long enough to die.
(b) People in Paris only drink wine.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) Paris never forgets imbecils.
2. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(b) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(c) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(d) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Stay away from his wife
(b) Pay his bar bills
(c) Send him money
(d) Write his reviews for the newspaper
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Last Book
(b) A History of the Left Bank
(c) The End of Innocence
(d) The Death of the World
5. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
2. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
3. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)