|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) He is seriously ill.
(c) He needs a desk or table to write on.
(d) He is about to be evicted.
2. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Someone stealing his ideas
(b) Never having enough light to see by
(c) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(d) Having a serious writer's block
3. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
(b) She is melting.
(c) She is crying hysterically.
(d) Something is tickling her.
4. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(a) Other Americans
5. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A pacifier
(b) A glass of milk
(c) A chicken bone
(d) A Teddy bear
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)