|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(b) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(c) No one stays long enough to die.
(d) People in Paris only drink wine.
2. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Moldorf, the dwarf
(b) Mona, his wife
(d) Boris, another writer
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like an out of tune organ
(b) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(c) Like divine music
(d) Like wind howling through the trees
4. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
5. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The Dome
(b) Villa Broghese
(c) The YMCA
(d) The Ritz Hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
2. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
3. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
4. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
5. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)