|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) A year
(b) A month
(c) Three years
(d) Several days
2. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Death of the World
(b) The End of Innocence
(c) A History of the Left Bank
(d) The Last Book
3. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Each one writing every other chapter
(c) In French and German
(d) Dictating to a secretary
5. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(b) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(c) He is perpetually hungry.
(d) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
2. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
5. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)