|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
(b) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(c) She always hides her face behind a fan.
(d) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
2. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The heating system
(c) The furniture
(d) The view
3. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They are hungry and tired.
(b) They are mad and tone deaf.
(c) They lack self-confidence.
(d) They are bewitched by words.
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Hammering nails
(b) Cooking stew
(c) Tap dancing
(d) Playing Bach
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
4. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
5. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)