|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Last Book
(b) The End of Innocence
(c) The Death of the World
(d) A History of the Left Bank
2. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Beggars asking for food
(b) Hotels and food
(c) Sidewalk food venders
(d) Police looking at him suspiciously
3. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(b) In French and German
(c) Each one writing every other chapter
(d) Dictating to a secretary
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Elsa, the maid
(b) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(c) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(d) Mona, his wife
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Playing Bach
(b) Tap dancing
(c) Hammering nails
(d) Cooking stew
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
3. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
4. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
5. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)