|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(b) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(c) He is perpetually hungry.
(d) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
2. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A glass of milk
(b) A chicken bone
(c) A Teddy bear
(d) A pacifier
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like wind howling through the trees
(b) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(c) Like divine music
(d) Like an out of tune organ
4. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) Three years
(b) Several days
(c) A year
(d) A month
5. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
4. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
5. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)