|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) He daydreams of flying to America
(c) One of his surrealist fantasies
(d) He gets a migraine
2. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
3. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
4. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She always hides her face behind a fan.
(b) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
(c) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
(d) She is overdressed in fine silks.
5. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(b) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(c) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(d) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
3. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
5. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)