|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Lying down with lions
(b) Digging graves
(c) Walking on hot coals
(d) Being enslaved
2. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Beggars asking for food
(b) Police looking at him suspiciously
(c) Sidewalk food venders
(d) Hotels and food
3. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As a pitiful human being
(c) As a god
(d) As an inept writer
4. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Mona, his wife
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
2. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
3. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
5. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)