|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(b) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
(c) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(d) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
2. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She always hides her face behind a fan.
(b) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
(c) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(d) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(b) Because he hates Henry
(c) Because she is beautiful
(d) Because Henry needs a bath
5. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a god
(b) As a great artist
(c) As an inept writer
(d) As a pitiful human being
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
2. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
3. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
4. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
5. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)