|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is perpetually hungry.
(b) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(c) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(d) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because she is beautiful
(b) Because he hates Henry
(c) Because Henry needs a bath
(d) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
3. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(b) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(c) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(d) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Death of the World
(b) The End of Innocence
(c) The Last Book
(d) A History of the Left Bank
5. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(b) Moldorf, the dwarf
(c) Mona, his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
2. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
3. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
4. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
5. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)