|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
2. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
(b) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(c) He makes no sense when he talks.
(d) He is a better writer than Henry.
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(b) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(c) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(d) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(b) Mona, his wife
(c) Moldorf, the dwarf
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Tap dancing
(b) Cooking stew
(c) Hammering nails
(d) Playing Bach
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
2. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
3. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
4. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
5. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)