|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Hammering nails
(b) Tap dancing
(c) Cooking stew
(d) Playing Bach
2. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) A year
(b) Several days
(c) A month
(d) Three years
3. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(b) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(c) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(d) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They lack self-confidence.
(b) They are mad and tone deaf.
(c) They are bewitched by words.
(d) They are hungry and tired.
5. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(b) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(c) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(d) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
3. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)