|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(c) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(d) He is perpetually hungry.
2. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He makes no sense when he talks.
(b) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(c) He is a better writer than Henry.
(d) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
3. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(b) Mona, his wife
(c) Elsa, the maid
(d) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
4. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(b) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(c) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(d) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
5. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The furniture
(b) The toilet
(c) The view
(d) The heating system
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
2. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
3. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
4. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
5. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)