|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(b) He is perpetually hungry.
(c) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(d) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
2. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(b) Moldorf, the dwarf
(c) Mona, his wife
3. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He gets a migraine
(b) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) One of his surrealist fantasies
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The End of Innocence
(b) The Last Book
(c) A History of the Left Bank
(d) The Death of the World
5. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They lack self-confidence.
(b) They are bewitched by words.
(c) They are hungry and tired.
(d) They are mad and tone deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
2. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
4. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
5. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)