|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As an inept writer
(c) As a god
(d) As a pitiful human being
2. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(b) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(c) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(d) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
3. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Mona, his wife
(b) Moldorf, the dwarf
(c) Boris, another writer
5. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Being enslaved
(b) Digging graves
(c) Walking on hot coals
(d) Lying down with lions
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
2. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
3. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
4. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
5. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)