|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
2. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) One of his surrealist fantasies
(b) He gets a migraine
(c) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(d) He daydreams of flying to America
3. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Tap dancing
(b) Playing Bach
(c) Hammering nails
(d) Cooking stew
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Dictating to a secretary
(b) In French and German
(d) Each one writing every other chapter
5. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They lack self-confidence.
(b) They are hungry and tired.
(c) They are bewitched by words.
(d) They are mad and tone deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
2. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
3. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
4. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
5. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)