|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) A month
(b) A year
(c) Three years
(d) Several days
2. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Sidewalk food venders
(b) Hotels and food
(c) Police looking at him suspiciously
(d) Beggars asking for food
4. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(b) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(c) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
(d) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
5. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They are bewitched by words.
(b) They are hungry and tired.
(c) They lack self-confidence.
(d) They are mad and tone deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
3. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
4. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
5. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)