|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) The Red Shoes
(b) The Sun Also Rises
(c) Man and Superman
(d) A Man Cut in Slices
2. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Police looking at him suspiciously
(b) Sidewalk food venders
(c) Beggars asking for food
(d) Hotels and food
3. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
(b) He makes no sense when he talks.
(c) He is a better writer than Henry.
(d) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Moldorf, the dwarf
(b) Mona, his wife
(d) Boris, another writer
5. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) One of his surrealist fantasies
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) He gets a migraine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
2. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
3. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
4. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
5. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)