|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The view
(c) The heating system
(d) The furniture
2. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has two large brothers.
(b) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(c) She has all the money.
(d) She has many lovers.
3. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Walking on hot coals
(b) Lying down with lions
(c) Being enslaved
(d) Digging graves
4. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) People in Paris only drink wine.
(b) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) No one stays long enough to die.
5. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A Teddy bear
(b) A pacifier
(c) A chicken bone
(d) A glass of milk
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
4. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
5. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)