Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
(a) He tells Henry secrets about Nanantatee.
(b) He raids the cabinet for food.
(c) He sits on the front steps and waits for him.
(d) He looks for loose change in the sofa.
2. How much money does Henry get from Peckover?
(a) Ten francs
(b) Fifty centimes
(c) Fifty francs
(d) One franc-fifty
3. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
(a) He takes his time putting his clothes back on.
(b) He becomes panicky thinking she has gone for the police.
(c) He listens for her return and takes back the money he gave her.
(d) He gets very angry that she left him there alone.
4. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) She is melting.
(b) She is crying hysterically.
(c) Something is tickling her.
(d) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
5. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
(a) As a fat American lying on the sofa eating bon bons.
(b) As a would-be writer with no talent.
(c) As an intelligent, hard working American woman.
(d) As an emaciated American woman with no ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
2. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
3. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
4. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
5. What historical information does the photographer give to Henry?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)