|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
(b) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
(c) Fifty francs a week.
(d) A private loft where he can write.
2. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He is short a few sous.
(b) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
(c) He can't afford to be seen there.
(d) He has been banned from both places.
3. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
(a) He is trying to save his own money.
(b) He doesn't make enough money on his job.
(c) Nanantatee kicks him out.
(d) He gets fired from his job.
4. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) People in Paris only drink wine.
(b) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(c) No one stays long enough to die.
(d) Paris never forgets imbecils.
5. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(b) They are crawling with bedbugs.
(c) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
(d) They are used by three or four people at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
2. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
4. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
5. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)