|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) New York City
(c) San Francisco
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
3. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
(a) He smokes foul smelling Indian cigars.
(b) He refuses to pay.
(c) He beats up a girl.
(d) He uses the bidet for a toilet.
4. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The furniture
(c) The view
(d) The heating system
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In bed
(b) In the hotel lobby
(c) In the Dome
(d) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
2. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
3. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
4. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)