|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His new book
(c) His good friends
(d) His empty stomach
2. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
(a) She is overweight and has yellow complexion.
(b) She has gold teeth and a geranium in her hat.
(c) She is overdressed in fine silks.
(d) She always hides her face behind a fan.
3. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
(a) A cheap bottle of wine
(b) An American breakfast
(c) Coffee and a croissant
(d) A dozen eggs
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The Death of the World
(b) A History of the Left Bank
(c) The End of Innocence
(d) The Last Book
5. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
2. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
3. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
4. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
5. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)