Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(b) Someone stealing his ideas
(c) Never having enough light to see by
(d) Having a serious writer's block
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like wind howling through the trees
(b) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(c) Like an out of tune organ
(d) Like divine music
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(c) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(d) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
4. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Walking on hot coals
(b) Digging graves
(c) Being enslaved
(d) Lying down with lions
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(b) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(c) Elsa, the maid
(d) Mona, his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
2. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
4. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
5. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)