Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Elsa, the maid
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Mona, his wife
(d) Tania, Sylverster's wife
2. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He gets a migraine
(b) He daydreams of flying to America
(c) One of his surrealist fantasies
(d) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(b) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
(c) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(d) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
4. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He is perpetually hungry.
(c) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(d) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
5. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The End of Innocence
(b) The Last Book
(c) A History of the Left Bank
(d) The Death of the World
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
2. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
3. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
4. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)