|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
(a) She has a great body but a hideously ugly face.
(b) She has lost her shape and her ability to support Mark anymore.
(c) She is a bad cook.
(d) She demands too much of Mark.
2. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They make us change the world.
(b) They make us count our blessings.
(c) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(d) They frighten us in the dark.
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Gets drunk
(b) Gets the last of Henry's money
(c) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(d) Visits a brothel again
4. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
(a) She chews his ear off about Russia.
(b) She lets Henry see her without makeup.
(c) She agrees to sleep with him.
(d) She talks about divorcing Sylvester and marrying Carl.
5. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(c) Other Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Henry plan to spend on the blonde woman?
2. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
3. What does Henry suggest is the task of the artist?
4. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
5. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)