|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(b) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(c) He was once what modorf is now.
(d) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
2. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) Three years
(b) Several days
(c) A month
(d) A year
3. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
(a) One long intestine
(b) A satyr
(c) A wine bottle
(d) No words on a blank page
4. What is his idea about his book?
(a) To give it up because his ideas are too radical
(b) To write only what the public wants to read
(c) To present a resurrection of emotions
(d) To imitate the best sellers of his day
5. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(b) They charge too much for their services.
(c) They wear too much perfume.
(d) Either they want money or to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
3. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
4. How is Henry surprised by the blonde woman's action in bed?
5. How do the commune people get money for food?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)