|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has all the money.
(b) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(c) She has many lovers.
(d) She has two large brothers.
2. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They frighten us in the dark.
(b) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(c) They make us count our blessings.
(d) They make us change the world.
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) You're going to lose your job.
(b) The police are looking for you.
(c) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(d) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
4. What is Henry's view of his world?
(a) It is getting smaller and smaller.
(b) It is dying of cancer.
(c) It is coming back to life.
(d) It is dying of cancer.
5. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
(a) His attraction for Paris
(b) His philandering ways
(c) His gutter vocabulary
(d) His need to write
Short Answer Questions
1. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
2. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
3. How do the commune people get money for food?
4. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
5. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)