|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(b) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(c) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(d) He pretends he is going blind.
2. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
(a) He cleans his apartment all the time.
(b) He insists on calling him Endree.
(c) He tries to convert Henry to Hinduism.
(d) He does not offer wine to Henry when he drinks.
3. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Elsa, the maid
(b) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Mona, his wife
4. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A ten franc note
(b) A book to read
(c) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(d) Blank paper and a filled pen
5. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A few hundred francs
(b) The promise of a meal now and then
(c) A place to write
(d) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
2. How do the commune people get money for food?
3. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
4. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
5. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)