|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(b) The Russians sell blintzes
(c) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
(d) Olga makes shoes
2. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A broomstick wearing clothes
(b) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(c) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(d) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
3. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) A Man Cut in Slices
(b) Man and Superman
(c) The Sun Also Rises
(d) The Red Shoes
4. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
(a) He asks them to suggest how he should redecorate.
(b) He shows them the view of the barracks.
(c) He wants them to see his etchings.
(d) He shows them his laundry bag with the slogan, No tickee, no washee.
5. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The furniture
(b) The toilet
(c) The view
(d) The heating system
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
2. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
3. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
4. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
5. What is the best thing Henry notes about Kruger, the painter and sculptor?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)