|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Henry surprised by the blonde woman's action in bed?
(a) He is amazed that she refuses to remove her kimono.
(b) He fears that she is going to substitute her mother in the bed.
(c) He is startled when she reaches up and turns out the lights.
(d) He cannot believe how accomplished she is.
2. For whom does Henry do some ghost writing?
(a) A Russian art dealer
(b) A Jewish fur merchant
(c) The owner of the Dome
(d) A german he met through Elsa
3. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) Villa Broghese
(b) The Ritz Hotel
(c) The Dome
(d) The YMCA
4. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
(b) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
(c) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(d) He is talentless but determined.
5. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
(a) The room where Strindberg once lived
(b) The lavatories with the gold fixtures
(c) The bust of Homer
(d) The fabled murals by Picasso
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry think is the one lone literary figure America has produced?
2. What does Van Norden call everyone?
3. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
5. After losing his job, what do Carl and Van Norden keep asking Henry?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)