|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because Henry needs a bath
(b) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(c) Because he hates Henry
(d) Because she is beautiful
2. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
(a) He thinks that it makes him feel safe to be in France.
(b) He thinks that maybe he sould join the French Foriegn Legion.
(c) He thinks they are quite entertaining.
(d) He thinks they are depressing and utterly ridiculous.
3. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
(a) He fears that some kind of scam is being pulled on him.
(b) He thinks the woman is holding out for more money.
(c) He feels that he is in some kind of drama that will be in the morning papers.
(d) He decides to leave and never come back.
4. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
(a) Because Brosi lived himso much
(b) Because he was close to tania
(c) For Brois's connections
(d) For food and pin money
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
(b) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
(c) A private loft where he can write.
(d) Fifty francs a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
2. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
3. Where is Marlowe about to go?
4. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
5. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)