|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
(a) Children's stories about a mouse
(b) Jingles for newspaper ads
(c) A thesis for a deaf and dumb psychologist
(d) Instruction for assembling kitchen gadgets
2. What weakness appears in Henry as he plans how to use the money given to him?
(a) He buys expensive liquour and invites Fillmore over.
(b) He finds a budget place to live but shells out money to women.
(c) He buys new clothes and goes to the opera.
(d) He cannot pass up the French pastries at the bakery.
3. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
(a) Sylvester and Tania
(d) A young Hindu lecturer from India
4. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(b) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(c) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
(d) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
5. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The heating system
(c) The view
(d) The furniture
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
2. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
3. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
4. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
5. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)