|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
(a) He thinks it will be cheaper than paying for a hotel room.
(b) He thinks it will cheer her up if he goes to her place.
(c) He believes she will not sleep with him in a hotel.
(d) He thinks that at her place he might suggest moving in with her.
2. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(b) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
(c) The revolving door
(d) All the rich Englishwomen there
3. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He has a glass eye.
(b) He is short like Moldorf.
(c) He has a club foot.
(d) He has a crippled right hand.
4. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They wear too much perfume.
(b) They charge too much for their services.
(c) Either they want money or to get married.
(d) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He has been banned from both places.
(b) He is short a few sous.
(c) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
(d) He can't afford to be seen there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
2. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
4. What is his idea about his book?
5. How do the commune people get money for food?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)