|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(b) They make us change the world.
(c) They frighten us in the dark.
(d) They make us count our blessings.
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because she is beautiful
(b) Because Henry needs a bath
(c) Because he hates Henry
(d) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
3. Who does Henry think is the one lone literary figure America has produced?
4. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A pearl merchant
(b) A newspaper publisher
(c) A Hindu mystic
(d) An art critic
5. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(b) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(c) He is impressed with her title.
(d) He believes she will make him a duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marlowe about to go?
2. About what does Serge want to learn?
3. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
4. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
5. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)