|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
(a) Coffee and a croissant
(b) An American breakfast
(c) A cheap bottle of wine
(d) A dozen eggs
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. How does Henry see what he calls the inhuman race of artists?
(a) As being stoned to death my the humans
(b) As standing on high places and ripping out their entrails
(c) As divine angels of light
(d) As being able to sieze the unobtainable.
4. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
(a) He beats up a girl.
(b) He smokes foul smelling Indian cigars.
(c) He uses the bidet for a toilet.
(d) He refuses to pay.
5. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
(b) A private loft where he can write.
(c) Fifty francs a week.
(d) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's view of his world?
2. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
4. Normally a slob, how does Nanantatee change after Henry moves in?
5. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)