|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(b) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(c) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(d) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
2. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
(a) Peckover is Sylvester's cousin.
(b) He is almost as impoverished as Henry.
(c) Peckover cannot remember where he met Henry.
(d) He and Henry have a long standing feud.
3. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(a) Other Americans
4. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(b) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(c) He is perpetually hungry.
(d) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
5. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The Ritz Hotel
(b) Villa Broghese
(c) The Dome
(d) The YMCA
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
2. How is Henry surprised by the blonde woman's action in bed?
3. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
4. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
5. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)