|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(b) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
(c) He makes no sense when he talks.
(d) He is a better writer than Henry.
2. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His good friends
(c) His new book
(d) His empty stomach
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(b) Gets the last of Henry's money
(c) Visits a brothel again
(d) Gets drunk
4. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
(b) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
(c) A dormitory of university students
(d) Several young expatriate American students
5. How much money does Henry get from Peckover?
(a) One franc-fifty
(b) Fifty centimes
(c) Ten francs
(d) Fifty francs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
2. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
3. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
4. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)