|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
2. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
(a) She gets frightened and leaves.
(b) She informs them that she is not that kind of woman.
(c) She sizes up which one has the money.
(d) She begins to try and play them against each other.
3. How do Fillmore and Henry deal with the cold flat?
(a) They sip hot toddies.
(b) They leave and go visit Carl.
(c) They sleep in the same bed.
(d) The burn the furniture.
4. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
(a) His looking for free meals
(b) His singing
(c) His vocabulary
(d) His style of dressing
5. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
(b) Write a love letter for him.
(c) Procure virgins for him.
(d) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
2. How does the blond woman react to Henry's offer of fifty francs?
3. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
4. What finally gets the Russian princess out of Fillmore's apartment?
5. One place has a good room but why does he not take it?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)