|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
(a) A dozen eggs
(b) A cheap bottle of wine
(c) Coffee and a croissant
(d) An American breakfast
2. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
(a) Because he always has money
(b) Because he is less intelligent than Henry
(c) Because of his thorough knowledge of Paris
(d) Because he enjoys posing for him
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like an out of tune organ
(d) Like wind howling through the trees
4. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
(b) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(c) The stuff that penny operas are made of
(d) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
5. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a god
(b) As a pitiful human being
(c) As a great artist
(d) As an inept writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
2. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
3. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
4. What is Henry's response when the English girl asks for a loan of fifteen or twenty francs?
5. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)