|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
(b) He makes no sense when he talks.
(c) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(d) He is a better writer than Henry.
2. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) She is crying hysterically.
(b) Something is tickling her.
(c) She is melting.
(d) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
3. What is Henry's response when the English girl asks for a loan of fifteen or twenty francs?
(a) He runs away from her.
(b) He insists that she go to bed with him.
(c) He laughs in her face.
(d) He gives her fifty francs.
4. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
5. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He is about to be evicted.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) He is seriously ill.
(d) He needs a desk or table to write on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
3. How much does Henry plan to spend on the blonde woman?
4. Who is the spiritual minded person Henry meets through the photographer?
5. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)