|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like wind howling through the trees
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like an out of tune organ
(d) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
2. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
(d) Mona Lisa
3. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) A year
(b) A month
(c) Three years
(d) Several days
4. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(b) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(c) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
5. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
(a) A satyr
(b) No words on a blank page
(c) A wine bottle
(d) One long intestine
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
2. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
3. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
4. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
5. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)