|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(b) No one stays long enough to die.
(c) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(d) People in Paris only drink wine.
2. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
(b) They all come down with influenza.
(c) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(d) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
3. How is Henry surprised by the blonde woman's action in bed?
(a) He fears that she is going to substitute her mother in the bed.
(b) He is startled when she reaches up and turns out the lights.
(c) He is amazed that she refuses to remove her kimono.
(d) He cannot believe how accomplished she is.
4. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As a god
(c) As a pitiful human being
(d) As an inept writer
5. How much does Henry plan to spend on the blonde woman?
(a) He plans to offer to let her move in with him.
(b) He plans to get her to bed him for free.
(c) He plans to spend only fifty francs.
(d) He plans to spend over a hundred francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
2. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
3. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
4. About what does Serge want to learn?
5. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)