|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They are used by three or four people at once.
(b) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(c) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
(d) They are crawling with bedbugs.
2. For whom does Henry do some ghost writing?
(a) The owner of the Dome
(b) A german he met through Elsa
(c) A Jewish fur merchant
(d) A Russian art dealer
3. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
(a) Because he was close to tania
(b) For food and pin money
(c) For Brois's connections
(d) Because Brosi lived himso much
4. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
(a) He sits on the front steps and waits for him.
(b) He tells Henry secrets about Nanantatee.
(c) He looks for loose change in the sofa.
(d) He raids the cabinet for food.
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(b) He pretends he is going blind.
(c) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(d) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
2. In spite of his hunger, where does Henry hang out in the evenings?
3. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
4. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
5. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)