|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
(a) Children's stories about a mouse
(b) Jingles for newspaper ads
(c) Instruction for assembling kitchen gadgets
(d) A thesis for a deaf and dumb psychologist
2. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Gets drunk
(b) Visits a brothel again
(c) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(d) Gets the last of Henry's money
3. One place has a good room but why does he not take it?
(a) He suspects it has bedbugs and fleas, although he never saw them.
(b) It is too far away from the places he likes to walk in the evenings.
(c) It is too near Sylvester's apartment and he wants to be far away.
(d) To get to his room he would have to pass through a blind man's room.
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York City
5. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As an inept writer
(b) As a god
(c) As a great artist
(d) As a pitiful human being
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
2. What historical information does the photographer give to Henry?
3. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
4. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
5. After losing his job, what do Carl and Van Norden keep asking Henry?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)