|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Pay them when he returns
(b) Bring them souvenirs from America
(c) Recommend them for jobs
(d) Write them them every day
2. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) She is melting.
(b) She is crying hysterically.
(c) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
(d) Something is tickling her.
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Hotels and food
(b) Sidewalk food venders
(c) Beggars asking for food
(d) Police looking at him suspiciously
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) He was once what modorf is now.
(b) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(c) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
(d) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
5. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
(b) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(c) A broomstick wearing clothes
(d) A scarecrow in a cornfield
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the commune people get money for food?
2. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)