|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(c) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(d) He is perpetually hungry.
2. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Tap dancing
(b) Cooking stew
(c) Hammering nails
(d) Playing Bach
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
4. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like wind howling through the trees
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(d) Like an out of tune organ
5. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has many lovers.
(b) She has all the money.
(c) She has two large brothers.
(d) She weighs over 180 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
2. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
5. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)