|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
(b) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(c) Olga makes shoes
(d) The Russians sell blintzes
2. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
(a) She is melting.
(b) She is blowing up li9ke a balloon.
(c) Something is tickling her.
(d) She is crying hysterically.
3. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
(a) A month
(b) A year
(c) Several days
(d) Three years
4. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(b) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(c) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
(d) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He is short a few sous.
(b) He has been banned from both places.
(c) He can't afford to be seen there.
(d) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
2. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
4. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)