|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like an out of tune organ
(c) Like wind howling through the trees
(d) Like divine music
2. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
(b) Olga makes shoes
(c) The Russians sell blintzes
(d) Henry writes articles for newspapers
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His false teeth
(b) His gold pen
(c) His toupee
(d) His wallet
4. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Reading from his manuscript
(b) Translating letters
(c) Carbons and babysitting
(d) Cleaning the toilets
5. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Dictating to a secretary
(b) In French and German
(c) Each one writing every other chapter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
2. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
4. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
5. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)