|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
2. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) San Francisco
(d) New York City
3. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Carbons and babysitting
(b) Reading from his manuscript
(c) Cleaning the toilets
(d) Translating letters
4. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(b) They are used by three or four people at once.
(c) They are crawling with bedbugs.
(d) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
5. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Write them them every day
(b) Bring them souvenirs from America
(c) Pay them when he returns
(d) Recommend them for jobs
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
3. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
4. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
5. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)