|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
(a) Benedetto Croce
(b) Immanuel Kant
2. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the American Express office
(b) In the Dome
(c) In the cinema
(d) In the Tuileries
3. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He needs a desk or table to write on.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) He is seriously ill.
(d) He is about to be evicted.
4. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
(b) They are crawling with bedbugs.
(c) They are used by three or four people at once.
(d) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
5. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
(a) He is a better writer than Henry.
(b) He is someone Henry wants to know better.
(c) He makes no sense when he talks.
(d) He has everything because he has a rich wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
2. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
4. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
5. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)