|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
(a) Walking on hot coals
(b) Being enslaved
(c) Lying down with lions
(d) Digging graves
2. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
(a) The Jazz Singer
(d) Gone With the Wind
3. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He has a club foot.
(b) He has a glass eye.
(c) He has a crippled right hand.
(d) He is short like Moldorf.
4. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He gets a migraine
(b) One of his surrealist fantasies
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) A Man Cut in Slices
(b) Man and Superman
(c) The Red Shoes
(d) The Sun Also Rises
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
3. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
4. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)