|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Boris, another writer
(b) Mona, his wife
(c) Moldorf, the dwarf
2. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Send him money
(b) Pay his bar bills
(c) Stay away from his wife
(d) Write his reviews for the newspaper
3. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(c) Other Americans
4. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As an inept writer
(b) As a god
(c) As a great artist
(d) As a pitiful human being
5. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Russians sell blintzes
(b) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(c) Olga makes shoes
(d) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
2. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
3. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
4. How long has Henry's wife, Mona, been gone from Paris?
5. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)