|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Moldorf, the dwarf
(c) Boris, another writer
(d) Mona, his wife
2. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the Tuileries
(b) In the American Express office
(c) In the Dome
(d) In the cinema
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(c) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(d) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
4. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) He is seriously ill.
(c) He is about to be evicted.
(d) He needs a desk or table to write on.
5. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(b) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
(c) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
(d) The stuff that penny operas are made of
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
2. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
4. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
5. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)