|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) San Francisco
(b) New York City
2. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) The Sun Also Rises
(b) The Red Shoes
(c) A Man Cut in Slices
(d) Man and Superman
3. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He has been banned from both places.
(b) He is short a few sous.
(c) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
(d) He can't afford to be seen there.
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) In French and German
(b) Each one writing every other chapter
(d) Dictating to a secretary
5. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) Villa Broghese
(b) The Dome
(c) The Ritz Hotel
(d) The YMCA
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
2. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
3. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
4. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
5. In Henry's fantasy about Fanny, what is happening to her?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)