|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) One of his surrealist fantasies
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) He gets a migraine
2. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
(b) A dormitory of university students
(c) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
(d) Several young expatriate American students
3. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(b) They are crawling with bedbugs.
(c) They are used by three or four people at once.
(d) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
4. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) A History of the Left Bank
(b) The Death of the World
(c) The Last Book
(d) The End of Innocence
5. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His wallet
(b) His false teeth
(c) His toupee
(d) His gold pen
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
2. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
3. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
4. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
5. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)