|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
2. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(b) The police are looking for you.
(c) You're going to lose your job.
(d) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
3. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(b) He was once what modorf is now.
(c) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(d) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
4. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has all the money.
(b) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(c) She has many lovers.
(d) She has two large brothers.
5. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Cooking stew
(b) Hammering nails
(c) Playing Bach
(d) Tap dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
3. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
4. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
5. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)