|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(b) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(c) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(d) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
2. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) One of his surrealist fantasies
(b) He gets a migraine
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
3. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
(b) Several young expatriate American students
(c) A dormitory of university students
(d) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
4. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) A dollar and a half
(b) A pound and six pence
(c) Fifty francs
(d) Thirty centimes
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(b) He pretends he is going blind.
(c) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(d) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
3. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
4. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
5. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)