|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) You're going to lose your job.
(b) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(c) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(d) The police are looking for you.
2. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
(a) Cooking stew
(b) Hammering nails
(c) Tap dancing
(d) Playing Bach
3. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
(b) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(c) The stuff that penny operas are made of
(d) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
4. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) No one stays long enough to die.
(b) People in Paris only drink wine.
(c) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(d) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
5. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Someone stealing his ideas
(b) Never having enough light to see by
(c) Having a serious writer's block
(d) Not knowing where he can sit to write
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
2. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
3. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
4. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
5. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)