|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Sidewalk food venders
(b) Hotels and food
(c) Police looking at him suspiciously
(d) Beggars asking for food
2. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He is perpetually hungry.
(c) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
(d) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
3. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He is short like Moldorf.
(b) He has a crippled right hand.
(c) He has a club foot.
(d) He has a glass eye.
4. Who does Henry praise for putting her whole soul into her whoring?
5. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Cleaning the toilets
(b) Translating letters
(c) Carbons and babysitting
(d) Reading from his manuscript
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
2. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
4. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
5. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)