|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He pretends he is going blind.
(b) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(c) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(d) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
2. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the Tuileries
(b) In the American Express office
(c) In the Dome
(d) In the cinema
3. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The heating system
(b) The toilet
(c) The view
(d) The furniture
4. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(b) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(c) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(d) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
5. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He daydreams of flying to America
(b) He gets a migraine
(c) One of his surrealist fantasies
(d) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
2. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
4. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
5. What is the movie playing at the Cine Combat?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)