|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
(a) They lack self-confidence.
(b) They are hungry and tired.
(c) They are mad and tone deaf.
(d) They are bewitched by words.
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because he hates Henry
(b) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(c) Because Henry needs a bath
(d) Because she is beautiful
3. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Beggars asking for food
(b) Hotels and food
(c) Police looking at him suspiciously
(d) Sidewalk food venders
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(b) In French and German
(c) Each one writing every other chapter
(d) Dictating to a secretary
5. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
(d) Other Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
2. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
3. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
4. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
5. When Henry is writing about Claude, of whom is he really thinking?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)