Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
(a) The Rue du Pasteru-Wagner
(b) To visit Tania
(c) Miss Hamilton's joint
(d) The Dome
2. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A newspaper publisher
(b) An art critic
(c) A Hindu mystic
(d) A pearl merchant
3. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
(a) Macha gets drunk and agrees to go to bed with Fillmore.
(b) Macha confesses that she is not a real princess.
(c) Macha refuses to leave with Fillmore.
(d) Macha goes to make a phone call and never returns.
4. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
(a) A book he read about cheap whores on the Rue du Pasteur-Wagner
(b) All the food that restaurants throw into the garbage bins
(c) His wife Mona who is working and has plenty to eat
(d) A banquet he once attended where he ate pheasant under glass
5. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
(a) A wallet filled with francs
(b) A ticket to a concert
(c) A book by Papini
(d) A woman who loves to support artists
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
2. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
3. After losing his job, what do Carl and Van Norden keep asking Henry?
4. How does Henry see what he calls the inhuman race of artists?
5. What is Henry's response when the English girl asks for a loan of fifteen or twenty francs?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)