|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Hotels and food
(b) Sidewalk food venders
(c) Police looking at him suspiciously
(d) Beggars asking for food
2. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
(a) A glass of milk
(b) A pacifier
(c) A Teddy bear
(d) A chicken bone
3. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
(b) The Russians sell blintzes
(c) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(d) Olga makes shoes
4. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
(a) He hears the pounding of the suft.
(b) He hears the monotone of the telegraph lines.
(c) He hears a roar while others hear a squeak.
(d) He hears the whisper of the breeze.
5. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
2. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
4. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
5. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)