|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) The police are looking for you.
(b) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(c) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(d) You're going to lose your job.
2. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He has a crippled right hand.
(b) He has a glass eye.
(c) He is short like Moldorf.
(d) He has a club foot.
3. How does Kelpi make his living?
(a) Picking tourists' pockets.
(b) Delivering messages.
(c) Collecting bottles for recycling.
(d) Guiding tourists to places where he gets a commission.
4. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) A dormitory of university students
(b) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
(c) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
(d) Several young expatriate American students
5. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a great artist
(b) As a pitiful human being
(c) As an inept writer
(d) As a god
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
2. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
3. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
5. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)