|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) One of his surrealist fantasies
(b) He gets a migraine
(c) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(d) He daydreams of flying to America
2. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His false teeth
(b) His toupee
(c) His gold pen
(d) His wallet
3. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(b) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(c) He was once what modorf is now.
(d) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
4. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His good friends
(b) His empty stomach
(c) His new book
(d) His superb health
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He pretends he is going blind.
(b) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(c) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(d) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
2. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
4. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
5. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)