|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a good place for his allergies.
(b) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(c) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(d) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
2. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He daydreams of flying to America
(b) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(c) One of his surrealist fantasies
(d) He gets a migraine
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Stay away from his wife
(b) Pay his bar bills
(c) Write his reviews for the newspaper
(d) Send him money
4. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
(a) The Dome
(b) Miss Hamilton's joint
(c) The Rue du Pasteru-Wagner
(d) To visit Tania
5. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(b) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(c) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(d) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
2. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
3. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
5. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)