|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Mona, his wife
(b) Elsa, the maid
(c) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(d) Tania, Sylverster's wife
2. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He has been banned from both places.
(b) He can't afford to be seen there.
(c) He is short a few sous.
(d) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
3. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
(a) Miss Hamilton's joint
(b) The Rue du Pasteru-Wagner
(c) The Dome
(d) To visit Tania
4. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He pretends he is going blind.
(b) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(c) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(d) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His new book
(c) His empty stomach
(d) His good friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
2. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
3. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
5. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)