|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A pearl merchant
(b) A newspaper publisher
(c) An art critic
(d) A Hindu mystic
2. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(b) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(c) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(d) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(b) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(c) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(d) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
4. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(a) Writing jingles
(c) Book binding
(d) Making ad layouts
5. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like divine music
(c) Like an out of tune organ
(d) Like wind howling through the trees
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
2. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
5. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)