|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Fifty francs
(b) Thirty centimes
(c) A pound and six pence
(d) A dollar and a half
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because Henry needs a bath
(b) Because he hates Henry
(c) Because she is beautiful
(d) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
3. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His new book
(c) His good friends
(d) His empty stomach
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(b) San Francisco
(c) New York City
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In the hotel lobby
(b) In the Dome
(c) In bed
(d) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
2. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
3. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
4. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
5. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)