|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(b) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
(c) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(d) He was once what modorf is now.
2. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the Dome
(b) In the cinema
(c) In the American Express office
(d) In the Tuileries
3. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(b) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(c) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(d) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
4. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As a god
(b) As a great artist
(c) As a pitiful human being
(d) As an inept writer
5. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
(a) The room where Strindberg once lived
(b) The fabled murals by Picasso
(c) The lavatories with the gold fixtures
(d) The bust of Homer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
2. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. How does Kelpi make his living?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)