|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Russians sell blintzes
(b) Olga makes shoes
(c) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(d) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
2. What is the first thing the Hindu religious wants to do?
(a) Climb the Eiffel Tower
(b) Visit a brothel
(c) Visit the Louvre
(d) Set up a lecture schedule
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Gets the last of Henry's money
(b) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(c) Gets drunk
(d) Visits a brothel again
4. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
(a) He cannot take her to the places like the Dome.
(b) The Paris he loves is only in his mind.
(c) Mona never stays long enough for him to do it.
(d) It can only be seen through loneliness and hunger.
5. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(b) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(c) Mona, his wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
2. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
3. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
5. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)