|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
(a) He tells Henry secrets about Nanantatee.
(b) He looks for loose change in the sofa.
(c) He sits on the front steps and waits for him.
(d) He raids the cabinet for food.
2. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They are used by three or four people at once.
(b) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
(c) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(d) They are crawling with bedbugs.
3. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Visits a brothel again
(b) Gets the last of Henry's money
(c) Gets drunk
(d) Signs a book deal with a publisher
4. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The smell of disinfectants
(b) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
(c) The stale smoke in the room
(d) The body odor of the Russians
5. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A newspaper publisher
(b) A pearl merchant
(c) An art critic
(d) A Hindu mystic
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
2. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
3. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)