|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has all the money.
(b) She has many lovers.
(c) She has two large brothers.
(d) She weighs over 180 pounds.
2. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
(a) He wonders why she does not send him more money.
(b) He wonders if she ever thinks about him.
(c) He wonders if they will ever be together again.
(d) He wonders if she has gotten fat.
3. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In bed
(b) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(c) In the Dome
(d) In the hotel lobby
4. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
(a) Benedetto Croce
(d) Immanuel Kant
5. What is the first thing the Hindu religious wants to do?
(a) Visit a brothel
(b) Set up a lecture schedule
(c) Climb the Eiffel Tower
(d) Visit the Louvre
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
2. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
3. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
4. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
5. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)