|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
(a) She lets Henry see her without makeup.
(b) She agrees to sleep with him.
(c) She chews his ear off about Russia.
(d) She talks about divorcing Sylvester and marrying Carl.
2. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
(a) His looking for free meals
(b) His vocabulary
(c) His style of dressing
(d) His singing
3. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(b) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
(c) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(d) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
4. Normally a slob, how does Nanantatee change after Henry moves in?
(a) He starts picking up after himself.
(b) He moves them into a fancy hotel.
(c) He hires a maid.
(d) He becomes excessively clean.
5. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
(c) A young Hindu lecturer from India
(d) Sylvester and Tania
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
2. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
3. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
4. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
5. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)