|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
(a) He gets indigestion when he eats.
(b) He becomes neurotic.
(c) He forgets about sex.
(d) He breaks out in hives.
2. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A Hindu mystic
(b) An art critic
(c) A newspaper publisher
(d) A pearl merchant
3. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) In French and German
(c) Dictating to a secretary
(d) Each one writing every other chapter
4. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
(a) He thinks they are planning to send him back to America.
(b) He thinks they are going to steal his book ideas.
(c) He thinks they are going to ask for rent.
(d) He thinks they are trying to get rid of him.
5. Who comprises the communal life with Henry?
(a) Several young expatriate American students
(b) A dormitory of university students
(c) Some crazy Russians, a Dutchman, and a Bulgarian woman nemed Olge
(d) Some dwarfs from the Cirque Medrano
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Villa Borghese, what is the Englishman doing upstairs?
2. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)