|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a good place for his allergies.
(b) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(c) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(d) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(c) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(d) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
3. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They are crawling with bedbugs.
(b) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(c) They are used by three or four people at once.
(d) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
4. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He has a glass eye.
(b) He has a crippled right hand.
(c) He is short like Moldorf.
(d) He has a club foot.
5. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
(a) Mona never stays long enough for him to do it.
(b) He cannot take her to the places like the Dome.
(c) It can only be seen through loneliness and hunger.
(d) The Paris he loves is only in his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
2. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
3. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
5. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)