|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
(a) His gutter vocabulary
(b) His philandering ways
(c) His need to write
(d) His attraction for Paris
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
3. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The smell of disinfectants
(b) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
(c) The body odor of the Russians
(d) The stale smoke in the room
4. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(b) In the hotel lobby
(c) In bed
(d) In the Dome
5. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
(a) For food and pin money
(b) Because Brosi lived himso much
(c) Because he was close to tania
(d) For Brois's connections
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
2. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
3. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
4. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
5. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)