|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Recommend them for jobs
(b) Bring them souvenirs from America
(c) Pay them when he returns
(d) Write them them every day
2. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
(a) He has a glass eye.
(b) He is short like Moldorf.
(c) He has a club foot.
(d) He has a crippled right hand.
3. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As an inept writer
(b) As a pitiful human being
(c) As a god
(d) As a great artist
4. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
(a) Because she is beautiful
(b) Because he hates Henry
(c) Because he fears Henry will say the wrong thing
(d) Because Henry needs a bath
5. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) A dollar and a half
(b) Thirty centimes
(c) A pound and six pence
(d) Fifty francs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
2. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
5. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)