|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has all the money.
(b) She has many lovers.
(c) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(d) She has two large brothers.
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(b) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(c) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(d) Sitting down to a good meal daily
3. How does Kelpi make his living?
(a) Guiding tourists to places where he gets a commission.
(b) Picking tourists' pockets.
(c) Delivering messages.
(d) Collecting bottles for recycling.
4. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The furniture
(b) The heating system
(c) The view
(d) The toilet
5. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
(a) For Brois's connections
(b) For food and pin money
(c) Because he was close to tania
(d) Because Brosi lived himso much
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
2. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
5. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)