|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like wind howling through the trees
(c) Like an out of tune organ
(d) Like divine music
2. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
(a) Kiss the boss' ass
(b) Make coffee
(c) Operate a printing press
(d) Write obituaries
3. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
(a) His need to write
(b) His philandering ways
(c) His attraction for Paris
(d) His gutter vocabulary
4. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His wallet
(b) His false teeth
(c) His toupee
(d) His gold pen
5. What does the young Hindu do before leaving Paris?
(a) Visits a brothel again
(b) Signs a book deal with a publisher
(c) Gets the last of Henry's money
(d) Gets drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
2. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
3. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
4. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)