|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe the poor people of Paris?
(a) Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel
(b) The proudest and filthiest lot of beggars on the earth
(c) The stuff that penny operas are made of
(d) A ubiquitous bestilence on the landscape
2. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) New York City
(d) San Francisco
3. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
4. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
(a) He wonders if she has gotten fat.
(b) He wonders if they will ever be together again.
(c) He wonders why she does not send him more money.
(d) He wonders if she ever thinks about him.
5. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
(a) Kiss the boss' ass
(b) Make coffee
(c) Operate a printing press
(d) Write obituaries
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
2. What is the first thing the Hindu religious wants to do?
3. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)