|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) A dollar and a half
(b) A pound and six pence
(c) Fifty francs
(d) Thirty centimes
2. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
(a) They met in New York.
(b) They met at the Dome.
(c) They met on the ship coming from America.
(d) Boris introduced them.
3. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) No one stays long enough to die.
(b) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) People in Paris only drink wine.
4. Who does Henry believe is undermining him during the last days in Villa Borghese?
(a) Fanny, Moldorf's wife
(b) Mona, his wife
(c) Tania, Sylverster's wife
(d) Elsa, the maid
5. What price is extracted from Henry for his meals at the Cronstadts?
(a) Cleaning the toilets
(b) Translating letters
(c) Reading from his manuscript
(d) Carbons and babysitting
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
2. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
3. What deformity does Henry have in his fantasy at the cinema?
4. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
5. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)