Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Henry discover that cheers him?
(b) Immanuel Kant
(c) Benedetto Croce
2. How do the commune people get money for food?
(a) The Dutchman carves wooden shoes
(b) Henry writes articles for newspapers
(c) The Russians sell blintzes
(d) Olga makes shoes
3. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
(a) Write obituaries
(b) Make coffee
(c) Operate a printing press
(d) Kiss the boss' ass
4. Why does Henry say that no one ever dies in Paris?
(a) People in Paris only drink wine.
(b) Paris never forgets imbecils.
(c) You can read the names of famous people written on walls.
(d) No one stays long enough to die.
5. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Thirty centimes
(b) A pound and six pence
(c) Fifty francs
(d) A dollar and a half
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
2. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
3. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
4. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
5. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)