|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(b) You're going to lose your job.
(c) The police are looking for you.
(d) Your favorite girl has the clap.
2. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
(a) Macha gets drunk and agrees to go to bed with Fillmore.
(b) Macha confesses that she is not a real princess.
(c) Macha refuses to leave with Fillmore.
(d) Macha goes to make a phone call and never returns.
3. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(a) Cheap prostitutes
(b) Rich women
(d) Married women
4. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(b) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
(c) They all come down with influenza.
(d) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
5. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(b) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(c) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(d) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
2. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
4. What does Van Norden call everyone?
5. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)