|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(b) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(c) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(d) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
2. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
(a) He thinks they are quite entertaining.
(b) He thinks that maybe he sould join the French Foriegn Legion.
(c) He thinks that it makes him feel safe to be in France.
(d) He thinks they are depressing and utterly ridiculous.
3. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
(a) She informs them that she is not that kind of woman.
(b) She sizes up which one has the money.
(c) She begins to try and play them against each other.
(d) She gets frightened and leaves.
4. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
(a) Macha confesses that she is not a real princess.
(b) Macha goes to make a phone call and never returns.
(c) Macha refuses to leave with Fillmore.
(d) Macha gets drunk and agrees to go to bed with Fillmore.
5. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
(a) He does more nude modeling for Swift.
(b) He pawns things Fillmore would probably not miss.
(c) Occasionally Carl comes by with a writing assignment he does not want to do himself.
(d) He sells some of the pornographic pictures he posed for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
2. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
3. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
4. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
5. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)