|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(b) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(c) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(d) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
2. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A few hundred francs
(b) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(c) A place to write
(d) The promise of a meal now and then
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(b) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(c) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(d) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
4. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(b) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(c) He pretends he is going blind.
(d) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
5. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A ten franc note
(b) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(c) A book to read
(d) Blank paper and a filled pen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
2. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
4. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)