|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
(a) He thinks they are depressing and utterly ridiculous.
(b) He thinks that it makes him feel safe to be in France.
(c) He thinks they are quite entertaining.
(d) He thinks that maybe he sould join the French Foriegn Legion.
2. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
(a) Pay them when he returns
(b) Write them them every day
(c) Recommend them for jobs
(d) Bring them souvenirs from America
3. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(b) He pretends he is going blind.
(c) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(d) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
4. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(c) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(d) Sitting down to a good meal daily
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His new book
(c) His empty stomach
(d) His good friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van Norden call everyone?
2. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
5. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)