|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(b) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
2. What does Van Norden call everyone?
3. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He is impressed with her title.
(b) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(c) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(d) He believes she will make him a duke.
4. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
(a) He wants them to see his etchings.
(b) He shows them the view of the barracks.
(c) He shows them his laundry bag with the slogan, No tickee, no washee.
(d) He asks them to suggest how he should redecorate.
5. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Write a love letter for him.
(b) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
(c) Procure virgins for him.
(d) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
2. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
3. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)