|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Norden call everyone?
2. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because of the bread in France
(b) Because his dentist is incompetent
(c) Because he lost his toothbrush
(d) Because of the water in Paris
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) You're going to lose your job.
(b) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(c) The police are looking for you.
(d) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
4. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
(a) She says, "So you're the writer."
(b) She comes to the door wearing only a filmy negligee.
(c) She looks at him imperiously and asks if he's the butler.
(d) She refuses to recognize his presence.
5. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
(a) She is a great literary agent.
(b) She has a room for rent in her house.
(c) She is the rich woman they are trying to secure for Carl.
(d) She answers her letter with money enclosed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
2. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
3. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
4. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
5. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)