|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the cinema
(b) In the Dome
(c) In the American Express office
(d) In the Tuileries
2. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
(a) He sits at the table and stares at a blank page.
(b) He goes back to sleep, sometimes not getting up before noon.
(c) He puts out pages of an old book he wrote years ago
(d) He goes for a stroll
3. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(b) He pretends he is going blind.
(c) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(d) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
4. What does Van Norden call everyone?
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His superb health
(b) His new book
(c) His good friends
(d) His empty stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
2. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
3. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
4. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
5. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)