|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because he lost his toothbrush
(b) Because of the water in Paris
(c) Because his dentist is incompetent
(d) Because of the bread in France
2. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(b) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(c) You're going to lose your job.
(d) The police are looking for you.
3. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(b) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(c) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(d) Sitting down to a good meal daily
4. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
(a) She informs them that she is not that kind of woman.
(b) She sizes up which one has the money.
(c) She begins to try and play them against each other.
(d) She gets frightened and leaves.
5. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(a) Rich women
(b) Cheap prostitutes
(d) Married women
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
2. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
3. What does Van Norden call everyone?
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
5. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)