|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) The revolving door
(b) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
(c) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
(d) All the rich Englishwomen there
2. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
(a) Vinereal diseast
3. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(b) A ten franc note
(c) Blank paper and a filled pen
(d) A book to read
4. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(b) They wear too much perfume.
(c) They charge too much for their services.
(d) Either they want money or to get married.
5. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because of the bread in France
(b) Because his dentist is incompetent
(c) Because he lost his toothbrush
(d) Because of the water in Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
2. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
3. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
4. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
5. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)