|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(b) They wear too much perfume.
(c) Either they want money or to get married.
(d) They charge too much for their services.
2. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York City
3. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because of the water in Paris
(b) Because of the bread in France
(c) Because his dentist is incompetent
(d) Because he lost his toothbrush
4. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
(a) Macha gets drunk and agrees to go to bed with Fillmore.
(b) Macha confesses that she is not a real princess.
(c) Macha goes to make a phone call and never returns.
(d) Macha refuses to leave with Fillmore.
5. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
(a) She begins to try and play them against each other.
(b) She gets frightened and leaves.
(c) She sizes up which one has the money.
(d) She informs them that she is not that kind of woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
2. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
3. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)