|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(a) Married women
(b) Rich women
(d) Cheap prostitutes
2. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
(a) He goes for a stroll
(b) He goes back to sleep, sometimes not getting up before noon.
(c) He puts out pages of an old book he wrote years ago
(d) He sits at the table and stares at a blank page.
3. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the American Express office
(b) In the Tuileries
(c) In the cinema
(d) In the Dome
4. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(b) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(c) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(d) It is a good place for his allergies.
5. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
(a) He pretends he doesn't see the bill.
(b) He makes a quick trip to the toilet.
(c) He mumbles about leaving his wallet in other pants.
(d) He pretends he is going blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
2. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
3. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)