|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He does not like the decor.
(b) He owes too much money there.
(c) He was there only last night.
(d) He is tired of going to the Dome.
2. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Pay his bar bills
(b) Stay away from his wife
(c) Write his reviews for the newspaper
(d) Send him money
3. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
(a) He shows them the view of the barracks.
(b) He shows them his laundry bag with the slogan, No tickee, no washee.
(c) He wants them to see his etchings.
(d) He asks them to suggest how he should redecorate.
4. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In the hotel lobby
(b) In the Dome
(c) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(d) In bed
5. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
(a) About six months
(b) Only a few weeks
(c) The end of the year
(d) Over a year
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
2. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
3. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
4. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
5. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)