|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He invites Henry out to dinner.
(b) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
(c) He uncorks some champagne.
(d) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
2. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
(a) He does more nude modeling for Swift.
(b) He sells some of the pornographic pictures he posed for.
(c) He pawns things Fillmore would probably not miss.
(d) Occasionally Carl comes by with a writing assignment he does not want to do himself.
3. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A few hundred francs
(b) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(c) The promise of a meal now and then
(d) A place to write
4. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because he lost his toothbrush
(b) Because his dentist is incompetent
(c) Because of the bread in France
(d) Because of the water in Paris
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His good friends
(b) His empty stomach
(c) His new book
(d) His superb health
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
2. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
3. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
4. What does Van Norden call everyone?
5. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)