|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
(b) He invites Henry out to dinner.
(c) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
(d) He uncorks some champagne.
2. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) Blank paper and a filled pen
(b) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(c) A ten franc note
(d) A book to read
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A broomstick wearing clothes
(b) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
(c) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(d) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
4. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(b) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(c) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(d) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
5. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
(a) She comes to the door wearing only a filmy negligee.
(b) She says, "So you're the writer."
(c) She refuses to recognize his presence.
(d) She looks at him imperiously and asks if he's the butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
2. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
3. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
4. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
5. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)