|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A broomstick wearing clothes
(b) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(c) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(d) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(b) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(c) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(d) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
3. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(b) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(c) He believes she will make him a duke.
(d) He is impressed with her title.
4. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) The police are looking for you.
(b) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(c) You're going to lose your job.
(d) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
5. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because his dentist is incompetent
(b) Because he lost his toothbrush
(c) Because of the bread in France
(d) Because of the water in Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
2. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
3. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
4. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)