|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Write a love letter for him.
(b) Procure virgins for him.
(c) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
(d) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
2. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
(a) Peckover died and Henry may be mentioned in his will.
(b) Peckover is getting a riase and will be able to help Henry.
(c) Peckover is fired and Henry may get the job.
(d) Peckover is transferred to Dijon and may take Henry with him.
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(b) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
4. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A ten franc note
(b) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(c) Blank paper and a filled pen
(d) A book to read
5. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
(a) Macha goes to make a phone call and never returns.
(b) Macha gets drunk and agrees to go to bed with Fillmore.
(c) Macha confesses that she is not a real princess.
(d) Macha refuses to leave with Fillmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
2. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
3. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
4. What is Marlowe's usual trick to get out of paying a bar bill?
5. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)