|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
(a) Peckover is transferred to Dijon and may take Henry with him.
(b) Peckover died and Henry may be mentioned in his will.
(c) Peckover is fired and Henry may get the job.
(d) Peckover is getting a riase and will be able to help Henry.
2. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A few hundred francs
(b) A place to write
(c) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(d) The promise of a meal now and then
3. Where does Henry brush against Walter Pach?
(a) In the Dome
(b) In the cinema
(c) In the Tuileries
(d) In the American Express office
4. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
(a) Procure virgins for him.
(b) Go with the mother of a girl he has lined up for his night off.
(c) Write a love letter for him.
(d) Teach him how to find a rich wife.
5. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
(b) He uncorks some champagne.
(c) He invites Henry out to dinner.
(d) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
2. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
5. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)