|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(d) It is a place where there is lots of space.
2. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
(a) Your favorite girl has the clap.
(b) The police are looking for you.
(c) Your apartment building is about to be condemned.
(d) You're going to lose your job.
3. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
(a) Only a few weeks
(b) About six months
(c) Over a year
(d) The end of the year
4. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because his dentist is incompetent
(b) Because of the water in Paris
(c) Because of the bread in France
(d) Because he lost his toothbrush
5. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(b) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(c) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(d) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
2. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
3. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
4. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)