|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He does not like the decor.
(b) He owes too much money there.
(c) He was there only last night.
(d) He is tired of going to the Dome.
2. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(a) Cheap prostitutes
(b) Rich women
(c) Married women
3. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Send him money
(b) Stay away from his wife
(c) Write his reviews for the newspaper
(d) Pay his bar bills
4. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because he lost his toothbrush
(b) Because of the bread in France
(c) Because of the water in Paris
(d) Because his dentist is incompetent
5. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In bed
(b) In the hotel lobby
(c) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(d) In the Dome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
2. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
5. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)