|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) Blank paper and a filled pen
(b) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(c) A book to read
(d) A ten franc note
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(b) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(c) It is a good place for his allergies.
(d) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
(a) His wallet
(b) His gold pen
(c) His toupee
(d) His false teeth
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
(a) Send him money
(b) Stay away from his wife
(c) Pay his bar bills
(d) Write his reviews for the newspaper
5. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) San Francisco
(c) New York City
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
2. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
3. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
4. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
5. What does Van Norden call everyone?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)