|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(b) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(c) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(d) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
2. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(b) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
(c) They all come down with influenza.
(d) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
3. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(b) He believes she will make him a duke.
(c) He is impressed with her title.
(d) He expects her to fall in love with him.
4. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(b) The promise of a meal now and then
(c) A few hundred francs
(d) A place to write
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
(a) His new book
(b) His good friends
(c) His empty stomach
(d) His superb health
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
2. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
3. What has Van Norden lost at the Bal Negre?
4. What does Van Norden call everyone?
5. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)