|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) Sitting down to a good meal daily
(c) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(d) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
2. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(b) A few hundred francs
(c) The promise of a meal now and then
(d) A place to write
3. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
(a) He goes back to sleep, sometimes not getting up before noon.
(b) He sits at the table and stares at a blank page.
(c) He puts out pages of an old book he wrote years ago
(d) He goes for a stroll
4. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(b) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(c) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(d) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
5. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
(a) Peckover is getting a riase and will be able to help Henry.
(b) Peckover is transferred to Dijon and may take Henry with him.
(c) Peckover died and Henry may be mentioned in his will.
(d) Peckover is fired and Henry may get the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marlowe about to go?
2. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
3. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
4. What favor does Van Norden want Henry to do for him?
5. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)