|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In the Dome
(b) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(c) In the hotel lobby
(d) In bed
2. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He owes too much money there.
(b) He does not like the decor.
(c) He is tired of going to the Dome.
(d) He was there only last night.
3. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
(b) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(c) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(d) It is a good place for his allergies.
4. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
(b) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
(c) He uncorks some champagne.
(d) He invites Henry out to dinner.
5. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
(d) Vinereal diseast
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
2. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
3. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)