One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) The promise of a meal now and then
(b) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(c) A place to write
(d) A few hundred francs
2. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
(a) They wear too much perfume.
(b) They act as though they are doing him a favor.
(c) Either they want money or to get married.
(d) They charge too much for their services.
3. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
(a) She refuses to recognize his presence.
(b) She says, "So you're the writer."
(c) She comes to the door wearing only a filmy negligee.
(d) She looks at him imperiously and asks if he's the butler.
4. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
(b) A broomstick wearing clothes
(c) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(d) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
5. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
(a) Cheap prostitutes
(c) Married women
(d) Rich women
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
2. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
3. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
4. What does Marlowe want Henry and Carl to do during his absence?
5. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)