|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Priam's title?
2. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
3. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
4. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
5. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
3. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
4. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
5. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
6. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
7. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
8. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
9. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
10. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
What was the image associated with Fate, and how did it come to play in the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)