|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antenor's occupation?
2. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
3. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
4. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
5. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
3. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
6. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
7. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
8. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
9. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
10. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)