|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
2. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
3. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
4. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
5. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
2. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
3. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
6. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
7. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
8. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
9. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
10. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)