|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
2. What is at the beginning of Book III?
3. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
4. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
5. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
2. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
3. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
4. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
5. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
6. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
7. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
8. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
9. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
10. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by that theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)