|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
2. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
3. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
4. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
5. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
2. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
3. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
4. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
5. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
6. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
7. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
8. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
9. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
10. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Troilus' rank as a knight and prince, and his occupation as a soldier affect his relationship with Criseyde, and why was that?
Essay Topic 2
How was Troilus betrayed in this book, and why was he so surprised in those instances?
Essay Topic 3
What was the image associated with Fate, and how did it come to play in the plot of the story?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)