|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
2. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
3. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
5. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
2. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
3. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
4. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
5. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
6. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
7. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
8. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
9. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
10. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Troilus betrayed in this book, and why was he so surprised in those instances?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)