|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
2. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
3. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
4. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
5. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
2. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
3. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
4. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
5. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
6. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
7. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
8. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
9. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
10. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Troilus endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of those trials, and what lessons does he learn through those experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by that theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How was Troilus betrayed in this book, and why was he so surprised in those instances?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)