|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
2. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
3. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
4. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
5. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
2. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
3. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
4. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
5. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
6. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
7. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
8. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
9. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
10. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this Poem all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how that goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)