|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
2. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
3. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
4. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
5. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
2. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
3. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
5. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
6. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
7. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
8. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
9. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
10. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Troilus' rank as a knight and prince, and his occupation as a soldier affect his relationship with Criseyde, and why was that?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by that theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)