|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
2. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
3. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
4. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
5. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
2. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
3. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
4. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
5. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
6. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
7. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
8. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
9. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
10. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
What was the image associated with Fate, and how did it come to play in the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)