|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
2. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
3. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
4. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
5. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
3. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
4. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
5. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
6. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
7. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
8. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
9. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
10. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
What was the image associated with Fate, and how did it come to play in the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this Poem all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how that goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)