|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
2. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
3. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
2. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
3. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
5. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
6. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
7. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
8. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
9. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
10. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
Essay Topic 3
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)