|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
2. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
3. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
4. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
5. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
2. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
3. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
4. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
5. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
6. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
7. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
8. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
9. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
10. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Troilus endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of those trials, and what lessons does he learn through those experiences?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)