|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
2. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
3. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
4. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
5. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
2. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
3. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
4. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
5. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
6. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
7. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
8. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
9. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
10. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why was that? How did that character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)