|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
2. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
3. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
2. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
3. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
4. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
5. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
6. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
7. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
8. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
9. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
10. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of those symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)