|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
2. Who calls for a truce in the war?
3. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
4. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
5. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
2. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
3. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
4. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
5. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
6. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
7. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
8. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
9. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
10. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by that theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this Poem all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how that goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)