|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
2. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
3. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
4. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
5. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
2. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
3. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
4. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
5. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
6. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
7. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
8. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
9. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
10. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)