|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
2. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
3. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
4. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
5. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
3. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
6. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
7. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
8. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
9. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
10. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How was Troilus betrayed in this book, and why was he so surprised in those instances?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)