|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
2. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
3. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. What is Priam's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
3. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
4. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
5. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
6. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
7. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
8. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
9. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
10. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)