|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
2. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
3. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
5. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
2. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
3. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
4. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
5. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
6. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
7. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
8. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
9. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
10. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)