|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
2. How are Priam and Troilus related?
3. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
4. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
5. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
2. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
3. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
4. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
5. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
6. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
7. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
8. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
9. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
10. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Troilus endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of those trials, and what lessons does he learn through those experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)