|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
2. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
3. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
4. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
5. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
2. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
3. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
4. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
5. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
6. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
7. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
8. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
9. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
10. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
Essay Topic 2
How did Troilus' rank as a knight and prince, and his occupation as a soldier affect his relationship with Criseyde, and why was that?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)