|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
2. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
3. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
5. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Troilus endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of those trials, and what lessons does he learn through those experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)