|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
2. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
3. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
5. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
2. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
3. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
4. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
5. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
6. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
7. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
8. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
9. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
10. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why was that? How did that character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)