Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
2. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
6. Why did Diomede want to seduce Criseyde?
7. What does Troilus plan to do when he learns of Criseyde's affair with Diomede?
8. How does the prophet Cassandra interpret Troilus's dream? How does he respond to her interpretation?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Troilus endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of those trials, and what lessons does he learn through those experiences?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)