|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
3. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
2. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
5. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
6. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
7. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
8. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
9. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
10. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
Essay Topic 2
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)