|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
2. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
3. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
4. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
2. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
3. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
4. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
5. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
6. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
7. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
8. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done on their own accord. What are some of those instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 3
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)