|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
2. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
6. Why did Diomede want to seduce Criseyde?
7. What does Troilus plan to do when he learns of Criseyde's affair with Diomede?
8. How does the prophet Cassandra interpret Troilus's dream? How does he respond to her interpretation?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this Poem all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how that goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)