|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
2. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
4. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
2. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
5. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
6. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
7. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
8. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
9. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
10. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this Poem all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how that goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)