|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
2. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
6. Why did Diomede want to seduce Criseyde?
7. What does Troilus plan to do when he learns of Criseyde's affair with Diomede?
8. How does the prophet Cassandra interpret Troilus's dream? How does he respond to her interpretation?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)