|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
2. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
3. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
4. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
2. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
3. What shows Troilus the futility of his path through life?
4. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
5. Why did Diomede want to seduce Criseyde?
6. What does Troilus plan to do when he learns of Criseyde's affair with Diomede?
7. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
8. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
9. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
10. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)