|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
2. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
3. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
4. Why does Troilus stop eating?
5. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
2. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
3. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
4. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
5. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
6. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
7. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
8. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
9. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
10. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of those symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)