|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Troilus hold?
2. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
3. How are Troilus and Hector related?
4. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
5. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
2. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
3. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
4. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
5. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
6. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
7. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
8. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
9. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
10. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
Essay Topic 2
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of those symbols?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)