|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
2. What title does Troilus hold?
3. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
4. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
5. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
2. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
3. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
4. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
5. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
6. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
7. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
8. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why was that? How did that character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances in which those themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)