|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
2. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
3. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
5. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
2. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
3. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
4. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
5. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
6. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
7. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
8. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
9. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
10. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)