|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
2. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
3. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
4. What color does Criseyde always wear?
5. Where is this poem set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
2. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
3. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
4. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
5. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
6. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
7. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
8. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
9. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
10. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
When did Chaucer directly address the reader, what did he say, and how did these instances affect the tone of the Poem?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of those symbols?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)