|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
2. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
3. What is Hector's title?
4. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
5. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
2. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
3. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
4. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
5. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
6. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
7. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
8. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
9. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
10. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)