|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
2. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
2. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
3. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
4. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
5. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
6. In her letter to Troilus, why does Criseyde not mention the reason(s) that she has not returned?
7. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
8. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
9. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
10. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances in which those themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)