|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
2. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
3. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
4. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
5. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
2. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
3. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
4. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
5. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
6. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
7. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
8. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
9. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
10. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Pandarus' plan to get Troilus and Criseyde together, and how did it pan out in the end?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places in which this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes those changes?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)