Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
2. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
6. Why did Diomede want to seduce Criseyde?
7. What does Troilus plan to do when he learns of Criseyde's affair with Diomede?
8. How does the prophet Cassandra interpret Troilus's dream? How does he respond to her interpretation?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of those symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Troilus endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of those trials, and what lessons does he learn through those experiences?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)