|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
2. What is Calkas' occupation?
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
4. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
5. What is Hector's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
2. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
3. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
6. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
7. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
8. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
9. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
10. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why was that? How did that character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Criseyde's reservations about starting a relationship with Troilus, and how were they resolved throughout the Poem?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)