|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
2. Why does Troilus stop eating?
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
5. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
2. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
3. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
4. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
5. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
6. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
7. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
8. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
9. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
10. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by that theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)