|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
2. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
3. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
5. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
2. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
3. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
6. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
7. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
8. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
9. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
10. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do those instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by that theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)