|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
2. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
3. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
4. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
5. What title does Troilus hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
2. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
3. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
4. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
5. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
6. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
7. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
8. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
9. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
10. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of those instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)