|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
2. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
3. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
4. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
5. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
2. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
3. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
6. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
7. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
8. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
9. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
10. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Troilus betrayed in this book, and why was he so surprised in those instances?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of those places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What mythological figures played roles in this Poem, and how did their inclusion in the plot affect the course of the action?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)