|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Scheming in love.
(b) Betraying his niece.
(c) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(d) Helping Troilus.
2. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
3. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He faints.
(d) He holds her.
4. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(d) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
5. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
(a) Die of love.
(b) Bear a son with Criseyde.
(c) Lose Criseyde.
(d) Win the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
2. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
3. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
4. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
5. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
2. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
3. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
4. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
5. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
6. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
7. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
8. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
9. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
10. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)