|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He cries.
(c) He faints.
(d) He holds her.
2. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her tribute.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A letter.
3. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(b) So that they can be wed.
(c) So that he can ask her to run away.
(d) So that they can agree on a plan.
4. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Thinking about Criseyde.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Keeping his promise.
5. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(b) Hearing his father's voice.
(c) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(d) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
2. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
3. What is Priam's title?
4. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
5. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
2. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
3. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
4. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
5. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
6. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
7. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
8. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
9. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
10. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)