|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
(b) Pandarus' wife.
(c) Criseyde's friends.
(d) Hector's wife.
2. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he continue to win battles.
(b) That he keep their situation secret.
(c) That he pledge his life to her.
(d) That her honor remain intact.
3. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be busy.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be in love.
(d) To be sad.
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(c) Priam is Troilus' father.
(d) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
2. Who calls for a truce in the war?
3. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
4. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
5. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
2. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
3. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
4. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
5. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
6. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
7. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
8. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
9. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
10. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)