|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She writes out a contract.
(d) She blushes and walks away.
2. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To shame him for his manipulation.
(b) To repay him for the letter.
(c) To honor his recent victory.
(d) To thank him for his protection.
3. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) Troilus tells her.
(b) Through the council's message.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) By reading it.
4. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
5. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He mumbles a chant.
(b) He says a prayer.
(c) He rehearses what he will say.
(d) He smiles widely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
2. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
3. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
4. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
5. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
2. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
3. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
4. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
5. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
6. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
7. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
8. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
9. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
10. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)