|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he had good intentions.
(b) Because he did not take money for his role.
(c) Because he did his job well.
(d) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
2. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sad.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be in love.
(d) To be busy.
3. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because it is a busy day for her.
(b) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(c) Because she does not feel well.
(d) Because it is raining.
4. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
(a) Writing to her father.
(b) Seeing Troilus.
(c) Revealing her plan to thwart the trade.
(d) Talking to Pandarus.
5. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
(a) Hector's wife.
(b) Criseyde's friends.
(c) Pandarus' wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
2. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
3. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
4. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
5. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
2. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
3. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
4. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
5. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
6. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
7. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
8. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
9. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
10. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)