|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
(b) Because he had good intentions.
(c) Because he did not take money for his role.
(d) Because he did his job well.
2. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) Some nieces.
(b) A group of servants.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her maids.
3. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
4. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
5. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A jealous lover.
(b) A child.
(c) A love-sick soldier.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Priam and Troilus related?
2. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
3. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
4. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
5. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
2. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
3. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
6. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
7. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
8. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
9. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
10. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)