|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
2. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(b) So that they can be wed.
(c) So that he can ask her to run away.
(d) So that they can agree on a plan.
3. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
4. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) Her ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) Her tribute.
5. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(a) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
2. What is Antenor's occupation?
3. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
4. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
5. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
2. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
3. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
4. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
5. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
6. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
7. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
8. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
9. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
10. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)