|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
2. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sad.
(b) To be busy.
(c) To be in love.
(d) To be sick.
3. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(b) Because Troilus is out of town.
(c) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(d) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
4. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Pandarus' house.
(b) Her room.
(c) Troilus' house.
(d) The palace.
5. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
2. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
3. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
4. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
5. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
2. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
3. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
4. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
5. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
6. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
7. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
8. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
9. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
10. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)