|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A poem.
(b) A legend.
(c) A diagram.
(d) An ode.
2. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
3. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
4. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(b) Priam is Troilus' father.
(c) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(d) They are cousins.
5. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(b) Because he trusts Troilus.
(c) Because he likes to meddle.
(d) Because he wants to feel important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
2. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
3. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
4. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
5. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
2. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
3. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
4. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
5. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
6. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
7. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
8. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
9. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
10. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)