|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(b) Because he will honor his kingdom.
(c) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(d) Because he must keep his love a secret.
2. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(d) The gods.
3. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Reveal her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Follow her.
(d) Take her away.
4. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
5. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
2. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
3. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
4. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
5. What is at the beginning of Book III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
2. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
3. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
4. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
5. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
6. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
7. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
8. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
9. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
10. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)