|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His pain.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His urgency.
(d) His suicidal thoughts.
2. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) Criseyde's house.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) His room.
3. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
4. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That her honor remain intact.
(b) That he pledge his life to her.
(c) That he keep their situation secret.
(d) That he continue to win battles.
5. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(b) Because he was requested by Hector.
(c) Because h is a prince.
(d) Because he is a military leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
2. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
3. How are Priam and Troilus related?
4. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
5. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
2. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
3. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
4. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
5. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
6. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
7. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
8. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
9. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
10. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)