|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
2. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Her room.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) The palace.
(d) Troilus' house.
3. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(b) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(c) Priam is Troilus' father.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A letter.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) Her tribute.
5. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
2. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
3. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
5. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
2. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
3. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
5. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
6. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
7. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
8. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
9. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
10. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)