|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
2. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A letter.
(b) An ode.
(c) A synopsis.
(d) A poem.
3. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Betraying his niece.
(b) Scheming in love.
(c) Helping Troilus.
(d) Ignoring his gut feelings.
4. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sick.
(b) To be sad.
(c) To be in love.
(d) To be busy.
5. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is in a daze.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
2. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
3. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
4. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
5. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
3. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
4. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
5. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
6. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
7. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
8. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
9. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
10. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)