|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Moors.
2. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Thinking about Criseyde.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Saving his money.
3. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Helping Troilus.
(b) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(c) Betraying his niece.
(d) Scheming in love.
5. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
2. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
3. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
4. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
5. How are Priam and Troilus related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
2. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
3. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
5. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
6. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
7. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
8. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
9. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
10. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)