|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) Cries out.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
2. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
3. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Moors.
4. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Suffer through a real sickness.
(b) Fight another war.
(d) Be locked in prison.
5. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(b) Troilus and Criseyde.
(c) The Sirens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
2. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
3. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
4. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
5. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
2. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
3. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
4. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
5. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
6. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
7. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
8. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
9. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
10. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)