|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(b) Helping Troilus.
(c) Scheming in love.
(d) Betraying his niece.
2. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
3. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A letter.
(b) An ode.
(c) A poem.
(d) A synopsis.
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Cries out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
2. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
3. What is at the beginning of Book III?
4. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
5. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troilus pretend to do while at the dinner party at his brother's house?
2. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
3. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
4. What causes Criseyde to get upset with Troilus while they are together at Pandarus' house?
5. What was Criseyde's first plan to thwart the trade of herself to the Greeks?
6. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
7. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
8. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
9. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
10. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)