|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antenor's occupation?
2. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Portia and Apollo.
(b) Hera and Hermes.
(c) Venus and Cupid.
(d) Zeus and Aphrodite.
3. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A towel.
(c) Her dressing gown.
(d) Her veil.
4. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A jealous lover.
(b) A husband.
(c) A child.
(d) A love-sick soldier.
5. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
(a) A jousting tournament.
(b) Troilus and Criseyde making love.
(c) A storm.
(d) A battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
2. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
3. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
4. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
5. What is at the beginning of Book III?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
3. Why does Calkas want to trade Antenor for Criseyde?
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
5. What does Criseyde promise Troilus while they are at the dinner party?
6. What happens when Troilus and Criseyde meet before the trade takes place?
7. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
8. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
9. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
10. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)