|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Moors.
2. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His pain.
(c) His urgency.
(d) His suicidal thoughts.
3. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her tribute.
(b) A letter.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A lock of her hair.
4. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A husband.
(b) A child.
(c) A jealous lover.
(d) A love-sick soldier.
5. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She writes out a contract.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She blushes and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antenor's occupation?
2. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
3. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
4. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
5. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pandarus begin to feel shameful about his actions?
2. How does Pandarus get Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
3. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
4. What is Criseyde's question and Troilus' response to same following his fainting spell?
5. Why does Troilus curse the sun?
6. What does Chaucer ask for guidance with in Book III?
7. What did Criseyde say that she would have done had Troilus really killed himself?
8. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
9. How does Criseyde feel about her father, and why?
10. How does Pandarus try to cheer up Troilus upon first learning of the pending trade?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)