|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Speaking poorly.
(b) Being lovestruck.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Getting drunk.
4. What is Hector's title?
5. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
3. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
5. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Troilus plan to do after hearing the prophet Cassandra's interpretation of his dream?
2. Why did Troilus never get to fulfill his desire after learning about Criseyde's affair?
3. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
4. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
5. What does Criseyde say when Troilus writes a second time asking when she will return to him?
6. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
7. How does Troilus calm Pandarus when the latter begins to feel ashamed?
8. What does Pandarus secretly help Troilus and Criseyde do after their first night together?
9. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
10. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)