|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Stop helping her father.
(b) Shun her.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Take away his blessing.
2. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The enemy.
(b) His siblings.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) The ladies.
3. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A short story.
(b) A novel.
(c) A history.
(d) A poem.
4. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He sees her name on a house.
(b) He says a prayer.
(c) He asks a priest.
(d) He checks the horoscope.
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
(a) His mistakes with women.
(b) His educated status.
(c) His past.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Troilus hold?
2. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
3. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
4. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
2. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
3. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
4. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
5. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
6. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
7. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
8. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
9. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
10. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)