|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she finds him to act juvenile.
(b) That she has never heard of him.
(c) That he is worthy of praise.
(d) That he will never be as great as Hector.
2. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A short story.
(b) A history.
(c) A poem.
(d) A novel.
3. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
4. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(a) An unknown knight.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her late husband.
5. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Criseyde always wear?
2. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
3. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
4. What is Calkas' occupation?
5. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
2. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
3. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
4. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
5. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
6. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
7. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
8. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
9. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
10. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)