|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being poorly dressed.
(c) Speaking poorly.
(d) Being lovestruck.
2. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
3. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) She has a missing child.
(c) She is marked a traitor.
(d) She is a student.
5. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His children.
(b) The characters.
(c) The reader.
(d) His ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
2. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
3. Where was Hector wounded?
4. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
5. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
2. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
3. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
4. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
5. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
6. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
7. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
8. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
9. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
10. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)