|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With smiles and frowns.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) With notes in a book.
2. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has missed his company.
(b) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(c) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(d) Because she has news of her father.
3. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A Wedding.
(b) A day of feast.
(c) The Trojan War.
(d) A horrible famine.
4. What is Hector's title?
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
2. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
3. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
4. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
5. Who finds Troilus crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
2. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
3. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
4. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
5. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
6. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
7. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
8. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
9. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
10. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)