|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Making a cup of tea.
(b) Writing her history.
(c) Painting a landscape.
(d) Reading a poem.
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(b) Because he mocks love.
(c) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(d) Because he does not pray.
3. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are second cousins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are half-brothers.
4. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) The characters.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) The reader.
(d) His children.
5. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A palace.
(b) A temple.
(c) A garden.
(d) A tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
4. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
2. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
3. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
6. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
7. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
8. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
9. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
10. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)