|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
2. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
3. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) She has a missing child.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She is marked a traitor.
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Speaking poorly.
(b) Being lovestruck.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Getting drunk.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(b) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(c) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
2. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
3. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
4. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
5. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
2. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
3. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
4. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
5. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
6. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
7. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
8. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
9. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
10. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)