|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With notes in a book.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) With smiles and frowns.
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
3. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Being unkind.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Rising above love.
4. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she finds him to act juvenile.
(b) That he is worthy of praise.
(c) That she has never heard of him.
(d) That he will never be as great as Hector.
5. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends to be sick.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pays a fee.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Criseyde always wear?
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
3. What title does Troilus hold?
4. Why does Troilus stop eating?
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
2. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
3. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
4. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
5. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
6. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
7. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
8. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
9. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
10. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)