|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Troilus crying?
2. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
4. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
5. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(a) Her late husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) An unknown knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
3. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
5. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
2. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
3. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
4. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
5. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
6. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
7. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
8. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
9. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
10. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)