|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(b) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(c) He falls in love with her instantly.
(d) He hardly notices her.
2. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
3. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
4. Who finds Troilus crying?
5. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) The reader.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) His children.
(d) The characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hector's title?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
3. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
4. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
5. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
2. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
3. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
4. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
5. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
6. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
7. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
8. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
9. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
10. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)