|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
3. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Making a cup of tea.
(b) Reading a poem.
(c) Writing her history.
(d) Painting a landscape.
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Speaking poorly.
(b) Being poorly dressed.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Being lovestruck.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(b) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(c) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(d) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
4. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
5. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
2. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
3. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
4. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
5. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
6. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
7. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
8. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
9. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
10. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)