|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The ladies.
(b) Younger knights.
(c) The enemy.
(d) His siblings.
2. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) The return of her father.
(c) A pardon for her treason charges.
(d) A new love interest.
3. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her godfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is a family friend.
4. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(b) Because he mocks love.
(c) Because he does not pray.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
5. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A growing adventure.
(b) An internal adventure.
(c) A war adventure.
(d) A love adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
4. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
5. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
2. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
3. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
4. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
5. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
6. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
7. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
8. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
9. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
10. What two things does Criseyde think about after Pandarus leaves her house?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)