|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(b) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(c) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(d) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
2. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are second cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
3. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
4. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Shun her.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Stop helping her father.
(d) Take away his blessing.
5. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Troilus hold?
2. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
3. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
5. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
2. What of Diomede's is taken as a trophy of war for Troy?
3. Why does Hector oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
4. What does Pandarus make Troilus promise when Troilus eases his guilt?
5. What leads Troilus to consider suicide?
6. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
7. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
8. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
9. What does Criseyde say to Troilus as she leaves him for the trade?
10. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)