|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is lovesick.
(b) Because he is part of a ritual.
(c) Because he is conserving food.
(d) Because he is fasting.
2. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her godfather.
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(b) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(c) He falls in love with her instantly.
(d) He hardly notices her.
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Her noble stature.
(d) Her grace.
5. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
2. What color does Criseyde always wear?
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
5. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Troilus find out about Criseyde's affair with Diomede?
2. How is Pandarus able to convince Troilus to speak with Criseyde before the trade takes place?
3. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
4. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
5. Why does Troilus not oppose the trade of Criseyde for Antenor?
6. What excuse does Troilus give for believing the rumors about Criseyde's unfaithfulness?
7. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
8. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
9. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
10. What does Criseyde say when Troilus writes a second time asking when she will return to him?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)