|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her noble stature.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Her grace.
(d) Her beauty.
2. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(b) Those who have seen men die.
(c) Those who are patient and content.
(d) Those who have loved and lost.
3. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His sickness.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His shameful father.
(d) His feelings for Criseyde.
4. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The man whom she she will wed.
(b) Her savior.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) The most courageous knight.
5. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That he is worthy of praise.
(b) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(c) That she has never heard of him.
(d) That she finds him to act juvenile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
4. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
2. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
3. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
4. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
5. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
6. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
7. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
8. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
9. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
10. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)