|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) That he would help him get his love.
(c) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(d) That he would be gentle and discreet.
2. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Broaden her horizons.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Follow his instructions.
(d) Be happy.
4. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is lovesick.
(b) Because he is part of a ritual.
(c) Because he is fasting.
(d) Because he is conserving food.
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(a) A foreign dignitary.
(c) Two ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
2. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
3. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
4. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
5. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
2. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
3. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
4. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
5. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
6. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
7. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
8. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
9. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
10. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)