|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is conserving food.
(b) Because he is lovesick.
(c) Because he is part of a ritual.
(d) Because he is fasting.
2. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(c) Go insane.
(d) Join a seminary.
3. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A love adventure.
(b) A war adventure.
(c) A growing adventure.
(d) An internal adventure.
4. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
5. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
2. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
3. What is Hector's title?
4. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
5. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
2. What advice does Pandarus give Troilus after hearing how serious his love sickness is? How does Troilus respond?
3. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
4. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
5. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
6. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
7. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
8. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
9. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
10. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)