|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(b) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(c) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(d) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
2. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
3. Who finds Troilus crying?
4. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Painting a landscape.
(b) Making a cup of tea.
(c) Writing her history.
(d) Reading a poem.
5. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Take away his blessing.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Shun her.
(d) Stop helping her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
2. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
3. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
5. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
2. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
3. How does Antigone affect Criseyde's decision about Troilus?
4. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
5. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
6. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
7. According to Chaucer, how does Fortune generally work with men?
8. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
9. What does Pandarus say Troilus should do before opting for death?
10. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)