|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
2. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
3. What color does Criseyde always wear?
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her noble stature.
(b) Her grace.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her beauty.
5. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With smiles and frowns.
(b) With hand signals.
(c) With crosses and marks.
(d) With notes in a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
2. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
3. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
5. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
2. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
3. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
4. How does Troilus respond to his first letter from Crisedye?
5. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
6. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
7. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
8. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
9. How did Troilus feel about love before he was struck with love for Criseyde?
10. What does Crisedye decide to do about poor Troilus and his love for her?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)