|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) Bad luck.
3. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) The characters.
(c) The reader.
(d) His children.
4. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(c) Because he does not pray.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
5. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
2. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
3. Where was Hector wounded?
4. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
5. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
2. What does Pandarus say when he hears who Troilus loves?
3. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
4. What does Criseyde think about when she sees Troilus for the first time following Pandarus' visit?
5. How did Troilus fall in love with Criseyde?
6. In the introduction, how does Chaucer say that the book will end?
7. Why does Criseyde debate showing her feelings to Troilus?
8. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
9. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
10. What does Troilus do after talking with Pandarus?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)