|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
2. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(b) Two ladies.
(d) A foreign dignitary.
5. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(b) That he would help him get his love.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) That he would be gentle and discreet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
2. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
3. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
4. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
5. What color does Criseyde always wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chaucer say is his intent in writing this story?
2. Why does Troilus say that he must always keep his love for Criseyde a secret?
3. What does Chaucer say about Criseyde's first sight of Troilus?
4. How does Criseyde respond to the second meeting that she has with Pandarus?
5. What does Pandarus lecture Troilus about when he hears that Troilus is in love?
6. What is Pandarus' second scheme to bring Criseyde and Troilus together?
7. What does Pandarus say to Criseyde about Troilus when she asks about him?
8. What does the cry through the city after Pandarus' visit signal?
9. What does Pandarus tell Troilus to do after he returns from his visit with Criseyde?
10. What is Fortune according to Chaucer?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)