|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For taking so many people to dinner.
(b) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(c) For treating Troilus badly.
(d) For not saying her prayers.
2. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To honor his recent victory.
(b) To repay him for the letter.
(c) To thank him for his protection.
(d) To shame him for his manipulation.
3. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(b) Hearing his father's voice.
(c) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(d) Seeing Criseyde upset.
4. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
5. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
6. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That her honor remain intact.
(b) That he keep their situation secret.
(c) That he pledge his life to her.
(d) That he continue to win battles.
7. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Be locked in prison.
(d) Suffer through a real sickness.
8. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) Through the council's message.
(b) By reading it.
(c) Troilus tells her.
(d) By word of mouth.
9. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Betraying his niece.
(b) Scheming in love.
(c) Helping Troilus.
(d) Ignoring his gut feelings.
10. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(b) Because it is a busy day for her.
(c) Because it is raining.
(d) Because she does not feel well.
11. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
12. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(a) Troilus and Criseyde.
(d) The Sirens.
13. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(b) Because h is a prince.
(c) Because he is a military leader.
(d) Because he was requested by Hector.
14. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
15. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Cries out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
2. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
3. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
4. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
5. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)