|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Explaining his feelings.
(b) Forgetting his woes.
(c) Honoring love.
(d) Utilizing language.
2. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Thinking about Criseyde.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Saving his money.
3. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Moors.
4. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Romans.
5. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Portia and Apollo.
(b) Hera and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(d) Venus and Cupid.
6. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Troilus' house.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) Her room.
(d) The palace.
7. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A treaty is to be written.
(b) A surrender is to be made.
(c) A banquet is to be held.
(d) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
8. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
9. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His suicidal thoughts.
(c) His urgency.
(d) His pain.
10. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
11. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She blushes and walks away.
(b) She embraces him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She writes out a contract.
12. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He holds her.
(d) He vomits.
13. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
14. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
15. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(d) Priam is Troilus' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
2. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
3. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
4. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
5. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)