|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
2. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
3. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For not saying her prayers.
(b) For treating Troilus badly.
(c) For taking so many people to dinner.
(d) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
6. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
(a) Kneels to him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Yells at him.
7. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
8. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
9. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(b) Because he was requested by Hector.
(c) Because he is a military leader.
(d) Because h is a prince.
10. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) Criseyde's house.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) His room.
(d) Pandarus' house.
11. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) Some nieces.
(b) A group of servants.
(c) Her maids.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
12. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not feel well.
(b) Because it is raining.
(c) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(d) Because it is a busy day for her.
13. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Romans.
14. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
15. What is Antenor's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
2. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
3. What is at the beginning of Book III?
4. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
5. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)