|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
(a) A towel.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Her veil.
(d) Her dressing gown.
2. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A diagram.
(b) A poem.
(c) A legend.
(d) An ode.
3. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A child.
(b) A love-sick soldier.
(c) A husband.
(d) A jealous lover.
4. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
5. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 10 days.
6. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he likes to meddle.
(b) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(c) Because he wants to feel important.
(d) Because he trusts Troilus.
7. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not feel well.
(b) Because it is raining.
(c) Because it is a busy day for her.
(d) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
8. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Kneels to him.
9. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Honoring love.
(b) Forgetting his woes.
(c) Explaining his feelings.
(d) Utilizing language.
10. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
(d) They are brothers.
11. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
12. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Venus and Cupid.
(b) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(c) Hera and Hermes.
(d) Portia and Apollo.
13. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
14. What is Priam's title?
15. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) Pandarus' house.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) His room.
(d) Criseyde's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
2. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
3. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
4. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
5. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)