|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Troilus' house.
(b) The palace.
(c) Her room.
(d) Pandarus' house.
2. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he must keep his love a secret.
(b) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(c) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(d) Because he will honor his kingdom.
3. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Priam is Troilus' father.
(d) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
4. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
5. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Venus and Cupid.
(b) Portia and Apollo.
(c) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(d) Hera and Hermes.
6. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
7. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he likes to meddle.
(b) Because he wants to feel important.
(c) Because he trusts Troilus.
(d) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
8. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(b) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(c) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(d) Because Troilus is out of town.
9. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
(a) Talking to Pandarus.
(b) Revealing her plan to thwart the trade.
(c) Seeing Troilus.
(d) Writing to her father.
10. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A poem.
(b) An ode.
(c) A synopsis.
(d) A letter.
11. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A banquet is to be held.
(b) A surrender is to be made.
(c) A treaty is to be written.
(d) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
12. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(a) The Sirens.
(d) Troilus and Criseyde.
13. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
14. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
15. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Reveal her.
(c) Follow her.
(d) Take her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
2. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
3. What is Priam's title?
4. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
5. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)