|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To change her name.
(b) To disguise her as someone else.
(c) To have Troilus run away with her.
(d) To marry her to Troilus.
2. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) An ode.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A synopsis.
3. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Sings to him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Kneels to him.
4. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
5. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Fight another war.
(c) Suffer through a real sickness.
(d) Be locked in prison.
6. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A jealous lover.
(b) A child.
(c) A husband.
(d) A love-sick soldier.
7. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
(a) Die of love.
(b) Lose Criseyde.
(c) Win the war.
(d) Bear a son with Criseyde.
8. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
9. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
(a) Troilus and Criseyde making love.
(b) A jousting tournament.
(c) A battle.
(d) A storm.
10. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He holds her.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He faints.
11. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can agree on a plan.
(b) So that he can ask her to run away.
(c) So that they can be wed.
(d) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
12. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
13. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is a military leader.
(b) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(c) Because he was requested by Hector.
(d) Because h is a prince.
14. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he keep their situation secret.
(b) That he pledge his life to her.
(c) That her honor remain intact.
(d) That he continue to win battles.
15. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To shame him for his manipulation.
(b) To thank him for his protection.
(c) To honor his recent victory.
(d) To repay him for the letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
2. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
3. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
4. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
5. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)