|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
2. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Forgetting his woes.
(b) Explaining his feelings.
(c) Honoring love.
(d) Utilizing language.
3. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) The garden.
(b) His room.
(c) Criseyde's house.
(d) A temple.
4. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is in a daze.
(d) She is afraid.
5. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
6. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 40 days.
7. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His pain.
(c) His suicidal thoughts.
(d) His urgency.
8. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he is trying to save her.
(b) Because he is a traitor.
(c) Because he could ruin her.
(d) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
9. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
10. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
11. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
(b) A surrender is to be made.
(c) A banquet is to be held.
(d) A treaty is to be written.
12. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
13. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Greeks.
14. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) Pandarus' house.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) Criseyde's house.
(d) His room.
15. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She is confused by him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
2. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
3. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
4. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
5. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)