|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Utilizing language.
(b) Explaining his feelings.
(c) Forgetting his woes.
(d) Honoring love.
2. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Kneels to him.
3. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He faints.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He holds her.
(d) He cries.
4. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(b) So that they can be wed.
(c) So that he can ask her to run away.
(d) So that they can agree on a plan.
5. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sad.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be in love.
(d) To be busy.
6. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To marry her to Troilus.
(b) To disguise her as someone else.
(c) To change her name.
(d) To have Troilus run away with her.
7. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Follow her.
(b) Take her away.
(c) Reveal her.
(d) Marry her.
8. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he had good intentions.
(b) Because he did not take money for his role.
(c) Because he did his job well.
(d) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
9. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is confused by him.
10. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) Cries out.
(b) Kisses him.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
11. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is in a daze.
(d) She is angry.
12. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
(a) Seeing Troilus.
(b) Revealing her plan to thwart the trade.
(c) Writing to her father.
(d) Talking to Pandarus.
13. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(b) The gods.
14. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
15. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
(a) By moving in with Pandarus.
(b) By running away with Troilus.
(c) By offering herself instead.
(d) By starving herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
2. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
3. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
4. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
5. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)