|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To repay him for the letter.
(b) To honor his recent victory.
(c) To shame him for his manipulation.
(d) To thank him for his protection.
2. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A letter.
(b) An ode.
(c) A synopsis.
(d) A poem.
3. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A poem.
(b) An ode.
(c) A legend.
(d) A diagram.
4. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
5. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
6. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Troilus' house.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) The palace.
(d) Her room.
7. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(b) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(c) Hearing his father's voice.
(d) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
8. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
9. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Reveal her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Follow her.
(d) Take her away.
10. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he was requested by Hector.
(b) Because h is a prince.
(c) Because he is a military leader.
(d) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
11. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Keeping his promise.
(b) Saving his money.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Thinking about Criseyde.
12. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
13. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Romans.
14. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is confused by him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She loves him.
15. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
2. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
3. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
4. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
5. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)