|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Suffer through a real sickness.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Be locked in prison.
2. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
(a) Troilus and Criseyde making love.
(b) A jousting tournament.
(c) A storm.
(d) A battle.
3. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
(a) By running away with Troilus.
(b) By moving in with Pandarus.
(c) By offering herself instead.
(d) By starving herself.
4. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Her dressing gown.
(c) Her veil.
(d) A towel.
5. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(b) Because he is a military leader.
(c) Because he was requested by Hector.
(d) Because h is a prince.
6. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
(a) Lose Criseyde.
(b) Die of love.
(c) Win the war.
(d) Bear a son with Criseyde.
7. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he likes to meddle.
(b) Because he wants to feel important.
(c) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(d) Because he trusts Troilus.
8. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
(a) Her future and her heart.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) To live with her.
(d) To be her servant in love.
9. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To marry her to Troilus.
(b) To change her name.
(c) To have Troilus run away with her.
(d) To disguise her as someone else.
10. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
11. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A letter.
(b) A synopsis.
(c) An ode.
(d) A poem.
12. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
13. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For treating Troilus badly.
(b) For taking so many people to dinner.
(c) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(d) For not saying her prayers.
14. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Utilizing language.
(b) Forgetting his woes.
(c) Explaining his feelings.
(d) Honoring love.
15. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That her honor remain intact.
(b) That he pledge his life to her.
(c) That he continue to win battles.
(d) That he keep their situation secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
2. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
3. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
4. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
5. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)