|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) A group of servants.
(b) Some nieces.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her maids.
2. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She writes out a contract.
(b) She blushes and walks away.
(c) She embraces him.
(d) She kisses him.
3. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He mumbles a chant.
(b) He smiles widely.
(c) He rehearses what he will say.
(d) He says a prayer.
4. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
5. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A child.
(b) A love-sick soldier.
(c) A jealous lover.
(d) A husband.
6. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
(a) Hector's wife.
(b) Criseyde's friends.
(d) Pandarus' wife.
7. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His suicidal thoughts.
(b) His pain.
(c) His urgency.
(d) His jealousy.
8. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Explaining his feelings.
(b) Utilizing language.
(c) Honoring love.
(d) Forgetting his woes.
9. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A synopsis.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) An ode.
10. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
(a) Win the war.
(b) Die of love.
(c) Lose Criseyde.
(d) Bear a son with Criseyde.
11. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because it is a busy day for her.
(b) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(c) Because she does not feel well.
(d) Because it is raining.
12. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Portia and Apollo.
(b) Venus and Cupid.
(c) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(d) Hera and Hermes.
13. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he did not take money for his role.
(b) Because he did his job well.
(c) Because he had good intentions.
(d) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
14. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
15. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he pledge his life to her.
(b) That he continue to win battles.
(c) That her honor remain intact.
(d) That he keep their situation secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
2. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
3. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
4. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
5. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)