|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because it is raining.
(b) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(c) Because she does not feel well.
(d) Because it is a busy day for her.
2. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
3. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
4. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That her honor remain intact.
(b) That he continue to win battles.
(c) That he keep their situation secret.
(d) That he pledge his life to her.
5. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(a) The gods.
6. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
7. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Utilizing language.
(b) Forgetting his woes.
(c) Honoring love.
(d) Explaining his feelings.
8. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(b) For not saying her prayers.
(c) For taking so many people to dinner.
(d) For treating Troilus badly.
9. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
(a) Revealing her plan to thwart the trade.
(b) Talking to Pandarus.
(c) Seeing Troilus.
(d) Writing to her father.
10. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Cries out.
11. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Take her away.
(b) Reveal her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Follow her.
12. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To change her name.
(b) To disguise her as someone else.
(c) To marry her to Troilus.
(d) To have Troilus run away with her.
13. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he likes to meddle.
(b) Because he trusts Troilus.
(c) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(d) Because he wants to feel important.
14. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 40 days.
15. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
(a) A towel.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Her veil.
(d) Her dressing gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
2. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
3. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
4. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
5. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)