|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(b) Because Troilus is out of town.
(c) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(d) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
2. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His suicidal thoughts.
(b) His pain.
(c) His urgency.
(d) His jealousy.
3. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) A temple.
(b) His room.
(c) The garden.
(d) Criseyde's house.
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
(b) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
6. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To marry her to Troilus.
(b) To change her name.
(c) To have Troilus run away with her.
(d) To disguise her as someone else.
7. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A synopsis.
(b) A letter.
(c) An ode.
(d) A poem.
8. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He smiles widely.
(c) He mumbles a chant.
(d) He rehearses what he will say.
9. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he could ruin her.
(b) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
(c) Because he is a traitor.
(d) Because he is trying to save her.
10. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(b) Fight another war.
(c) Be locked in prison.
(d) Suffer through a real sickness.
11. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
12. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be in love.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be busy.
(d) To be sad.
13. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he wants to feel important.
(b) Because he trusts Troilus.
(c) Because he likes to meddle.
(d) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
14. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Romans.
15. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Fighting the Greeks.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Saving his money.
(d) Thinking about Criseyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
2. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
3. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
4. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
5. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)