|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Thinking about Criseyde.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Saving his money.
2. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
3. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
4. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His pain.
(b) His suicidal thoughts.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His urgency.
5. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(b) For not saying her prayers.
(c) For taking so many people to dinner.
(d) For treating Troilus badly.
6. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Helping Troilus.
(b) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(c) Betraying his niece.
(d) Scheming in love.
7. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Thinking about Criseyde.
(c) Keeping his promise.
(d) Fighting the Greeks.
8. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(b) Suffer through a real sickness.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Be locked in prison.
9. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
(a) Her veil.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Her dressing gown.
(d) A towel.
10. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
11. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can be wed.
(b) So that he can ask her to run away.
(c) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(d) So that they can agree on a plan.
12. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
13. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is confused by him.
(d) She loves him.
14. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
15. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he did not take money for his role.
(b) Because he did his job well.
(c) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
(d) Because he had good intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
2. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
3. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)