|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Reveal her.
(b) Take her away.
(c) Follow her.
(d) Marry her.
2. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
3. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(a) The Sirens.
(d) Troilus and Criseyde.
4. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) His room.
(b) The garden.
(c) A temple.
(d) Criseyde's house.
5. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
6. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Pandarus' house.
(b) The palace.
(c) Her room.
(d) Troilus' house.
7. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(b) Hearing his father's voice.
(c) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(d) Seeing Criseyde upset.
8. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Cries out.
9. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Scheming in love.
(b) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(c) Helping Troilus.
(d) Betraying his niece.
10. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not feel well.
(b) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(c) Because it is a busy day for her.
(d) Because it is raining.
11. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Trojans.
12. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Fighting the Greeks.
(c) Thinking about Criseyde.
(d) Keeping his promise.
13. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
14. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He smiles widely.
(b) He rehearses what he will say.
(c) He mumbles a chant.
(d) He says a prayer.
15. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
2. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
3. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
4. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
5. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)