|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
2. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His urgency.
(b) His pain.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His suicidal thoughts.
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he is trying to save her.
(b) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
(c) Because he is a traitor.
(d) Because he could ruin her.
4. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To have Troilus run away with her.
(b) To marry her to Troilus.
(c) To disguise her as someone else.
(d) To change her name.
5. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
6. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A legend.
(b) A poem.
(c) An ode.
(d) A diagram.
7. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(a) The gods.
8. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Greeks.
9. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
10. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) The garden.
(b) Criseyde's house.
(c) His room.
(d) A temple.
11. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(a) Troilus and Criseyde.
(b) The Sirens.
12. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Romans.
13. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Her room.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) Troilus' house.
(d) The palace.
14. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
15. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A surrender is to be made.
(b) A banquet is to be held.
(c) A treaty is to be written.
(d) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
2. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
3. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
4. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
5. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)