|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) A temple.
(b) His room.
(c) The garden.
(d) Criseyde's house.
2. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
(a) By stating that he is lonely.
(b) By stating thatTroilus will be there soon.
(c) By stating that his servant is ill.
(d) By stating that the weather is not suitable for travel.
3. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he keep their situation secret.
(b) That he pledge his life to her.
(c) That her honor remain intact.
(d) That he continue to win battles.
4. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
5. What is Antenor's occupation?
6. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Fighting the Greeks.
(c) Thinking about Criseyde.
(d) Keeping his promise.
7. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
8. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
9. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He holds her.
10. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(b) Because he must keep his love a secret.
(c) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(d) Because he will honor his kingdom.
11. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(b) Because he wants to feel important.
(c) Because he likes to meddle.
(d) Because he trusts Troilus.
12. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Utilizing language.
(b) Honoring love.
(c) Forgetting his woes.
(d) Explaining his feelings.
13. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He mumbles a chant.
(b) He says a prayer.
(c) He smiles widely.
(d) He rehearses what he will say.
14. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
15. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
(a) By starving herself.
(b) By offering herself instead.
(c) By moving in with Pandarus.
(d) By running away with Troilus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
2. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
3. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
4. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
5. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)