|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he continue to win battles.
(b) That her honor remain intact.
(c) That he keep their situation secret.
(d) That he pledge his life to her.
2. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
(a) Seeing Troilus.
(b) Revealing her plan to thwart the trade.
(c) Talking to Pandarus.
(d) Writing to her father.
3. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
4. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For taking so many people to dinner.
(b) For treating Troilus badly.
(c) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(d) For not saying her prayers.
5. What is Priam's title?
6. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
(a) By offering herself instead.
(b) By starving herself.
(c) By moving in with Pandarus.
(d) By running away with Troilus.
7. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(b) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(c) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(d) Hearing his father's voice.
8. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
9. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
(a) Her veil.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Her dressing gown.
(d) A towel.
10. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(b) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(c) Because he must keep his love a secret.
(d) Because he will honor his kingdom.
11. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
12. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because Troilus is out of town.
(b) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(c) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(d) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
13. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(b) So that they can be wed.
(c) So that he can ask her to run away.
(d) So that they can agree on a plan.
14. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
(a) By stating that his servant is ill.
(b) By stating that he is lonely.
(c) By stating thatTroilus will be there soon.
(d) By stating that the weather is not suitable for travel.
15. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He holds her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
2. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
3. What is at the beginning of Book III?
4. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
5. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)