|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) By reading it.
(b) Through the council's message.
(c) Troilus tells her.
(d) By word of mouth.
2. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) The garden.
(b) Criseyde's house.
(c) His room.
(d) A temple.
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
(b) Because he is trying to save her.
(c) Because he is a traitor.
(d) Because he could ruin her.
4. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She blushes and walks away.
(b) She writes out a contract.
(c) She embraces him.
(d) She kisses him.
5. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(b) Hera and Hermes.
(c) Portia and Apollo.
(d) Venus and Cupid.
6. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(b) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(c) Because Troilus is out of town.
(d) Because she trusts Pandarus.
7. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A surrender is to be made.
(b) A treaty is to be written.
(c) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
(d) A banquet is to be held.
8. What is Antenor's occupation?
9. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
10. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because it is raining.
(b) Because she does not feel well.
(c) Because it is a busy day for her.
(d) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
11. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is in a daze.
12. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Romans.
13. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(b) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(c) Hearing his father's voice.
(d) Seeing Criseyde upset.
14. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) Cries out.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Kisses him.
15. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
2. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
3. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
4. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
5. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)