|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(c) The Sirens.
(d) Troilus and Criseyde.
2. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
(a) To be her servant in love.
(b) To live with her.
(c) Her hand in marriage.
(d) Her future and her heart.
3. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
4. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Suffer through a real sickness.
(b) Be locked in prison.
(c) Fight another war.
5. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
(a) By stating that his servant is ill.
(b) By stating that the weather is not suitable for travel.
(c) By stating that he is lonely.
(d) By stating thatTroilus will be there soon.
6. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
(a) A battle.
(b) A jousting tournament.
(c) A storm.
(d) Troilus and Criseyde making love.
7. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To have Troilus run away with her.
(b) To marry her to Troilus.
(c) To change her name.
(d) To disguise her as someone else.
8. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Hearing his father's voice.
(b) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(c) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(d) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
9. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sad.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be busy.
(d) To be in love.
10. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) A letter.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) Her tribute.
(d) Her ring.
11. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Portia and Apollo.
(b) Hera and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(d) Venus and Cupid.
12. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He smiles widely.
(b) He mumbles a chant.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He rehearses what he will say.
13. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For not saying her prayers.
(b) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(c) For taking so many people to dinner.
(d) For treating Troilus badly.
14. What does Criseyde do as she nears Troilus for the first time?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Kneels to him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Sings to him.
15. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) The garden.
(b) His room.
(c) A temple.
(d) Criseyde's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
2. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
3. What is Antenor's occupation?
4. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
5. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)