|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her tribute.
(b) Her ring.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A letter.
2. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
3. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She blushes and walks away.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She writes out a contract.
4. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
5. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) A temple.
(b) The garden.
(c) Criseyde's house.
(d) His room.
6. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sad.
(b) To be in love.
(c) To be sick.
(d) To be busy.
7. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He smiles widely.
(b) He rehearses what he will say.
(c) He mumbles a chant.
(d) He says a prayer.
8. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is confused by him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
9. What is Priam's title?
10. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
11. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
(a) By stating thatTroilus will be there soon.
(b) By stating that the weather is not suitable for travel.
(c) By stating that his servant is ill.
(d) By stating that he is lonely.
12. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
13. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) Criseyde's house.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) His room.
(d) The graveyard.
14. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
15. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
Short Answer Questions
1. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
2. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
3. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
4. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
5. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)