|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) His room.
(b) Criseyde's house.
(c) Pandarus' house.
(d) The graveyard.
2. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(b) For not saying her prayers.
(c) For treating Troilus badly.
(d) For taking so many people to dinner.
3. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That her honor remain intact.
(b) That he continue to win battles.
(c) That he keep their situation secret.
(d) That he pledge his life to her.
4. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 20 days.
5. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A husband.
(b) A jealous lover.
(c) A love-sick soldier.
(d) A child.
6. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Helping Troilus.
(b) Scheming in love.
(c) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(d) Betraying his niece.
7. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To thank him for his protection.
(b) To repay him for the letter.
(c) To honor his recent victory.
(d) To shame him for his manipulation.
8. What is Antenor's occupation?
9. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She is confused by him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She loves him.
10. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A surrender is to be made.
(b) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
(c) A treaty is to be written.
(d) A banquet is to be held.
11. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
(a) Win the war.
(b) Bear a son with Criseyde.
(c) Die of love.
(d) Lose Criseyde.
12. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
13. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
14. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
15. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Suffer through a real sickness.
(b) Be locked in prison.
(d) Fight another war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
2. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
3. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
4. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
5. Who calls for a truce in the war?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)