|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Trojans.
2. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(b) So that they can agree on a plan.
(c) So that they can be wed.
(d) So that he can ask her to run away.
3. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he must keep his love a secret.
(b) Because he will honor his kingdom.
(c) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(d) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
4. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) Through the council's message.
(b) By reading it.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) Troilus tells her.
5. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To honor his recent victory.
(b) To thank him for his protection.
(c) To repay him for the letter.
(d) To shame him for his manipulation.
6. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he wants to feel important.
(b) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(c) Because he trusts Troilus.
(d) Because he likes to meddle.
7. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
8. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A banquet is to be held.
(b) A treaty is to be written.
(c) A surrender is to be made.
(d) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
9. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
(a) Writing to her father.
(b) Talking to Pandarus.
(c) Revealing her plan to thwart the trade.
(d) Seeing Troilus.
10. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
11. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Thinking about Criseyde.
12. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Cries out.
13. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
14. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He rehearses what he will say.
(b) He smiles widely.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He mumbles a chant.
15. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(d) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
2. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
3. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
4. What is at the beginning of Book III?
5. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)