|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) An ode.
(b) A letter.
(c) A synopsis.
(d) A poem.
2. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
3. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because it is a busy day for her.
(b) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(c) Because she does not feel well.
(d) Because it is raining.
4. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
5. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) His room.
(b) Pandarus' house.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) Criseyde's house.
6. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
(a) By moving in with Pandarus.
(b) By running away with Troilus.
(c) By offering herself instead.
(d) By starving herself.
7. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
8. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
9. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(a) Troilus and Criseyde.
(c) The Sirens.
10. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Some nieces.
(c) Her maids.
(d) A group of servants.
11. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is in a daze.
12. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(b) Betraying his niece.
(c) Helping Troilus.
(d) Scheming in love.
13. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
14. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To change her name.
(b) To have Troilus run away with her.
(c) To disguise her as someone else.
(d) To marry her to Troilus.
15. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
2. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
3. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
4. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
5. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)