|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His pain.
(b) His urgency.
(c) His suicidal thoughts.
(d) His jealousy.
2. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
3. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(c) Priam is Troilus' father.
(d) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is confused by him.
(d) She loves him.
5. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
(b) The Sirens.
(c) Troilus and Criseyde.
6. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(b) Because Troilus is out of town.
(c) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(d) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
7. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he did his job well.
(b) Because he had good intentions.
(c) Because he did not take money for his role.
(d) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
8. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he continue to win battles.
(b) That he keep their situation secret.
(c) That he pledge his life to her.
(d) That her honor remain intact.
9. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
10. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Portia and Apollo.
(b) Hera and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(d) Venus and Cupid.
11. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He holds her.
(b) He faints.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He cries.
12. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She writes out a contract.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She blushes and walks away.
13. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A letter.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) Her tribute.
14. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
(a) Lose Criseyde.
(b) Win the war.
(c) Bear a son with Criseyde.
(d) Die of love.
15. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To marry her to Troilus.
(b) To have Troilus run away with her.
(c) To change her name.
(d) To disguise her as someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the beginning of Book III?
2. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
3. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
4. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
5. What is Antenor's occupation?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)