|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
(a) To give him what he wants.
(b) To explain her situation.
(c) To have pity on him.
(d) To be honest with him.
2. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Greeks.
3. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(b) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(c) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(d) Because Troilus is out of town.
4. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(b) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(c) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(d) Hearing his father's voice.
5. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) Troilus tells her.
(b) Through the council's message.
(c) By reading it.
(d) By word of mouth.
6. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
7. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
(b) So that he can ask her to run away.
(c) So that they can be wed.
(d) So that they can agree on a plan.
8. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He holds her.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He faints.
9. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
10. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Thinking about Criseyde.
11. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) Some nieces.
(b) A group of servants.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her maids.
12. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(b) Because he is a military leader.
(c) Because h is a prince.
(d) Because he was requested by Hector.
13. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
(a) Utilizing language.
(b) Explaining his feelings.
(c) Honoring love.
(d) Forgetting his woes.
14. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(c) The gods.
15. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he pledge his life to her.
(b) That he continue to win battles.
(c) That her honor remain intact.
(d) That he keep their situation secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
2. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
3. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
4. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
5. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)