|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Romans.
2. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is confused by him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
3. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not feel well.
(b) Because it is raining.
(c) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(d) Because it is a busy day for her.
4. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A diagram.
(b) A poem.
(c) An ode.
(d) A legend.
5. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
6. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His pain.
(b) His urgency.
(c) His suicidal thoughts.
(d) His jealousy.
7. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(b) Because h is a prince.
(c) Because he is a military leader.
(d) Because he was requested by Hector.
8. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
(a) Hector's wife.
(b) Pandarus' wife.
(d) Criseyde's friends.
9. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) The garden.
(b) Criseyde's house.
(c) His room.
(d) A temple.
10. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Scheming in love.
(b) Helping Troilus.
(c) Betraying his niece.
(d) Ignoring his gut feelings.
11. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Thinking about Criseyde.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Saving his money.
(d) Fighting the Greeks.
12. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A banquet is to be held.
(b) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
(c) A surrender is to be made.
(d) A treaty is to be written.
13. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is in a daze.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is excited.
14. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be sad.
(b) To be busy.
(c) To be sick.
(d) To be in love.
15. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he could ruin her.
(b) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
(c) Because he is a traitor.
(d) Because he is trying to save her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
2. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
3. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
4. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
5. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)