|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Venus and Cupid.
(b) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(c) Hera and Hermes.
(d) Portia and Apollo.
2. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
3. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
4. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(b) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(c) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(d) Hearing his father's voice.
5. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not feel well.
(b) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(c) Because it is a busy day for her.
(d) Because it is raining.
6. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Follow her.
(c) Reveal her.
(d) Take her away.
7. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For taking so many people to dinner.
(b) For not saying her prayers.
(c) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(d) For treating Troilus badly.
8. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Scheming in love.
(b) Betraying his niece.
(c) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(d) Helping Troilus.
9. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be in love.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be sad.
(d) To be busy.
10. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
11. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
(a) A storm.
(b) A jousting tournament.
(c) A battle.
(d) Troilus and Criseyde making love.
12. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
(a) Her future and her heart.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) To be her servant in love.
(d) To live with her.
13. Why does Pandarus want to arrange a last meeting between Troilus and Criseyde?
(a) So that he can ask her to run away.
(b) So that they can agree on a plan.
(c) So that they can be wed.
(d) So that they can bid farewell to each other.
14. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is confused by him.
(d) She loves him.
15. What is Priam's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
2. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
3. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
4. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
5. Who calls for a truce in the war?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)