|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who have loved and lost.
(b) Those who are patient and content.
(c) Those who have seen men die.
(d) Those who are bitter and estranged.
2. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(b) Because he mocks love.
(c) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(d) Because he does not pray.
4. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
5. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
6. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With notes in a book.
(b) With hand signals.
(c) With crosses and marks.
(d) With smiles and frowns.
7. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
8. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
9. What color does Criseyde always wear?
10. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(b) An unknown knight.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her late husband.
11. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Judgement for Troilus.
(b) Hostility toward Calkas.
(c) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(d) Impatience for Pandarus.
12. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
(a) That he is short.
(b) That he is a womanizer.
(c) That he is too judgmental.
(d) That he has no sympathy.
13. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
14. What is Hector's title?
15. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
(d) His loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
2. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
3. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
5. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)