|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(b) He has important information for them.
(c) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(d) He has always been a spy for them.
2. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(b) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(c) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(d) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
3. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A palace.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A garden.
(d) A temple.
4. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
5. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He asks a priest.
(b) He sees her name on a house.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He checks the horoscope.
6. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His foot.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
7. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) Her dowry.
(b) His loyalty.
(d) His status.
8. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Good fortune.
9. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being poorly dressed.
(c) Being lovestruck.
(d) Speaking poorly.
10. Where is this poem set?
11. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
12. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Her grace.
(c) Her noble stature.
(d) Her beauty.
13. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) His students.
(c) His children.
(d) The reader.
14. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) She is poor.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) Her father has left her.
15. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
2. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
4. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)