|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Stop helping her father.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Take away his blessing.
(d) Shun her.
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His desire to end the war.
(b) His hatred for the Greeks.
(c) His brother's example.
(d) His love for Criseyde.
3. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Hostility toward Calkas.
(b) Impatience for Pandarus.
(c) Judgement for Troilus.
(d) Curiosity about Criseyde.
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A horrible famine.
(b) The Trojan War.
(c) A day of feast.
(d) A Wedding.
5. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(b) That he would help him get his love.
(c) That he would be gentle and discreet.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
6. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
7. What color does Criseyde always wear?
8. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(a) Join a seminary.
(d) Go insane.
9. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Rising above love.
(c) Being unkind.
(d) Wearing black.
10. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(b) Good fortune.
(c) Bad luck.
11. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(b) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(c) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(d) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
12. Who finds Troilus crying?
13. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) His secret.
(b) His blessing.
(c) Her father's legacy.
(d) Her new suitor.
14. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He checks the horoscope.
(c) He asks a priest.
(d) He sees her name on a house.
15. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By leaving the city.
(b) By giving him a kind word.
(c) By seeing him.
(d) By writing to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
2. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
3. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
4. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
5. What is Hector's title?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)