|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(b) Two ladies.
(d) A foreign dignitary.
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A siren.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A muse.
3. Where is this poem set?
4. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To believe his words.
(b) To accept the story as it is.
(c) To personalize the story.
(d) To loverlook his weakness.
5. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he does not pray.
(b) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(c) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(d) Because he mocks love.
6. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The most courageous knight.
(b) Her savior.
(c) The man whom she she will wed.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
7. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The enemy.
(b) The ladies.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) His siblings.
8. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(c) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(d) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
9. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
10. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
11. What is Hector's title?
12. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
13. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They think she is a traitor.
(b) They want to punish her father.
(c) They are afraid of her power.
(d) They want her father to return.
14. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
(b) He condemns his house.
(c) He confuses his sense.
(d) He shoots an arrow at him.
15. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
5. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)