|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Calkas' occupation?
2. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Follow his instructions.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Forget the past.
(d) Broaden her horizons.
4. Where is this poem set?
5. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(b) Join a seminary.
(c) Go insane.
6. What color does Criseyde always wear?
7. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A Wedding.
(b) A day of feast.
(c) A horrible famine.
(d) The Trojan War.
8. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is a student.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She has a missing child.
(d) She is marked a traitor.
9. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is lovesick.
(b) Because he is fasting.
(c) Because he is part of a ritual.
(d) Because he is conserving food.
10. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) His siblings.
(b) The ladies.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) The enemy.
11. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(c) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
12. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has news of her father.
(b) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(c) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(d) Because she has missed his company.
13. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
14. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Rising above love.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Being unkind.
15. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
2. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
3. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
4. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)