|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) A new love interest.
(b) The end of the siege.
(c) The return of her father.
(d) A pardon for her treason charges.
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To accept the story as it is.
(b) To personalize the story.
(c) To loverlook his weakness.
(d) To believe his words.
3. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(b) A foreign dignitary.
(d) Two ladies.
4. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By giving him a kind word.
(d) By leaving the city.
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) The reader.
(c) His children.
(d) His students.
6. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Writing her history.
(b) Reading a poem.
(c) Making a cup of tea.
(d) Painting a landscape.
7. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are second cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
8. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) Her father has left her.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
9. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He sees her name on a house.
(b) He checks the horoscope.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He asks a priest.
10. What is Calkas' occupation?
11. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
12. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Pandarus would have rebuked her.
(c) Troilus would have shunned her.
(d) Hector would have withdrawn his protection.
13. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With notes in a book.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) With smiles and frowns.
14. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
15. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Troilus crying?
2. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
3. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
4. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)