|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That he is too judgmental.
(c) That he has no sympathy.
(d) That he is short.
2. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A growing adventure.
(b) A war adventure.
(c) A love adventure.
(d) An internal adventure.
3. Who finds Troilus crying?
4. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) His students.
(c) His children.
(d) The reader.
5. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because he mocks love.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
6. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A horrible famine.
(b) A Wedding.
(c) The Trojan War.
(d) A day of feast.
7. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With hand signals.
(c) With smiles and frowns.
(d) With notes in a book.
8. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Stop helping her father.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Take away his blessing.
(d) Shun her.
9. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) Her dowry.
(d) His status.
10. What title does Troilus hold?
11. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(a) Her late husband.
(b) Her father.
(d) An unknown knight.
12. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in pain.
(b) Anyone who has gone to war.
(c) Anyone who has been lonely.
(d) Anyone who has been in love.
13. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
14. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
15. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) She is poor.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Her father has left her.
(d) She is a widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hector's title?
2. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)