|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By leaving the city.
(d) By giving him a kind word.
2. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
3. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) Her dowry.
(c) His status.
(d) His loyalty.
4. What is Calkas' occupation?
5. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
6. Who finds Troilus crying?
7. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She has a missing child.
(b) She is a student.
(c) She is marked a traitor.
(d) She is a widow.
8. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With smiles and frowns.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) With notes in a book.
9. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pays a fee.
(b) He pretends to be sick.
(c) He reads a poem.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
10. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(c) Because he does not pray.
(d) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
11. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A horrible famine.
(b) The Trojan War.
(c) A day of feast.
(d) A Wedding.
12. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
13. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she has never heard of him.
(b) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(c) That he is worthy of praise.
(d) That she finds him to act juvenile.
14. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The most courageous knight.
(b) The man whom she she will wed.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her savior.
15. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His students.
(b) The characters.
(c) The reader.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
2. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
4. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)