|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With hand signals.
(c) With notes in a book.
(d) With smiles and frowns.
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A muse.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A siren.
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(c) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(a) Two ladies.
(b) A foreign dignitary.
6. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Wearing black.
(c) Rising above love.
(d) Being unkind.
7. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The ladies.
(b) The enemy.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) His siblings.
8. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
9. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Follow his instructions.
(c) Broaden her horizons.
(d) Forget the past.
10. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His desire to end the war.
(b) His hatred for the Greeks.
(c) His love for Criseyde.
(d) His brother's example.
11. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To personalize the story.
(b) To accept the story as it is.
(c) To loverlook his weakness.
(d) To believe his words.
12. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
13. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His shameful father.
(d) His sickness.
14. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) An internal adventure.
(b) A love adventure.
(c) A war adventure.
(d) A growing adventure.
15. What title does Troilus hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
2. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
3. Where was Hector wounded?
4. What is Hector's title?
5. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)