|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
2. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A short story.
(b) A novel.
(c) A poem.
(d) A history.
3. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) A pardon for her treason charges.
(c) The return of her father.
(d) A new love interest.
4. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in pain.
(b) Anyone who has been in love.
(c) Anyone who has been lonely.
(d) Anyone who has gone to war.
5. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
6. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
7. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The man whom she she will wed.
(b) Her savior.
(c) The most courageous knight.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
8. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
9. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) Her new suitor.
(b) His secret.
(c) Her father's legacy.
(d) His blessing.
10. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
11. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He confuses his sense.
(b) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
(c) He shoots an arrow at him.
(d) He condemns his house.
12. What title does Troilus hold?
13. What is Calkas' occupation?
14. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Reading a poem.
(b) Making a cup of tea.
(c) Writing her history.
(d) Painting a landscape.
15. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) Her dowry.
(b) His status.
(d) His loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
3. Why does Troilus stop eating?
4. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
5. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)