|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His shameful father.
(d) His sickness.
2. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He asks a priest.
(b) He says a prayer.
(c) He sees her name on a house.
(d) He checks the horoscope.
3. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(b) A foreign dignitary.
(c) Two ladies.
4. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A siren.
(c) A muse.
(d) A nymph.
5. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Reading a poem.
(b) Making a cup of tea.
(c) Painting a landscape.
(d) Writing her history.
6. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) Her father's legacy.
(b) His secret.
(c) Her new suitor.
(d) His blessing.
7. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) A new love interest.
(b) A pardon for her treason charges.
(c) The return of her father.
(d) The end of the siege.
8. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
9. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They are afraid of her power.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They want her father to return.
(d) They want to punish her father.
10. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(b) Go insane.
(c) Join a seminary.
11. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He condemns his house.
(b) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
(c) He shoots an arrow at him.
(d) He confuses his sense.
12. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(b) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(c) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(d) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
13. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Forget the past.
(b) Broaden her horizons.
(c) Follow his instructions.
(d) Be happy.
14. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A love adventure.
(b) A growing adventure.
(c) An internal adventure.
(d) A war adventure.
15. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
2. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
3. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
4. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
5. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)