|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) His siblings.
(b) The enemy.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) The ladies.
2. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
3. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Making a cup of tea.
(b) Writing her history.
(c) Reading a poem.
(d) Painting a landscape.
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) Bad luck.
5. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
6. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
7. What is Calkas' occupation?
8. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He hardly notices her.
(b) He falls in love with her instantly.
(c) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(d) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
9. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By seeing him.
(b) By writing to him.
(c) By leaving the city.
(d) By giving him a kind word.
10. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A history.
(c) A novel.
(d) A short story.
11. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A horrible famine.
(b) A Wedding.
(c) A day of feast.
(d) The Trojan War.
12. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(c) Join a seminary.
(d) Go insane.
13. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
14. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) His blessing.
(b) Her new suitor.
(c) Her father's legacy.
(d) His secret.
15. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His hatred for the Greeks.
(b) His desire to end the war.
(c) His love for Criseyde.
(d) His brother's example.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
4. What is Hector's title?
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)