|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(b) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(c) Because she has news of her father.
(d) Because she has missed his company.
2. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A love adventure.
(b) An internal adventure.
(c) A war adventure.
(d) A growing adventure.
4. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
5. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would help him get his love.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(d) That he would be gentle and discreet.
6. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(b) He has always been a spy for them.
(c) He has important information for them.
(d) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
7. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He hardly notices her.
(b) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(c) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(d) He falls in love with her instantly.
8. What is Hector's title?
9. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is conserving food.
(b) Because he is part of a ritual.
(c) Because he is fasting.
(d) Because he is lovesick.
10. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(b) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(c) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
11. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
12. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His alliance with the Greeks.
(d) His shameful father.
13. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(a) Go insane.
(c) Join a seminary.
14. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Making a cup of tea.
(b) Painting a landscape.
(c) Writing her history.
(d) Reading a poem.
15. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being lovestruck.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Speaking poorly.
(d) Being poorly dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
2. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
3. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
4. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
5. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)