|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
2. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(b) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(c) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(d) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
3. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pays a fee.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pretends to be sick.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
4. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she finds him to act juvenile.
(b) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(c) That she has never heard of him.
(d) That he is worthy of praise.
5. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His children.
(b) The characters.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) The reader.
6. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Being unkind.
(b) Staying indoors.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Rising above love.
7. Where is this poem set?
8. What title does Troilus hold?
9. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Making a cup of tea.
(b) Reading a poem.
(c) Writing her history.
(d) Painting a landscape.
10. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He hardly notices her.
(b) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(c) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(d) He falls in love with her instantly.
11. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
(a) That he is too judgmental.
(b) That he is short.
(c) That he has no sympathy.
(d) That he is a womanizer.
12. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(b) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(c) He has important information for them.
(d) He has always been a spy for them.
13. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
14. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A temple.
(b) A palace.
(c) A garden.
(d) A tavern.
15. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
(a) He meditates.
(b) He reads a psalm.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) He checks the horoscope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
2. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
3. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
4. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
5. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)