|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
2. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He asks a priest.
(c) He sees her name on a house.
(d) He checks the horoscope.
3. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) The return of her father.
(c) A new love interest.
(d) A pardon for her treason charges.
4. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
5. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) His blessing.
(b) His secret.
(c) Her father's legacy.
(d) Her new suitor.
6. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His students.
(b) The reader.
(c) The characters.
(d) His children.
7. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
8. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) She has a missing child.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She is marked a traitor.
9. What is Calkas' occupation?
10. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) Younger knights.
(b) The enemy.
(c) The ladies.
(d) His siblings.
11. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A love adventure.
(b) A war adventure.
(c) A growing adventure.
(d) An internal adventure.
12. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Rising above love.
(b) Staying indoors.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Being unkind.
13. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By giving him a kind word.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By writing to him.
(d) By leaving the city.
14. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want to punish her father.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They are afraid of her power.
(d) They want her father to return.
15. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A temple.
(b) A garden.
(c) A palace.
(d) A tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
2. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
3. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
5. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)