|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
2. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His students.
(b) The characters.
(c) His children.
(d) The reader.
4. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is lovesick.
(b) Because he is conserving food.
(c) Because he is part of a ritual.
(d) Because he is fasting.
5. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(b) He hardly notices her.
(c) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(d) He falls in love with her instantly.
6. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
7. What color does Criseyde always wear?
8. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) Her father's legacy.
(b) His secret.
(c) His blessing.
(d) Her new suitor.
9. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is marked a traitor.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She has a missing child.
10. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By leaving the city.
(c) By seeing him.
(d) By giving him a kind word.
11. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) He reads a psalm.
(c) He checks the horoscope.
(d) He meditates.
12. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) His siblings.
(b) Younger knights.
(c) The ladies.
(d) The enemy.
13. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) The characters.
(b) His children.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) The reader.
14. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
15. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A temple.
(b) A palace.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
2. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
3. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)