|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hector's title?
2. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has missed his company.
(b) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(c) Because she has news of her father.
(d) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
3. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) That he would be gentle and discreet.
(c) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(d) That he would help him get his love.
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being lovestruck.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Speaking poorly.
(d) Being poorly dressed.
5. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Wearing black.
(c) Rising above love.
(d) Being unkind.
6. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want her father to return.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They are afraid of her power.
(d) They want to punish her father.
7. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends to be sick.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pays a fee.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
8. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) His secret.
(b) Her new suitor.
(c) His blessing.
(d) Her father's legacy.
9. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With hand signals.
(c) With notes in a book.
(d) With smiles and frowns.
10. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Stop helping her father.
(c) Take away his blessing.
(d) Shun her.
11. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is conserving food.
(b) Because he is fasting.
(c) Because he is part of a ritual.
(d) Because he is lovesick.
12. What color does Criseyde always wear?
13. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
14. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(b) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(c) Because he does not pray.
(d) Because he mocks love.
15. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The return of her father.
(b) The end of the siege.
(c) A new love interest.
(d) A pardon for her treason charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
2. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
5. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)