|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
2. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(b) Because she has missed his company.
(c) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(d) Because she has news of her father.
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He checks the horoscope.
(c) He sees her name on a house.
(d) He asks a priest.
4. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To accept the story as it is.
(b) To believe his words.
(c) To personalize the story.
(d) To loverlook his weakness.
6. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
7. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
8. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
9. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
10. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
11. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
12. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends he has important work to do.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pays a fee.
(d) He pretends to be sick.
13. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A novel.
(c) A short story.
(d) A history.
14. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(b) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(c) He has important information for them.
(d) He has always been a spy for them.
15. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
2. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
3. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
4. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
5. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)