|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cassandra?
(a) A handmaiden.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A prophet.
2. What does Troilus do when Criseyde does not return as she had promised?
(a) He prays to Cupid.
(b) He goes on a hunger fast.
(c) He fights more valiantly in battle.
(d) He writes to her.
3. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
4. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Pandarus' house.
(b) Her room.
(c) Troilus' house.
(d) The palace.
5. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That her honor remain intact.
(b) That he pledge his life to her.
(c) That he keep their situation secret.
(d) That he continue to win battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
2. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
3. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
4. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
5. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)