|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has gone to war.
(b) Anyone who has been in pain.
(c) Anyone who has been in love.
(d) Anyone who has been lonely.
2. Where does Troilus wait when he returns from Sarpedoun's house?
(a) The Greek camp.
(b) The temple.
(c) The palace.
(d) The gate.
3. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) His children.
(c) The reader.
(d) The characters.
4. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(b) For not saying her prayers.
(c) For treating Troilus badly.
(d) For taking so many people to dinner.
5. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His status.
(b) His loyalty.
(d) Her dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
2. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
3. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
4. How does Troilus describe the words in his last letter from Criseyde?
5. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)