|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Saving his money.
(b) Keeping his promise.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Thinking about Criseyde.
2. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. Why does Troilus not do what he wants to when Criseyde is traded?
(a) Because he has to keep his promise.
(b) Because he knows that it would sadden her.
(c) Because he fears for her safety.
(d) Because he trusts that Criseyde will return.
4. What does Diomede tell Criseyde that he has never done before?
(a) Seen such a beauty as her.
(b) Offered his devotion to a woman.
(c) Lost a battle.
(d) Betrayed his country.
5. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he did his job well.
(b) Because he had good intentions.
(c) Because he did not take money for his role.
(d) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
4. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
5. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)