|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who have loved and lost.
(b) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(c) Those who are patient and content.
(d) Those who have seen men die.
2. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A diagram.
(b) A legend.
(c) A poem.
(d) An ode.
3. How long does Troilus stay at Sarpedoun's house?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 1 month.
4. Why does Criseyde not hear most of what Diomede says to her after the trade?
(a) Because she is plotting her escape.
(b) Because she is in shock.
(c) Because she is too weary.
(d) Because she does not understand his accent.
5. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Hearing his father's voice.
(b) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(c) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(d) Seeing Criseyde leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
2. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
3. Who rides with Criseyde when she is traded?
4. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
5. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)