|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
(a) That he continue to win battles.
(b) That her honor remain intact.
(c) That he pledge his life to her.
(d) That he keep their situation secret.
2. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
(b) A surrender is to be made.
(c) A banquet is to be held.
(d) A treaty is to be written.
3. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) A pardon for her treason charges.
(b) The end of the siege.
(c) A new love interest.
(d) The return of her father.
4. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is fasting.
(b) Because he is lovesick.
(c) Because he is conserving food.
(d) Because he is part of a ritual.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(b) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(c) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(d) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
2. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
3. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
5. What does Diomede tell Criseyde that he has never done before?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)