|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Troilus deliver a long speech to Pandarus?
(a) A temple.
(b) His room.
(c) The garden.
(d) Criseyde's house.
2. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her grace.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her noble stature.
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is confused by him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
2. Why does Diomede state that Trojan knights are doomed to die?
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)