|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
2. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Take her away.
(b) Reveal her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Follow her.
3. Why does Diomede state that Trojan knights are doomed to die?
(a) Because of their dwindling numbers.
(b) Because of Priam's fear.
(c) Because of Calkas's prophecy.
(d) Because of their poor fighting skills.
4. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By giving him a kind word.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By writing to him.
(d) By leaving the city.
5. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the beginning of Book III?
2. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
3. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. Why does Troilus not do what he wants to when Criseyde is traded?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)