|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Romans.
2. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(b) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(c) Because Troilus is out of town.
(d) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
3. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be in love.
(b) To be sad.
(c) To be busy.
(d) To be sick.
4. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
5. What time is Criseyde to be traded?
(b) Last light.
(c) First light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
3. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
4. What deepens Troilus's anxiety when he returns from Sarpedoun's house?
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)