|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Hostility toward Calkas.
(b) Judgement for Troilus.
(c) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(d) Impatience for Pandarus.
2. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(b) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(c) Because she has missed his company.
(d) Because she has news of her father.
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He falls in love with her instantly.
(b) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(c) He hardly notices her.
(d) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
4. What excuse(s) did Troilus give for the absense of Criseyde on the tenth day following the trade?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) He did not count the days correctly.
(c) Her father asked her to eat dinner before returning.
(d) She is waiting for dark before returning.
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To believe his words.
(b) To accept the story as it is.
(c) To personalize the story.
(d) To loverlook his weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
2. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
3. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
4. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
5. Why does Troilus not do what he wants to when Criseyde is traded?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)