|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A short story.
(b) A history.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem.
2. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
(a) Because h is a prince.
(b) Because he was requested by Hector.
(c) Because he is replacing a fallen member.
(d) Because he is a military leader.
3. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he trusts Troilus.
(b) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(c) Because he likes to meddle.
(d) Because he wants to feel important.
4. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(b) Because she has news of her father.
(c) Because she has missed his company.
(d) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
5. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she finds him to act juvenile.
(b) That she has never heard of him.
(c) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(d) That he is worthy of praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
2. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
3. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
4. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
5. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)