|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) Some nieces.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) A group of servants.
(d) Her maids.
2. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By giving him a kind word.
(c) By seeing him.
(d) By leaving the city.
3. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(b) Because she has missed his company.
(c) Because she has news of her father.
(d) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
4. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To change her name.
(b) To marry her to Troilus.
(c) To disguise her as someone else.
(d) To have Troilus run away with her.
5. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He smiles widely.
(b) He mumbles a chant.
(c) He rehearses what he will say.
(d) He says a prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
2. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
3. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
4. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
5. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)