|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends to be sick.
(b) He pays a fee.
(c) He reads a poem.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
2. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
(a) To disguise her as someone else.
(b) To have Troilus run away with her.
(c) To change her name.
(d) To marry her to Troilus.
3. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
5. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
2. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
3. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
4. What does Criseyde think will make her feel worse after hearing about the trade?
5. What is Hector's title?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)