|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want to punish her father.
(b) They are afraid of her power.
(c) They want her father to return.
(d) They think she is a traitor.
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His children.
(b) His students.
(c) The reader.
(d) The characters.
3. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
4. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
2. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
3. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
4. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
5. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)