|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He hardly notices her.
(b) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(c) He falls in love with her instantly.
(d) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
3. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(b) Those who are patient and content.
(c) Those who have loved and lost.
(d) Those who have seen men die.
4. How does Criseyde feel about her father?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is confused by him.
5. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
(a) By stating that the weather is not suitable for travel.
(b) By stating thatTroilus will be there soon.
(c) By stating that he is lonely.
(d) By stating that his servant is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
2. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
3. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
4. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
5. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)