|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Speaking poorly.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Being lovestruck.
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A muse.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
3. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His shameful father.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His feelings for Criseyde.
(d) His sickness.
4. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are second cousins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are half-brothers.
5. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Cries out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hector's title?
2. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
3. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
4. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
5. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)