|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His leg.
(d) His head.
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His children.
(b) His students.
(c) The characters.
(d) The reader.
3. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Rising above love.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Being unkind.
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(b) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
5. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A novel.
(b) A poem.
(c) A short story.
(d) A history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
2. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
3. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
4. Who comforts Troilus after the meeting focusing on the ransoms?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)