|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he is trying to save her.
(b) Because he is a traitor.
(c) Because he could ruin her.
(d) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
2. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her noble stature.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her grace.
5. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(d) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
2. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
3. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
4. Where was Hector wounded?
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)