|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her noble stature.
(c) Her grace.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
2. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Thinking about Criseyde.
(b) Saving his money.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Keeping his promise.
3. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(b) His loyalty.
(c) His status.
(d) Her dowry.
4. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His foot.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
5. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in pain.
(b) Anyone who has been in love.
(c) Anyone who has gone to war.
(d) Anyone who has been lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
2. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
4. Who finds Troilus crying?
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)