|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By giving him a kind word.
(b) By writing to him.
(c) By seeing him.
(d) By leaving the city.
2. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Reveal her.
(c) Follow her.
(d) Take her away.
3. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
4. Who takes Antenor prisoner?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Judgement for Troilus.
(b) Hostility toward Calkas.
(c) Impatience for Pandarus.
(d) Curiosity about Criseyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
2. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
3. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
4. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
5. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)