|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His hatred for the Greeks.
(b) His love for Criseyde.
(c) His brother's example.
(d) His desire to end the war.
2. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are half-brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are second cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
3. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Judgement for Troilus.
(b) Impatience for Pandarus.
(c) Hostility toward Calkas.
(d) Curiosity about Criseyde.
4. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(a) The gods.
5. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want to punish her father.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They are afraid of her power.
(d) They want her father to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
2. Why does Troilus stop eating?
3. How long does Criseyde say that she needs to come up with a plan to escape from the Greeks?
4. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
5. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)