|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Hearing his father's voice.
(b) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(c) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
(d) Seeing Criseyde upset.
2. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he trusts Troilus.
(b) Because he likes to meddle.
(c) Because he wants to feel important.
(d) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
3. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in love.
(b) Anyone who has been lonely.
(c) Anyone who has gone to war.
(d) Anyone who has been in pain.
4. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(b) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(c) Because Troilus is out of town.
(d) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
5. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(d) Priam is Troilus' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
3. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
4. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
5. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)