|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
2. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For treating Troilus badly.
(b) For not saying her prayers.
(c) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(d) For taking so many people to dinner.
3. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A letter.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) Her tribute.
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
(d) His loyalty.
5. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) A poem.
(b) An ode.
(c) A synopsis.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
2. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
3. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
4. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
5. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)