|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Troilus crying?
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(d) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
3. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(a) A foreign dignitary.
(b) Two ladies.
4. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are patient and content.
(b) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(c) Those who have seen men die.
(d) Those who have loved and lost.
5. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Speaking poorly.
(b) Being lovestruck.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Being poorly dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Troilus hold?
2. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
3. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
4. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
5. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)