|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By leaving the city.
(d) By giving him a kind word.
2. What is Hector's title?
3. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) Through the council's message.
(b) By reading it.
(c) By word of mouth.
(d) Troilus tells her.
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A Wedding.
(b) A day of feast.
(c) The Trojan War.
(d) A horrible famine.
5. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she finds him to act juvenile.
(b) That he is worthy of praise.
(c) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(d) That she has never heard of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. What is Antenor's occupation?
4. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)