|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her grace.
(d) Her noble stature.
2. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been lonely.
(b) Anyone who has been in love.
(c) Anyone who has gone to war.
(d) Anyone who has been in pain.
3. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) Her tribute.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A letter.
4. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
5. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he does not pray.
(b) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(c) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(d) Because he mocks love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
2. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
4. What does Troilus think he was destined to do?
5. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)