|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
2. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Take away his blessing.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Stop helping her father.
(d) Shun her.
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he is trying to save her.
(b) Because he could ruin her.
(c) Because he is a traitor.
(d) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
4. How does Criseyde hear about the prisoner trade?
(a) By reading it.
(b) By word of mouth.
(c) Troilus tells her.
(d) Through the council's message.
5. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
2. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
3. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
4. Who does Troilus think has abandoned him after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
5. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)