|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
(b) He shoots an arrow at him.
(c) He confuses his sense.
(d) He condemns his house.
2. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her godfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is a family friend.
3. Where does Troilus go after the meeting focusing on ransoms?
(a) Criseyde's house.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) His room.
(d) Pandarus' house.
4. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Betraying his niece.
(b) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(c) Scheming in love.
(d) Helping Troilus.
5. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A palace.
(c) A temple.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
3. What is Hector's title?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)