|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) That he would be gentle and discreet.
(d) That he would help him get his love.
2. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
3. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want to punish her father.
(b) They want her father to return.
(c) They are afraid of her power.
(d) They think she is a traitor.
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
5. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is fasting.
(b) Because he is part of a ritual.
(c) Because he is conserving food.
(d) Because he is lovesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
2. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
3. Who is the first to oppose the trade proposed by Calkas?
4. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
5. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)