|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hector's title?
2. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he trusts Troilus.
(b) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(c) Because he likes to meddle.
(d) Because he wants to feel important.
3. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) A diagram.
(b) A poem.
(c) A legend.
(d) An ode.
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(b) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
(d) His loyalty.
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are patient and content.
(b) Those who have seen men die.
(c) Those who have loved and lost.
(d) Those who are bitter and estranged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
2. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
3. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
4. Who cares for Troilus after the dinner with Criseyde?
5. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)