|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He rehearses what he will say.
(b) He mumbles a chant.
(c) He smiles widely.
(d) He says a prayer.
2. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(b) He falls in love with her instantly.
(c) He hardly notices her.
(d) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Impatience for Pandarus.
(b) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(c) Judgement for Troilus.
(d) Hostility toward Calkas.
5. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
(b) He shoots an arrow at him.
(c) He condemns his house.
(d) He confuses his sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
2. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
3. What color does Criseyde always wear?
4. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
5. What condition does Criseyde give for fulfilling Troilus's request of her?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)