|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His children.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) The reader.
(d) The characters.
2. Where is this poem set?
3. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
(b) Because he did his job well.
(c) Because he had good intentions.
(d) Because he did not take money for his role.
4. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
5. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The most courageous knight.
(b) Her savior.
(c) The man whom she she will wed.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
2. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
3. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
4. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)