|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
2. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
(a) To be busy.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be sad.
(d) To be in love.
3. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
4. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(b) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(c) Because she has news of her father.
(d) Because she has missed his company.
5. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is lovesick.
(b) Because he is part of a ritual.
(c) Because he is conserving food.
(d) Because he is fasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
2. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
3. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
4. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
5. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)