|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
(a) Suffer through a real sickness.
(c) Be locked in prison.
(d) Fight another war.
2. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he had good intentions.
(b) Because he did not take money for his role.
(c) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
(d) Because he did his job well.
4. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A temple.
(b) A palace.
(c) A garden.
(d) A tavern.
5. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A muse.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
2. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
3. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
4. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
5. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)