|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is fasting.
(b) Because he is conserving food.
(c) Because he is lovesick.
(d) Because he is part of a ritual.
2. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(b) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(c) Because Troilus is out of town.
(d) Because she trusts Pandarus.
3. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been lonely.
(b) Anyone who has been in pain.
(c) Anyone who has gone to war.
(d) Anyone who has been in love.
4. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
(a) For treating Troilus badly.
(b) For not upholding her end of their agreement.
(c) For not saying her prayers.
(d) For taking so many people to dinner.
5. What is Calkas' occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
3. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
4. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
5. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)