|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pays a fee.
(b) He pretends to be sick.
(c) He pretends he has important work to do.
(d) He reads a poem.
2. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Hostility toward Calkas.
(b) Judgement for Troilus.
(c) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(d) Impatience for Pandarus.
3. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
(a) Her future and her heart.
(b) To be her servant in love.
(c) Her hand in marriage.
(d) To live with her.
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being poorly dressed.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Speaking poorly.
(d) Being lovestruck.
5. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
2. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
5. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)