|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are second cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To personalize the story.
(b) To loverlook his weakness.
(c) To accept the story as it is.
(d) To believe his words.
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(d) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
4. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The enemy.
(b) Younger knights.
(c) His siblings.
(d) The ladies.
5. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
2. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
3. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)