|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
(a) By stating that the weather is not suitable for travel.
(b) By stating thatTroilus will be there soon.
(c) By stating that he is lonely.
(d) By stating that his servant is ill.
2. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(c) Because he does not pray.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
4. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A war adventure.
(b) A growing adventure.
(c) A love adventure.
(d) An internal adventure.
5. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she has news of her father.
(b) Because she has missed his company.
(c) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(d) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
2. Why does Troilus stop eating?
3. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
4. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)