|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(b) Hostility toward Calkas.
(c) Judgement for Troilus.
(d) Impatience for Pandarus.
2. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) Her maids.
(b) A group of servants.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Some nieces.
3. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
4. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A husband.
(b) A jealous lover.
(c) A love-sick soldier.
(d) A child.
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(b) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
2. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
3. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)