|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
(a) That he is short.
(b) That he is too judgmental.
(c) That he has no sympathy.
(d) That he is a womanizer.
2. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A horrible famine.
(b) A Wedding.
(c) The Trojan War.
(d) A day of feast.
3. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is conserving food.
(b) Because he is lovesick.
(c) Because he is fasting.
(d) Because he is part of a ritual.
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(a) Bad luck.
(d) Good fortune.
5. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
3. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
4. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)