|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) His students.
(c) The reader.
(d) His children.
2. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(b) Venus and Cupid.
(c) Portia and Apollo.
(d) Hera and Hermes.
3. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
4. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are second cousins.
5. What is at the beginning of Book III?
(a) An ode.
(b) A poem.
(c) A diagram.
(d) A legend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
4. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
5. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)