|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Writing her history.
(b) Reading a poem.
(c) Painting a landscape.
(d) Making a cup of tea.
2. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Wearing black.
(c) Rising above love.
(d) Being unkind.
3. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To loverlook his weakness.
(b) To believe his words.
(c) To personalize the story.
(d) To accept the story as it is.
4. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she has never heard of him.
(b) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(c) That he is worthy of praise.
(d) That she finds him to act juvenile.
5. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The man whom she she will wed.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) The most courageous knight.
(d) Her savior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
2. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
3. How are Troilus and Hector related?
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
5. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)