|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being poorly dressed.
(b) Speaking poorly.
(c) Being lovestruck.
(d) Getting drunk.
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because he mocks love.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
3. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By leaving the city.
(b) By writing to him.
(c) By giving him a kind word.
(d) By seeing him.
4. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(b) He has important information for them.
(c) He has always been a spy for them.
(d) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
3. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
4. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
5. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)