|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) Her savior.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) The man whom she she will wed.
(d) The most courageous knight.
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A muse.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) The reader.
(b) The characters.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) His children.
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To loverlook his weakness.
(b) To believe his words.
(c) To accept the story as it is.
(d) To personalize the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
2. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
3. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
4. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
5. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)