|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
(a) Hector would have withdrawn his protection.
(b) Pandarus would have rebuked her.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Troilus would have shunned her.
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want her father to return.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They want to punish her father.
(d) They are afraid of her power.
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(c) Because he does not pray.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
5. What is Hector's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
2. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
3. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)