|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(b) He hardly notices her.
(c) He falls in love with her instantly.
(d) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
2. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By seeing him.
(b) By giving him a kind word.
(c) By writing to him.
(d) By leaving the city.
3. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) She is poor.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) Her father has left her.
4. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The return of her father.
(b) A pardon for her treason charges.
(c) The end of the siege.
(d) A new love interest.
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) His children.
(c) The reader.
(d) His students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
2. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
3. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
4. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
5. Where is this poem set?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)