|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hector's title?
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His shameful father.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His alliance with the Greeks.
(d) His feelings for Criseyde.
3. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her godfather.
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) Her father has left her.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She is poor.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A day of feast.
(b) A horrible famine.
(c) A Wedding.
(d) The Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
2. Where is this poem set?
3. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
4. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
5. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)