|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Being unkind.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Rising above love.
2. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He shoots an arrow at him.
(b) He condemns his house.
(c) He confuses his sense.
(d) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
3. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in pain.
(b) Anyone who has been lonely.
(c) Anyone who has gone to war.
(d) Anyone who has been in love.
4. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) His students.
(c) The reader.
(d) His children.
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
(a) His money.
(b) His past.
(c) His educated status.
(d) His mistakes with women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
3. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
5. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)