|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) The return of her father.
(c) A new love interest.
(d) A pardon for her treason charges.
2. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He reads a poem.
(b) He pays a fee.
(c) He pretends he has important work to do.
(d) He pretends to be sick.
3. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
4. What is Hector's title?
5. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would be gentle and discreet.
(b) That he would help him get his love.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
4. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)