|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(c) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(d) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
2. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A short story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A novel.
(d) A history.
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His students.
(b) The reader.
(c) His children.
(d) The characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
3. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
4. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)