|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(d) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
2. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) His children.
(c) The reader.
(d) The characters.
3. What color does Criseyde always wear?
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her noble stature.
(b) Her grace.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) A pardon for her treason charges.
(b) The end of the siege.
(c) The return of her father.
(d) A new love interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
4. Who finds Troilus crying?
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)