|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Take away his blessing.
(b) Shun her.
(c) Stop helping her father.
(d) Kill himself.
2. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
3. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
(a) Because she wants him to reveal his secret.
(b) Because she has some business affairs for which she needs his help.
(c) Because she has news of her father.
(d) Because she has missed his company.
4. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(b) Go insane.
(d) Join a seminary.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(b) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(c) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(d) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this poem set?
2. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
5. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)