|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) Her dowry.
(c) His status.
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His children.
(b) The reader.
(c) The characters.
(d) His students.
3. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To believe his words.
(b) To accept the story as it is.
(c) To loverlook his weakness.
(d) To personalize the story.
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) Her father has left her.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) She is poor.
5. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(b) Her late husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) An unknown knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Troilus crying?
2. Why does Troilus stop eating?
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
4. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
5. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)