|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With hand signals.
(b) With notes in a book.
(c) With smiles and frowns.
(d) With crosses and marks.
2. How are Troilus and Hector related?
(a) They are half-brothers.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
3. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The reader.
(b) The characters.
(c) His children.
(d) His students.
5. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is lovesick.
(b) Because he is part of a ritual.
(c) Because he is conserving food.
(d) Because he is fasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
2. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
3. What color does Criseyde always wear?
4. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
5. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)