|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(b) Good fortune.
(d) Bad luck.
2. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends to be sick.
(b) He pays a fee.
(c) He reads a poem.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
3. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in pain.
(b) Anyone who has gone to war.
(c) Anyone who has been lonely.
(d) Anyone who has been in love.
5. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
2. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
3. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)