|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
2. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(d) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
4. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Hostility toward Calkas.
(b) Judgement for Troilus.
(c) Impatience for Pandarus.
(d) Curiosity about Criseyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
2. Why does Troilus stop eating?
3. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
4. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
5. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)