|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His status.
(c) His loyalty.
(d) Her dowry.
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(b) He hardly notices her.
(c) He falls in love with her instantly.
(d) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He checks the horoscope.
(c) He asks a priest.
(d) He sees her name on a house.
4. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A muse.
(d) A siren.
5. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Stop helping her father.
(b) Take away his blessing.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Shun her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
3. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
4. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
5. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)