|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
2. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) His students.
(c) The reader.
(d) His children.
3. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is a student.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She has a missing child.
(d) She is marked a traitor.
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(d) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
5. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is a family friend.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
2. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
3. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
4. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
5. Why does Troilus stop eating?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)