|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
2. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
3. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(b) Those who have loved and lost.
(c) Those who have seen men die.
(d) Those who are patient and content.
4. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) Her savior.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) The most courageous knight.
(d) The man whom she she will wed.
5. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being poorly dressed.
(c) Being lovestruck.
(d) Speaking poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
3. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
5. Where was Hector wounded?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)