|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His children.
(b) The reader.
(c) The characters.
(d) His students.
2. What is Hector's title?
3. What color does Criseyde always wear?
4. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(a) Her late husband.
(b) An unknown knight.
(c) Her father.
5. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
(a) He reads a psalm.
(b) He checks the horoscope.
(c) He meditates.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
3. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)