|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(b) Those who are patient and content.
(c) Those who have seen men die.
(d) Those who have loved and lost.
2. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends to be sick.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pretends he has important work to do.
(d) He pays a fee.
3. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(a) A foreign dignitary.
(d) Two ladies.
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To personalize the story.
(b) To accept the story as it is.
(c) To loverlook his weakness.
(d) To believe his words.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
2. Where is this poem set?
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
4. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)