|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) A pardon for her treason charges.
(c) The return of her father.
(d) A new love interest.
2. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
3. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
(a) Painting a landscape.
(b) Writing her history.
(c) Making a cup of tea.
(d) Reading a poem.
5. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) The characters.
(b) His children.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
4. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)