|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A novel.
(b) A poem.
(c) A history.
(d) A short story.
2. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is a family friend.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her cousin.
3. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being poorly dressed.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Being lovestruck.
(d) Speaking poorly.
4. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
(a) His educated status.
(b) His past.
(c) His mistakes with women.
(d) His money.
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His children.
(b) His students.
(c) The characters.
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
3. What is Hector's title?
4. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
5. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)