|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A love adventure.
(b) A growing adventure.
(c) An internal adventure.
(d) A war adventure.
2. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has important information for them.
(b) He has always been a spy for them.
(c) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(d) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
3. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By giving him a kind word.
(d) By leaving the city.
4. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
(a) That he is too judgmental.
(b) That he is a womanizer.
(c) That he is short.
(d) That he has no sympathy.
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Hostility toward Calkas.
(b) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(c) Judgement for Troilus.
(d) Impatience for Pandarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
5. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)