|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With notes in a book.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) With smiles and frowns.
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His alliance with the Greeks.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His feelings for Criseyde.
(d) His shameful father.
3. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) Her dowry.
(c) His loyalty.
(d) His status.
5. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is conserving food.
(b) Because he is lovesick.
(c) Because he is part of a ritual.
(d) Because he is fasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
2. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
3. What title does Troilus hold?
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)