|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(b) Impatience for Pandarus.
(c) Hostility toward Calkas.
(d) Judgement for Troilus.
2. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) She is poor.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her father has left her.
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By giving him a kind word.
(b) By seeing him.
(c) By leaving the city.
(d) By writing to him.
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His love for Criseyde.
(b) His hatred for the Greeks.
(c) His desire to end the war.
(d) His brother's example.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
2. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
3. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
4. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
5. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)