|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
2. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Speaking poorly.
(b) Being poorly dressed.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Being lovestruck.
3. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) The Trojan War.
(b) A day of feast.
(c) A horrible famine.
(d) A Wedding.
4. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. What is Calkas' occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
2. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
3. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
4. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
5. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)