|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
2. What title does Troilus hold?
3. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being poorly dressed.
(c) Being lovestruck.
(d) Speaking poorly.
4. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
5. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because he mocks love.
(d) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calkas' occupation?
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
5. Why does Troilus stop eating?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)