|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has important information for them.
(b) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(c) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(d) He has always been a spy for them.
2. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Speaking poorly.
(c) Being lovestruck.
(d) Being poorly dressed.
3. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
4. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His shameful father.
(d) His alliance with the Greeks.
5. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he does not pray.
(b) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(c) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(d) Because he mocks love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
2. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
3. Who finds Troilus crying?
4. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
5. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)