|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
2. What color does Criseyde always wear?
3. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His alliance with the Greeks.
(b) His feelings for Criseyde.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His shameful father.
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She has a missing child.
(b) She is marked a traitor.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She is a widow.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(c) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(d) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
2. What is Hector's title?
3. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)