|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
2. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With hand signals.
(b) With smiles and frowns.
(c) With crosses and marks.
(d) With notes in a book.
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He hardly notices her.
(b) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(c) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(d) He falls in love with her instantly.
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A day of feast.
(b) The Trojan War.
(c) A horrible famine.
(d) A Wedding.
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
(a) His past.
(b) His mistakes with women.
(c) His money.
(d) His educated status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
2. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
3. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
4. Why does Troilus stop eating?
5. Where is this poem set?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)