|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are patient and content.
(b) Those who have seen men die.
(c) Those who have loved and lost.
(d) Those who are bitter and estranged.
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he mocks love.
(b) Because he does not pray.
(c) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
(d) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
3. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(b) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(c) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(d) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
4. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His sickness.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His shameful father.
(d) His feelings for Criseyde.
5. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He hardly notices her.
(b) He falls in love with her instantly.
(c) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(d) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calkas' occupation?
2. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
3. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
4. Where is this poem set?
5. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)