|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Troilus crying?
2. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) Her father has left her.
(b) She is poor.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) She is a widow.
3. Where is this poem set?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her grace.
(d) Her noble stature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calkas' occupation?
2. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
3. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
4. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
5. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)