|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) Her father has left her.
2. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With hand signals.
(b) With smiles and frowns.
(c) With notes in a book.
(d) With crosses and marks.
3. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) Younger knights.
(b) His siblings.
(c) The ladies.
(d) The enemy.
4. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His alliance with the Greeks.
(b) His shameful father.
(c) His feelings for Criseyde.
(d) His sickness.
5. What is Hector's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Troilus hold?
2. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
3. Why does Troilus stop eating?
4. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
5. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)