|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Calkas' occupation?
2. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has important information for them.
(b) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(c) He has always been a spy for them.
(d) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
3. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) She is poor.
(b) Her father has left her.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has gone to war.
(b) Anyone who has been in love.
(c) Anyone who has been lonely.
(d) Anyone who has been in pain.
5. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being lovestruck.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Speaking poorly.
(d) Being poorly dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
2. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
3. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)