|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
2. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Being lovestruck.
(b) Speaking poorly.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Getting drunk.
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(b) He has important information for them.
(c) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(d) He has always been a spy for them.
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His alliance with the Greeks.
(d) His shameful father.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
4. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)