|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(c) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
2. What color does Criseyde always wear?
3. What is Hector's title?
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Speaking poorly.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Being lovestruck.
5. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
2. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
3. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
4. What title does Troilus hold?
5. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)