|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
(a) He tries to remember whether he has met her before.
(b) He hardly notices her.
(c) He is afraid to be near a traitor.
(d) He falls in love with her instantly.
2. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
(a) His money.
(b) His past.
(c) His educated status.
(d) His mistakes with women.
3. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) Younger knights.
(b) The ladies.
(c) The enemy.
(d) His siblings.
4. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
5. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) The reader.
(c) His children.
(d) The characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
2. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
3. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
4. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
5. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)