|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) A love adventure.
(b) A growing adventure.
(c) An internal adventure.
(d) A war adventure.
2. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being lovestruck.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Speaking poorly.
3. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is marked a traitor.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She has a missing child.
4. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His love for Criseyde.
(b) His hatred for the Greeks.
(c) His desire to end the war.
(d) His brother's example.
5. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A garden.
(c) A palace.
(d) A temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
2. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
3. What is Hector's title?
4. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
5. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)