|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) She is marked a traitor.
(c) She is a student.
(d) She has a missing child.
2. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
3. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His sickness.
(b) His shameful father.
(c) His feelings for Criseyde.
(d) His alliance with the Greeks.
4. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who have seen men die.
(b) Those who have loved and lost.
(c) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(d) Those who are patient and content.
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
2. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
3. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
4. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
5. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)