|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A jealous lover.
(b) A husband.
(c) A love-sick soldier.
(d) A child.
2. Who finds Troilus crying?
3. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(b) Hera and Hermes.
(c) Venus and Cupid.
(d) Portia and Apollo.
4. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he will honor his kingdom.
(b) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(c) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(d) Because he must keep his love a secret.
5. How does Criseyde plan to thwart the trade?
(a) By starving herself.
(b) By running away with Troilus.
(c) By moving in with Pandarus.
(d) By offering herself instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
2. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
3. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
4. What does Pandarus tell his niece to stop doing when she hears about the trade?
5. What does Troilus do during most of the time that he is at Sarpedoun's house?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)