|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deepens Troilus's anxiety when he returns from Sarpedoun's house?
(a) The battles have begun again.
(b) Hector has sent word for him.
(c) There is no word from Criseyde.
(d) Criseyde's house is boarded up.
2. What does Diomede tell Criseyde that he has never done before?
(a) Seen such a beauty as her.
(b) Betrayed his country.
(c) Offered his devotion to a woman.
(d) Lost a battle.
3. What is Hector's title?
4. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Thinking about Criseyde.
(b) Saving his money.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Keeping his promise.
5. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(b) Hearing his father's voice.
(c) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(d) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
2. Who does Pandarus falsely accuse of being in love with Criseyde?
3. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)