|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diomede state that Trojan knights are doomed to die?
(a) Because of their dwindling numbers.
(b) Because of their poor fighting skills.
(c) Because of Calkas's prophecy.
(d) Because of Priam's fear.
2. Who does Criseyde tell about her sadness when she is traded?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her handmaid.
(d) No one.
3. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His suicidal thoughts.
(c) His urgency.
(d) His pain.
4. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
5. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) An internal adventure.
(b) A war adventure.
(c) A love adventure.
(d) A growing adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
2. What deepens Troilus's anxiety when he returns from Sarpedoun's house?
3. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)