|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Criseyde go after hearing about the trade?
(a) Pandarus' house.
(b) The palace.
(c) Her room.
(d) Troilus' house.
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His shameful father.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His alliance with the Greeks.
3. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(c) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(d) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
4. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
5. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) His children.
(c) The reader.
(d) The characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
2. What does Diomede offer Criseyde after the trade?
3. Who rides with Criseyde when she is traded?
4. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
5. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)