|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second token that Criseyde gives to Diomede?
(a) A glove.
(b) A ring.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Priam is Troilus' father.
(c) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
(d) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
3. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His desire to end the war.
(b) His love for Criseyde.
(c) His hatred for the Greeks.
(d) His brother's example.
4. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
(a) A surrender is to be made.
(b) A treaty is to be written.
(c) A banquet is to be held.
(d) Prisoners are to be exchanged.
5. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being lovestruck.
(c) Being poorly dressed.
(d) Speaking poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
2. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
3. Who calls for a truce in the war?
4. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
5. How does Criseyde treat Diomede right after the trade?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)