|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
2. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To shame him for his manipulation.
(b) To repay him for the letter.
(c) To honor his recent victory.
(d) To thank him for his protection.
3. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With hand signals.
(c) With smiles and frowns.
(d) With notes in a book.
4. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
5. Why does Chaucer say that he cannot tell us how Criseyde has fallen in love with Diomede?
(a) Because not even she knew.
(b) Because love is too mysterious to explain.
(c) Because the book does not say.
(d) Because the gods have withheld it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
2. How does Criseyde feel when she hears about the trade?
3. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
5. Why does Diomede state that Trojan knights are doomed to die?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)