|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
2. What is Hector's title?
3. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Hostility toward Calkas.
(b) Impatience for Pandarus.
(c) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(d) Judgement for Troilus.
4. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His foot.
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His alliance with the Greeks.
(b) His feelings for Criseyde.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His shameful father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
2. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
3. How are Troilus and Hector related?
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
5. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)