|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
2. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
3. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By seeing him.
(b) By leaving the city.
(c) By writing to him.
(d) By giving him a kind word.
4. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His love for Criseyde.
(b) His hatred for the Greeks.
(c) His desire to end the war.
(d) His brother's example.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)