|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
2. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A Wedding.
(b) The Trojan War.
(c) A day of feast.
(d) A horrible famine.
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Follow his instructions.
(d) Broaden her horizons.
4. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is a family friend.
5. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pays a fee.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pretends to be sick.
(d) He pretends he has important work to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
2. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
3. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
4. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
5. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)