|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
(a) He checks the horoscope.
(b) He asks a priest.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He sees her name on a house.
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To personalize the story.
(b) To believe his words.
(c) To loverlook his weakness.
(d) To accept the story as it is.
3. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His children.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) The reader.
(d) The characters.
4. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They are afraid of her power.
(b) They want her father to return.
(c) They want to punish her father.
(d) They think she is a traitor.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(b) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(c) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(d) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
3. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
4. Where is this poem set?
5. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)