|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They are afraid of her power.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They want to punish her father.
(d) They want her father to return.
2. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
3. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A temple.
(c) A garden.
(d) A palace.
5. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A history.
(b) A poem.
(c) A novel.
(d) A short story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hector wounded?
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
3. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
4. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
5. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)