|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The enemy.
(b) The ladies.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) His siblings.
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His shameful father.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His feelings for Criseyde.
3. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
4. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
5. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
2. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
3. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)