|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
(a) A short story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A novel.
(d) A history.
2. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Stop helping her father.
(c) Take away his blessing.
(d) Shun her.
3. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
(a) Because he does not pray.
(b) Because he mocks love.
(c) Because he gives more tribute to Aphrodite.
(d) Because his sacrifice is lacking.
4. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His leg.
(b) His foot.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
5. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
2. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
3. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
5. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)