|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer address at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His children.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) The characters.
(d) The reader.
2. Where was Hector wounded?
(a) His foot.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
3. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) Her father has left her.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
4. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(b) That he is worthy of praise.
(c) That she has never heard of him.
(d) That she finds him to act juvenile.
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(d) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
2. What does Pandarus do when he first wakes up?
3. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
5. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)