|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cupid do when he gets mad at Troilus?
(a) He forbids Fortune from visiting him.
(b) He shoots an arrow at him.
(c) He condemns his house.
(d) He confuses his sense.
2. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
(a) His feelings for Criseyde.
(b) His alliance with the Greeks.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His shameful father.
3. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His love for Criseyde.
(b) His desire to end the war.
(c) His hatred for the Greeks.
(d) His brother's example.
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(b) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
5. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
2. What color does Criseyde always wear?
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
4. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
5. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)