|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her godfather.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is a family friend.
(d) He is her uncle.
2. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(b) That he would be gentle and discreet.
(c) That he would help him get his love.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
3. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her grace.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her noble stature.
4. What is Hector's title?
5. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) A Wedding.
(b) The Trojan War.
(c) A horrible famine.
(d) A day of feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
2. Why does Troilus stop eating?
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
4. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)