|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this poem set?
2. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A temple.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A garden.
(d) A palace.
3. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
(b) Go insane.
(d) Join a seminary.
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Her noble stature.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her grace.
5. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in love.
(b) Anyone who has been in pain.
(c) Anyone who has been lonely.
(d) Anyone who has gone to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Troilus stop eating?
2. Who does Pandarus say that Criseyde will condemn if she does not help Troilus?
3. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
4. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
5. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)