|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
(a) Anyone who has been in pain.
(b) Anyone who has been in love.
(c) Anyone who has been lonely.
(d) Anyone who has gone to war.
2. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A muse.
(b) A siren.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
3. Why does Troilus stop eating?
(a) Because he is conserving food.
(b) Because he is lovesick.
(c) Because he is part of a ritual.
(d) Because he is fasting.
4. What title does Troilus hold?
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who have loved and lost.
(b) Those who are bitter and estranged.
(c) Those who have seen men die.
(d) Those who are patient and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
2. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
3. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
4. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
5. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)