|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
(a) That she finds him to act juvenile.
(b) That he will never be as great as Hector.
(c) That she has never heard of him.
(d) That he is worthy of praise.
2. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
3. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
4. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) Younger knights.
(b) His siblings.
(c) The ladies.
(d) The enemy.
5. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A muse.
(d) A nymph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Criseyde always wear?
2. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
3. What does Pandarus say that Troilus might do because of his love for Criseyde?
4. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)