|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
2. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
3. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who have loved and lost.
(b) Those who are patient and content.
(c) Those who have seen men die.
(d) Those who are bitter and estranged.
4. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
(a) Pandarus would have rebuked her.
(b) Hector would have withdrawn his protection.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Troilus would have shunned her.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
(c) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(d) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Calkas' occupation?
2. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
3. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
4. Who finds Troilus crying?
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)