|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her noble stature.
(c) Her grace.
(d) All of the answer choices are correct.
2. What color does Criseyde always wear?
3. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His love for Criseyde.
(b) His desire to end the war.
(c) His brother's example.
(d) His hatred for the Greeks.
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(b) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
(d) His loyalty.
5. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They want to punish her father.
(b) They think she is a traitor.
(c) They want her father to return.
(d) They are afraid of her power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde say about Troilus when talking to Pandarus?
2. In Book I, what kind of story does Chaucer say is in this poem?
3. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
5. What does Troilus have to keep a secret from others in Book I?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)