|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A muse.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
2. Where is Troilus when he first sees Criseyde?
(a) A palace.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A garden.
(d) A temple.
3. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) The most courageous knight.
(c) Her savior.
(d) The man whom she she will wed.
4. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has important information for them.
(b) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
(c) He has always been a spy for them.
(d) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
5. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By leaving the city.
(b) By writing to him.
(c) By giving him a kind word.
(d) By seeing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
3. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
4. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
5. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)