|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(a) A foreign dignitary.
(c) Two ladies.
2. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
(a) With crosses and marks.
(b) With smiles and frowns.
(c) With hand signals.
(d) With notes in a book.
3. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
(a) The Trojan War.
(b) A Wedding.
(c) A horrible famine.
(d) A day of feast.
5. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(b) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(c) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
2. What is Criseyde doing when Pandarus visits her?
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. Troilus always mocks others for which of the following?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)