|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) His secret.
(b) Her new suitor.
(c) His blessing.
(d) Her father's legacy.
2. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends he has important work to do.
(b) He reads a poem.
(c) He pretends to be sick.
(d) He pays a fee.
3. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Follow his instructions.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Broaden her horizons.
4. During which season do the people honor their patron God?
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The characters.
(b) The reader.
(c) His children.
(d) His students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
2. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
3. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
5. What does Pandarus say that he will do if Criseyde will not help Troilus?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)