|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Keeping his promise.
(b) Saving his money.
(c) Fighting the Greeks.
(d) Thinking about Criseyde.
2. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She blushes and walks away.
(b) She writes out a contract.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She embraces him.
3. Why is Diomede hesitant to approach Criseyde just after the trade?
(a) Because he senses that she longs for her lover.
(b) Because he does not want to offend her.
(c) Because he has heard stories about her terrible temper.
(d) Because he sense her anger.
4. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(b) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(c) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
5. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
2. What deepens Troilus's anxiety when he returns from Sarpedoun's house?
3. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
4. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
5. What does Chaucer say is drawing near at the beginning of Book V?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)