Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A muse.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A siren.
2. What does a friend of Troilus say to try to make him mad?
(a) That Criseyde will never love a commoner.
(b) That he is sad about the Greek blood that he has spilt.
(c) That his father is a traitor and so is he.
(d) That a knight like him will never advance in the ranks.
3. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Staying indoors.
(b) Wearing black.
(c) Rising above love.
(d) Being unkind.
4. Who protects Criseyde when the people want to kill her?
5. What makes Troilus a braver and stronger warrior at the beginning of Book I?
(a) His desire to end the war.
(b) His hatred for the Greeks.
(c) His love for Criseyde.
(d) His brother's example.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Troilus pass his judgment on others?
2. How does Pandarus say that Troilus acts in battle?
3. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
4. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
5. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)