|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By writing to him.
(b) By leaving the city.
(c) By giving him a kind word.
(d) By seeing him.
2. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She blushes and walks away.
(b) She embraces him.
(c) She writes out a contract.
(d) She kisses him.
3. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A letter.
(c) Her tribute.
(d) Her ring.
4. Who does Criseyde take to her uncle's house for dinner?
(a) Her maids.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Some nieces.
(d) A group of servants.
5. What does Criseyde say would have happened had she loved Troilus first?
(a) Hector would have withdrawn his protection.
(b) Troilus would have shunned her.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Pandarus would have rebuked her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
2. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
4. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
5. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)