|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(b) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(c) Because she trusts Pandarus.
(d) Because Troilus is out of town.
2. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The return of her father.
(b) A new love interest.
(c) The end of the siege.
(d) A pardon for her treason charges.
3. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Scheming in love.
(b) Helping Troilus.
(c) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(d) Betraying his niece.
4. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A muse.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
5. What does Pandarus say will help him help Troilus?
(a) His money.
(b) His mistakes with women.
(c) His past.
(d) His educated status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
2. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
3. What is at the beginning of Book III?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)