|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus tell Criseyde that he wants from her?
(a) Her hand in marriage.
(b) To live with her.
(c) Her future and her heart.
(d) To be her servant in love.
2. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because Troilus is out of town.
(b) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(c) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(d) Because she trusts Pandarus.
3. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) The return of her father.
(c) A new love interest.
(d) A pardon for her treason charges.
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Forget the past.
(b) Follow his instructions.
(c) Broaden her horizons.
(d) Be happy.
5. What does Troilus do when he sees how sad Criseyde has become in Pandarus's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He holds her.
(d) He vomits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde offer to send to Troilus when she hears the false rumor that Pandarus has made up?
2. Who enters the room shortly after Troilus agrees to Criseyde's demands?
3. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
4. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
5. Who does Chaucer say should always remember this story?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)