|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troilus do when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
(a) He smiles widely.
(b) He rehearses what he will say.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He mumbles a chant.
2. What is Calkas' occupation?
3. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he trusts Troilus.
(b) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(c) Because he likes to meddle.
(d) Because he wants to feel important.
4. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
(a) Portia and Apollo.
(b) Zeus and Aphrodite.
(c) Hera and Hermes.
(d) Venus and Cupid.
5. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) Her grace.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her noble stature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Troilus crying?
2. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
3. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
4. Why does Criseyde always wear one color?
5. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)