|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) The enemy.
(b) His siblings.
(c) Younger knights.
(d) The ladies.
2. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is a family friend.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her godfather.
3. Who does Criseyde tell Pandarus that she dreamt about the night of the festival?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her late husband.
(d) An unknown knight.
4. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) Her noble stature.
(d) Her grace.
5. Pandarus says that he is ashamed of which of the following?
(a) Scheming in love.
(b) Ignoring his gut feelings.
(c) Helping Troilus.
(d) Betraying his niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus say that he would rather do than disgrace Criseyde?
2. What is Calkas' occupation?
3. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
4. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
5. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)