|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Criseyde agree to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because Troilus is out of town.
(b) Because she will be able to see Troilus.
(c) Because Pandarus is an excellent cook.
(d) Because she trusts Pandarus.
2. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
(b) Because he did not take money for his role.
(c) Because he did his job well.
(d) Because he had good intentions.
3. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) All of the answer choices are correct.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) Her father has left her.
4. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
(a) To be honest with him.
(b) To explain her situation.
(c) To give him what he wants.
(d) To have pity on him.
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
2. What is happening at the beginning of the poem?
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
4. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
5. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)