|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
2. What does Chaucer say he hopes his poem provides?
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
4. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
5. Why does Criseyde not have anyone to protect her?
(a) Her father has left her.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) She is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
2. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
3. How are Troilus and Hector related?
4. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
5. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)