|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She writes out a contract.
(b) She blushes and walks away.
(c) She embraces him.
(d) She kisses him.
2. Who is the patron God to Troilus' people?
3. Who does Pandarus visit after waking up?
4. What does Troilus do to leave the festival early?
(a) He pretends he has important work to do.
(b) He pretends to be sick.
(c) He pays a fee.
(d) He reads a poem.
5. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
2. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
3. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
4. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
5. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)