|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde say that Troilus is acting like when they speak at Pandarus' house?
(a) A jealous lover.
(b) A love-sick soldier.
(c) A child.
(d) A husband.
2. What is Chaucer's plea at the beginning of Book II?
(a) To believe his words.
(b) To accept the story as it is.
(c) To loverlook his weakness.
(d) To personalize the story.
3. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The reader.
(b) His students.
(c) His children.
(d) The characters.
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Good fortune.
5. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
(a) Two ladies.
(c) A foreign dignitary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Criseyde say that she wants Pandarus to stay with her?
2. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
3. What is Calkas' occupation?
4. What does Troilus devote himself to doing following the dinner with Criseyde?
5. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)