|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
2. What does Criseyde tell Troilus has saddened her?
(a) His urgency.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His suicidal thoughts.
(d) His pain.
3. Why do the townspeople want to kill Criseyde?
(a) They think she is a traitor.
(b) They are afraid of her power.
(c) They want her father to return.
(d) They want to punish her father.
4. What does Criseyde do when Troilus agrees to her conditions?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She blushes and walks away.
(c) She embraces him.
(d) She writes out a contract.
5. What kind of adventure does Chaucer say Troilus will have in this poem?
(a) An internal adventure.
(b) A love adventure.
(c) A growing adventure.
(d) A war adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
2. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
3. How does Troilus feel about Criseyde when he first sees her?
4. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
5. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)