|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus say that Pandarus is free from all shame?
(a) Because he had good intentions.
(b) Because he did not take money for his role.
(c) Because he helped a friend and a niece.
(d) Because he did his job well.
2. What does Criseyde call Hector when talking to Pandarus?
(a) The man whom she she will wed.
(b) The most courageous knight.
(c) All of the answer choices are correct.
(d) Her savior.
3. What does Troilus say is his friend's biggest weakness?
(a) That he is too judgmental.
(b) That he is a womanizer.
(c) That he is short.
(d) That he has no sympathy.
4. What promise did Pandarus make Troilus?
(a) That he would keep the love between him (Troilus) and Criseyde love a secret.
(b) All of the answer choices are correct.
(c) That he would help him get his love.
(d) That he would be gentle and discreet.
5. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
2. What is at the beginning of Book III?
3. How does Troilus feel when he hears Criseyde coming toward him?
4. Why does Cupid get mad at Troilus?
5. What does the narrator say helps Criseyde outshine all the other women?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)