|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer say will get the most out of this poem?
(a) Those who are patient and content.
(b) Those who have seen men die.
(c) Those who have loved and lost.
(d) Those who are bitter and estranged.
2. Why does Calkas flee to the enemy?
(a) He has seen a vision that Troy will fall.
(b) He has always been a spy for them.
(c) He has important information for them.
(d) He knows that his daughter is being held for ransom there.
3. Troilus always tries to set an example for which of the following?
(a) Younger knights.
(b) The ladies.
(c) The enemy.
(d) His siblings.
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde to do when he gets there?
(a) Follow his instructions.
(b) Broaden her horizons.
(c) Forget the past.
(d) Be happy.
5. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Keeping his promise.
(b) Fighting the Greeks.
(c) Thinking about Criseyde.
(d) Saving his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
2. What does Pandarus beg of Criseyde when she meets Troilus for the first time?
3. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
4. Which of the following does Troilus say that he will never lose sleep over in Book I?
5. What is Troilus pretending when he and Criseyde first talk?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)