|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Criseyde most concerned about when she hears about Troilus' love for her?
(b) His status.
(c) Her dowry.
(d) His loyalty.
2. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he could ruin her.
(b) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
(c) Because he is a traitor.
(d) Because he is trying to save her.
3. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
(a) Fighting the Greeks.
(b) Thinking about Criseyde.
(c) Saving his money.
(d) Keeping his promise.
4. What does Pandarus think will cause Troilus to kill himself?
(a) Seeing Criseyde upset.
(b) Hearing his father's voice.
(c) Seeing Criseyde leave.
(d) Leaving Criseyde in the trade.
5. Which of the following persons does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
(a) A siren.
(b) A muse.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be done during the truce in the war?
2. What is Antenor's occupation?
3. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
4. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
5. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)