|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(b) Because he must keep his love a secret.
(c) Because he will honor his kingdom.
(d) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
2. How are Priam and Troilus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Priam is Troilus' godfather.
(c) Priam is Troilus' father.
(d) Priam is Troilus' uncle.
3. Troilus states that Pandarus has never been successful with which of the following?
4. Why is Criseyde reluctant to go to Pandarus' house for dinner?
(a) Because she does not want to see Troilus.
(b) Because it is raining.
(c) Because it is a busy day for her.
(d) Because she does not feel well.
5. What is Priam's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
2. Who is with Criseyde when Pandarus goes to see her?
3. What does Troilus say that he would never do without Criseyde's consent?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
5. What is described in the first action section of Book IV?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)