|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pandarus say that Criseyde can help Troilus?
(a) By leaving the city.
(b) By giving him a kind word.
(c) By seeing him.
(d) By writing to him.
2. Who led Criseyde to think that she needs protection?
3. Why does Troilus not speak out when he hears what Calkas wants in exchange for Antenor?
(a) Because he knows that Criseyde would want that.
(b) Because he is afraid of Calkas.
(c) Because he will honor his kingdom.
(d) Because he must keep his love a secret.
4. What does Chaucer ask the reader to withhold at the beginning of Book II?
(a) Curiosity about Criseyde.
(b) Impatience for Pandarus.
(c) Hostility toward Calkas.
(d) Judgement for Troilus.
5. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does about her father?
(a) Because he is a traitor.
(b) Because he cheated on her (Criseyde's) mother.
(c) Because he could ruin her.
(d) Because he is trying to save her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pandarus convince Criseyde to spend the night at his house?
2. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
3. What does Chaucer say that he hopes to honor in Book III?
4. What does Pandarus scold Criseyde for while she is at his house?
5. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)