|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Troilus feel when Criseyde greets him the way that she does?
2. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
(d) The gods.
3. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) His students.
(b) The characters.
(c) His children.
(d) The reader.
4. How are Antenor and Troilus related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) Troilus is Antenor's uncle.
(c) Troilus is Antenor's godfather.
(d) They are cousins.
5. What does Pandarus say will make Criseyde the proudest woman on Earth?
(a) His blessing.
(b) Her new suitor.
(c) Her father's legacy.
(d) His secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work is "The Siege of Thebes"?
2. Why is Troilus on the committee to decide the trades in the treaty?
3. What does Troilus spend his nights doing after the dinner with Criseyde?
4. The beginning of Book IV is about which of the following?
5. Who does Pandarus praise when Troilus agrees to Criseyde's conditions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)