|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandarus say makes women lonely in old age?
(a) Rising above love.
(b) Staying indoors.
(c) Wearing black.
(d) Being unkind.
2. Who does Pandarus talk to about his shame?
3. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
(a) To honor his recent victory.
(b) To thank him for his protection.
(c) To shame him for his manipulation.
(d) To repay him for the letter.
4. Book IV begins with which of the following types of writing?
(a) An ode.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter.
(d) A synopsis.
5. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
2. Who does Calkas want in return for Antenor?
3. What does Chaucer ask for help with in Book III?
4. What does Pandarus tell Criseyde that the dream that she had the night of the festival is likely to bring to her?
5. What is Priam's title?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)