|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chaucer dedicate Book III to at its beginning?
2. What does Pandarus say that Troilus is when he is not in battle?
3. Who is excited about the prisoner trade?
(a) Hector's wife.
(b) Pandarus' wife.
(d) Criseyde's friends.
4. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(c) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(d) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
5. Who is Chaucer talking to at the beginning of Book II?
(a) The reader.
(b) His students.
(c) The characters.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus of the long speech that Troilus delivers to Pandarus?
2. How are Pandarus and Criseyde related?
3. How does Pandarus decide that it is a good time to see Criseyde?
4. What is Pandarus' first idea to protect his niece?
5. What does Criseyde hide her head with while talking to Troilus in Pandarus's house?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)