|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Criseyde tell Pandarus would make her very happy when he visits her?
(a) A new love interest.
(b) The end of the siege.
(c) A pardon for her treason charges.
(d) The return of her father.
2. Why does Pandarus say that he did the things that made him feel ashamed?
(a) Because he wants to feel important.
(b) Because he trusts Troilus.
(c) Because he wants his niece to be happy.
(d) Because he likes to meddle.
3. Why does Criseyde feel the way that she does when Pandarus tells her to do something when he goes to see her?
(a) She feels that her past is what has made her into a woman.
(b) It is exciting to have something to anticipate with eagerness.
(c) It is hard to be happy when the city is at war.
(d) She has no reason to follow his instructions.
4. Who calls for a truce in the war?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What does Chaucer say affects all people differently?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Criseyde feel when Pandarus tells her to do something when he visits her?
2. What does Criseyde do when she sees Troilus for the first time after hearing about the trade?
3. Why does Criseyde greet Troilus the way that she does the first time that she meets him?
4. Who does Chaucer call on for help in Book II?
5. How does Chaucer describe Troilus' condition at the beginning of Book II?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)