|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. Kloterjahn's son described in Chapter 9?
2. How is Mr. Spinell's letter described in terms of content?
(b) Clear and thoughtful.
(c) Bizarre and at times incomprehensible.
(d) Rude and crass.
3. Why doesn’t Gabriele play her instrument anymore?
(a) She forgot how.
(b) She no longer likes to.
(c) Her doctors forbid it due to her bad health.
(d) Her husband hates it.
4. What is Mr. Kloterjahn’s mood after speaking with Mr. Spinell in Chapter 11?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is ecstatic.
(c) He is good-humored.
(d) He is enraged.
5. What does Mr. Spinell make Mrs. Kloterjahn think about?
(a) Mrs. Spatz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gabriele first meet her husband?
2. Who interrupts Mr. Kloterjahn and Mr. Spinell in Chapter 11?
3. Who does Mr. Spinell see as he walks in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Mrs. Spatz leave in Chapter 8?
5. Why didn’t Gabriele kiss their son, according to Mr. Kloterjahn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Spinell mail the letter as opposed to hand-delivering it?
2. Why does Dr. Leander transfer Gabriele’s case to Dr. Muller?
3. Why do the baby’s happiness and health disturb Mr. Spinell?
4. What does Mr. Kloterjahn do in response to Mr. Spinell's letter?
5. What has caused Gabriele’s condition to worsen in Chapter 9?
6. What does Mr. Kloterjahn finally admit was the causes of Gabriele’s illness?
7. According to Mr. Spinell, who ruined the scene within his letter and how?
8. What has Mr. Kloterjahn supposedly done to Gabriele, according to Mr. Spinell's letter in Chapter 10?
9. How is Gabriele’s illness progressing by Chapter 7?
10. What is the piece of music that Mr. Spinell is so excited to find?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)