|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Spinell do after hearing the person he sees on his walk laugh in Chapter 12?
(a) Goes to get Mr. Kloterjahn.
(c) Picks up the baby.
(d) Turns and walks away.
2. How is Mrs. Kloterjahn's treatment faring by Chapter 7?
(a) She stays the same.
(b) She is on death's door.
(c) She is getting better.
(d) She is getting sicker.
3. Who does Dr. Leander turn Gabriele's care over to?
(a) Mrs. Spatz.
(b) Dr. Muller.
(c) Mr. Spinell.
(d) Miss van Osterloh.
4. How does Mr. Spinell initially react to the news of what's happened to Gabriele?
(a) He stands rooted to the floor.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs nervously.
(d) He leaves to go see Gabriele.
5. How is Dr. Muller described?
(a) Tired and grumpy.
(b) Cheerful, with a good bedside manner.
(c) Friendly, personable, and handsome.
(d) Quiet, pale, insignificant, and melancholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Spinell write?
2. What season is it in Chapter 12?
3. How does Mr. Spinell refer to Mr. Kloterjahn and his infant son?
4. How does Mr. Spinell ultimately convince the person in Chapter 8 to play the piano?
5. Who chooses not to participate in the activity Dr. Leander plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Spinell describe the scene within his letter in Chapter 10?
2. What is the piece of music that Mr. Spinell is so excited to find?
3. How is the letter that Mr. Spinell writes in Chapter 10 described?
4. What ruins the scene of Gabriele in the garden with her friends for Mr. Spinell?
5. How does Mr. Kloterjahn react differently to women than Mr. Spinell?
6. How does Mr. Spinell ultimately convince Mrs. Kloterjahn to play piano?
7. Who, according to Mr. Spinell, is to be credited with bringing beauty back into Gabriele’s life?
8. In Chapter 10, how does Mr. Spinell say that he feels about Mr. Kloterjahn?
9. According to Mr. Spinell, who ruined the scene within his letter and how?
10. What has caused Gabriele’s condition to worsen in Chapter 9?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)