|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one flaw in Mrs. Kloterjahn’s face?
(a) A cleft lip.
(b) A pale blue, sickly vein in her forehead.
(c) A scar above her eyebrow.
(d) A receding hairline.
2. What is Mr. Kloterjahn a connoisseur of?
(a) Fine food and drink.
3. What is the writer’s personality like?
4. How does the writer react to Mr. Kloterjahn's action in Chapter 3?
(a) He confronts him.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He looks confused.
(d) He looks disgusted.
5. When does the writer become exuberant?
(a) When he reads.
(b) When he sees something beautiful.
(c) When something makes him laugh.
(d) When he is out of doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn feel about her husband?
2. How is the sitting room at Einfried described?
3. Where is Mrs. Kloterjahn from?
4. What jewelry is Mrs. Kloterjahn wearing?
5. How does Mr. Spinell react to Gabriele?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is hypocritical?
2. What is the one imperfection in Gabriele Kloterjahn’s face?
3. Of what is Mr. Kloterjahn a connoisseur?
4. Why does Mr. Spinell look at beautiful women out of the corner of his eye?
5. Why are specific cases in particular Dr. Muller’s responsibility?
6. What is Mr. Spinell like when he is “sociable”?
7. When is Mr. Spinell sociable?
8. How is it obvious that Mrs. Kloterjahn is devoted to Mr. Kloterjahn?
9. What happens when a patient dies?
10. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn seem to feel about Mr. Spinell?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)