|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Spinell introduced to the Kloterjahns?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) At breakfast their second day.
(d) At dinner their first day.
2. What is the name of Mr. Kloterjahn’s business?
(a) Kloterjahn Shipping.
(b) Kloterjahn Wholesale.
(c) A. Kloterjahn.
(d) A.C. Kloterjahn & Co.
3. What does Mrs. Kloterjahn say to Mr. Spinell about his sleeping habits?
(a) That he sleeps too much.
(b) That he is an early riser.
(c) That he is a late riser.
(d) That he is an insomniac.
4. How is Mr. Kloterjahn described?
(a) Tall, thin, weak, and funny.
(b) Quiet and tactful.
(c) Broad-shouldered, red-faced, strong, average height.
(d) Intelligent, with a discerning eye.
5. Why can’t Mr. Spinell describe the beautiful woman he saw?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He has a terrible memory.
(c) He looked at her with his eyes nearly closed.
(d) He only looked at her out of the corner of his eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Mrs. Kloterjahn’s mentor?
2. How many children do the Kloterjahns have?
3. What color is Mrs. Kloterjahn’s hair?
4. Who is Mrs. Hohlenrauch?
5. When did Mrs. Kloterjahn first become ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn’t the sanitarium restrict its business to consumptive patients?
2. Why does Mr. Spinell look at beautiful women out of the corner of his eye?
3. When is Mr. Spinell sociable?
4. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is staying at Einfried?
5. What are Dr. Muller’s responsibilities?
6. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is hypocritical?
7. How is it obvious that Mrs. Kloterjahn is devoted to Mr. Kloterjahn?
8. What does the vein do to Gabriele Kloterjahn’s countenance?
9. Why does Gabriele Kloterjahn’s inspect her handkerchief after she clears her throat?
10. What happens when a patient dies?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)