|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Kloterjahn’s former doctor forbid her from doing?
(b) Clearing her throat.
(c) Walking our of doors.
2. What is the Kloterjahns' son’s name?
(a) Roy Kloterjahn.
(b) Anton Kloterjahn Jr.
(c) Andrew Kloterjahn Jr.
(d) Sigfried Kloterjahn.
3. How does Dr. Leander feel about Mr. Spinell?
(a) He likes his writing but not the man.
(b) He is indifferent to him.
(c) He doesn’t like him very much.
(d) He admires him.
4. Who is the director of the sanitarium?
(a) Dr. Dumkopf.
(b) Dr. Johnson.
(c) Dr. Muller.
(d) Dr. Leander.
5. When did Mrs. Kloterjahn first become ill?
(a) While she was pregnant.
(b) After the birth of their son.
(c) After her father died.
(d) After the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Kloterjahn’s ailment described as?
2. What is the name of the sanitarium?
3. Who is Mrs. Spatz?
4. Where is Mr. Spinell introduced to the Kloterjahns?
5. How long have the Kloterjahns been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Spinell act towards Gabriele Kloterjahn?
2. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn seem to feel about Mr. Spinell?
3. Why is Miss van Osterloh said to feel reproachful towards men?
4. What is Mr. Spinell like when he is “sociable”?
5. Why is Mr. Kloterjahn grateful that his wife’s condition does not stem from the lungs?
6. What happens when a patient dies?
7. How is it obvious that Mrs. Kloterjahn is devoted to Mr. Kloterjahn?
8. Why is the word “trachea” comforting when the doctor says it?
9. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is hypocritical?
10. Why are specific cases in particular Dr. Muller’s responsibility?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)