|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer react to Mr. Kloterjahn's action in Chapter 3?
(a) He confronts him.
(b) He looks confused.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He looks disgusted.
2. Where does the writer display his book?
(a) He doesn’t, it sits in his closet.
(b) On a table in his room.
(c) In the sitting room at Einfried.
(d) On his bedside table.
3. What is Mrs. Kloterjahn’s ailment described as?
(a) A stomach complaint.
(c) A tracheal condition.
(d) A heart condition.
4. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn get on with the other patients in general?
(a) They think she is silly.
(b) They are ambivalent.
(c) They all like her.
(d) They don’t like her.
5. How many books has the writer written?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Kloterjahns' son?
2. Why can’t Mr. Spinell describe the beautiful woman he saw?
3. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
4. Where was Mr. Spinell born?
5. What does Gabriele think Mr. Spinell’s name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Spinell like when he is “sociable”?
2. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn seem to feel about Mr. Spinell?
3. How is it obvious that Mrs. Kloterjahn is devoted to Mr. Kloterjahn?
4. How do we know that Mr. Kloterjahn is an Anglophile?
5. What does Mr. Spinell spend most of his time doing?
6. What is the one imperfection in Gabriele Kloterjahn’s face?
7. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is staying at Einfried?
8. What happens when a patient dies?
9. Why does Gabriele Kloterjahn’s inspect her handkerchief after she clears her throat?
10. How does Mr. Spinell act towards Gabriele Kloterjahn?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)