|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease is primarily treated at the sanitarium?
(a) Nervous disorders.
(c) Stomach complaints.
2. What was Einfried before it became a sanitarium?
(a) A house.
(b) A museum.
(c) A royal summer residence.
(d) A ski lodge.
3. Where do the Kloterjahns live?
(d) The Baltic Coast.
4. How do the other patients react to Mrs. Kloterjahn?
(a) They will not leave her alone.
(b) They like her immediately.
(c) They stay away from her.
(d) They are weary of her.
5. Why does Mr. Spinell choose to look at beautiful women in the way that he does?
(a) He is afraid of rejection.
(b) He is afraid of reality.
(c) He has a fear of eye contact with strangers.
(d) He is color blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Spatz?
2. What jewelry is Mrs. Kloterjahn wearing?
3. What are some conditions treated at the sanitarium?
4. Why is Mr. Spinell at Einfried?
5. How is Mr. Kloterjahn described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dr. Muller’s responsibilities?
2. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is hypocritical?
3. Why is Mr. Kloterjahn grateful that his wife’s condition does not stem from the lungs?
4. Why does Mr. Spinell look at beautiful women out of the corner of his eye?
5. What does Mr. Spinell spend most of his time doing?
6. How is it obvious that Mrs. Kloterjahn is devoted to Mr. Kloterjahn?
7. When is Mr. Spinell sociable?
8. What is Mr. Spinell like when he is “sociable”?
9. Why has one of the other patients nicknamed Mr. Spinell the “Rotten Infant”?
10. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn seem to feel about Mr. Spinell?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)