|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the writer become exuberant?
(a) When he sees something beautiful.
(b) When something makes him laugh.
(c) When he reads.
(d) When he is out of doors.
2. How long have the Kloterjahns been married?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
3. How is the director of the sanitarium described?
(b) Caring and thoughtful.
(d) Cold and hard.
4. Where do the Kloterjahns live?
(c) The Baltic Coast.
5. How does the writer react to Mr. Kloterjahn's action in Chapter 3?
(a) He looks confused.
(b) He confronts him.
(c) He looks disgusted.
(d) He laughs.
6. How do the other patients react to Mrs. Kloterjahn?
(a) They will not leave her alone.
(b) They stay away from her.
(c) They like her immediately.
(d) They are weary of her.
7. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
(a) Dr. Muller.
(b) No one.
(c) Several patients.
(d) Miss van Osterloh and Dr. Leander.
8. What disease is primarily treated at the sanitarium?
(b) Stomach complaints.
(d) Nervous disorders.
9. What does Mrs. Kloterjahn say to Mr. Spinell about his sleeping habits?
(a) That he is an early riser.
(b) That he is a late riser.
(c) That he sleeps too much.
(d) That he is an insomniac.
10. How old is the Kloterjahns' son?
(a) Ten months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
11. What was the name of Mrs. Kloterjahn's doctor when she first became ill?
(a) Dr. Hinzpeter.
(b) Dr. Muller.
(c) Dr. Liebchen.
(d) Dr. Dumkopf.
12. How is the sitting room at Einfried described?
(a) Always too hot.
(b) Dark and quiet, with blue French doors.
(c) Spacious and well furnished, with white French doors.
(d) Small and cool.
13. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn get on with the other patients in general?
(a) They all like her.
(b) They think she is silly.
(c) They are ambivalent.
(d) They don’t like her.
14. What is the Kloterjahns' son’s name?
(a) Sigfried Kloterjahn.
(b) Andrew Kloterjahn Jr.
(c) Roy Kloterjahn.
(d) Anton Kloterjahn Jr.
15. How many books has the writer written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book did the writer write?
2. Who is Mrs. Hohlenrauch?
3. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn feel about her husband?
4. What is Mrs. Kloterjahn’s ailment described as?
5. How does Dr. Leander feel about Mr. Spinell?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)