|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one woman Mr. Spinell says he could look at forever?
(a) Gabriele Kloterjahn.
(b) Miss van Osterloh.
(c) Mrs. Spatz.
(d) Mrs. Hohlenrauch.
2. What are some conditions treated at the sanitarium?
(a) Heart conditions, rheumatics, paralytics.
(b) Broken bones, sprains.
(c) Yellow fever, malaria.
3. Where is Mrs. Kloterjahn from?
4. How do the other patients react to Mrs. Kloterjahn?
(a) They will not leave her alone.
(b) They stay away from her.
(c) They are weary of her.
(d) They like her immediately.
5. How is the Kloterjahns' son described?
(a) Pale and sickly.
(d) Healthy and vigorous.
6. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
(a) Dr. Muller.
(b) Several patients.
(c) Miss van Osterloh and Dr. Leander.
(d) No one.
7. Why is Mr. Spinell at Einfried?
(a) He has a stomach complaint.
(b) He's there by mistake.
(c) He is getting some electricity.
(d) He has a nervous condition.
8. What room at Einfried is adjacent to the sitting room?
(a) The billiard room.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The kitchen.
9. What did Mrs. Kloterjahn’s former doctor forbid her from doing?
(a) Walking our of doors.
(c) Clearing her throat.
10. How do the patients at Einfried entertain themselves?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Playing whist or billiards, reading or doing needlework.l s∑q
(c) Reading in their rooms.
(d) Talking, eating, and writing letters to loved ones.
11. What kind of book did the writer write?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A travel book.
(c) A collection of short stories.
(d) A novel.
12. When did Mrs. Kloterjahn first become ill?
(a) After the birth of their son.
(b) After the wedding.
(c) While she was pregnant.
(d) After her father died.
13. How many books has the writer written?
14. Why does Mrs. Kloterjahn's doctor recommend she go to Einfried?
(a) For the fun of it.
(b) For vacation.
(c) For the food.
(d) For the mild climate.
15. What does Gabriele think Mr. Spinell’s name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Kloterjahn described?
2. What jewelry is Mrs. Kloterjahn wearing?
3. What happens when a patient dies at the sanitarium?
4. How long does Mr. Kloterjahn stay at Einfried?
5. How does Mr. Spinell respond to Gabriele's joke in Chapter 6?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)