|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Muller.
(c) Miss van Osterloh and Dr. Leander.
(d) Several patients.
2. When does the writer become exuberant?
(a) When something makes him laugh.
(b) When he sees something beautiful.
(c) When he reads.
(d) When he is out of doors.
3. Where was Mr. Spinell born?
(b) The Baltic Coast.
4. Where do the Kloterjahns live?
(d) The Baltic Coast.
5. Why is Mr. Spinell at Einfried?
(a) He has a nervous condition.
(b) He has a stomach complaint.
(c) He's there by mistake.
(d) He is getting some electricity.
6. How do the other patients react to Mrs. Kloterjahn?
(a) They stay away from her.
(b) They like her immediately.
(c) They will not leave her alone.
(d) They are weary of her.
7. Who is Mrs. Spatz?
(a) A magistrate’s wife with a stomach complaint who considers herself Gabriele’s mentor.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) A midwife.
(d) The wife of a naval officer, she has a nervous condition.
8. Why can’t Mr. Spinell describe the beautiful woman he saw?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He only looked at her out of the corner of his eye.
(c) He has a terrible memory.
(d) He looked at her with his eyes nearly closed.
9. Where is Mr. Spinell introduced to the Kloterjahns?
(a) At breakfast their second day.
(b) At dinner their first day.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the sitting room.
10. How is Mr. Spinell’s voice described?
(a) Lilting and musical.
(b) Rough and low.
(c) Too quiet.
(d) Mild and pleasant.
11. What country is Mr. Kloterjahn especially fond of?
12. What is Mr. Kloterjahn a connoisseur of?
(d) Fine food and drink.
13. What is the Kloterjahns' son’s name?
(a) Sigfried Kloterjahn.
(b) Roy Kloterjahn.
(c) Anton Kloterjahn Jr.
(d) Andrew Kloterjahn Jr.
14. How old is the Kloterjahns' son?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten months.
15. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is really at Einfried?
(a) For the décor.
(b) For the people.
(c) For the views.
(d) For the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer spend the majority of his time?
2. How is the sitting room at Einfried described?
3. What is Mrs. Kloterjahn’s ailment described as?
4. How long does Mr. Kloterjahn stay at Einfried?
5. What does Gabriele think Mr. Spinell’s name is?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)