1. Why is Miss van Osterloh said to feel reproachful towards men?
Miss van Osterloh is said to feel reproachful towards men because no man has ever offered to marry her.
2. Why doesn’t the sanitarium restrict its business to consumptive patients?
The sanitarium doesn't restrict its business to consumptive patients because Dr. Leander has successfully cured patients with many different illnesses.
3. What happens when a patient dies?
Nothing happens when a patient dies; business carries on as usual. Not even the patient next door knows anything has happened.
4. What are Dr. Muller’s responsibilities?
Dr. Muller’s responsibilities consist of taking care of the terminally ill patients and the minor cases.
5. Why are specific cases in particular Dr. Muller’s responsibility?
Dr. Muller is given the terminal and minor cases, so that Dr. Leander has a higher and more impressive success rate.
This section contains 1,793 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)