|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Kloterjahns live?
(b) The Baltic Coast.
2. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn get on with the other patients in general?
(a) They are ambivalent.
(b) They all like her.
(c) They don’t like her.
(d) They think she is silly.
3. Who is the second character introduced?
(a) A writer.
(b) Dr. Muller.
(c) Miss van Osterloh.
(d) The narrator.
4. How is Gabriele’s health by Chapter 7?
(a) The same.
(c) So good she is ready to go home.
(d) Much better.
5. What reason does Dr. Leander cite for transferring Gabriele's care?
(a) He is taking a vacation.
(b) He is retiring.
(c) Dr. Muller is a better doctor than him.
(d) His excessive workload.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can’t Mr. Spinell describe the beautiful woman he saw?
2. How is the writer’s physical appearance described?
3. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
4. Who does Dr. Muller summon to Einfried to see Gabriele?
5. How is the person who arrives with Mr. Kloterjahn and his son in Chapter 9 described?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)