|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the writer’s physical appearance described?
(a) Light complexion, redheaded, late twenties, missing an eye.
(b) Receding hairline, scruffy face, late thirties.
(c) Dark complexion, boyish face, early thirties, rotting teeth.
(d) Red-faced, early forties, balding.
2. Where is Mr. Spinell introduced to the Kloterjahns?
(a) At dinner their first day.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) At breakfast their second day.
3. Why is Mr. Spinell at Einfried?
(a) He has a stomach complaint.
(b) He's there by mistake.
(c) He is getting some electricity.
(d) He has a nervous condition.
4. How does the writer react to Mr. Kloterjahn's action in Chapter 3?
(a) He looks confused.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He looks disgusted.
(d) He confronts him.
5. Why does Mr. Spinell say that he is really at Einfried?
(a) For the food.
(b) For the décor.
(c) For the views.
(d) For the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one flaw in Mrs. Kloterjahn’s face?
2. Where do the people who choose not to participate in the activity Dr. Leander plans go instead?
3. What season is it in Chapter 2?
4. What does Mr. Spinell say are his weapons?
5. Why did Gabriele’s father eventually let her marry Mr. Kloterjahn?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)