|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease is primarily treated at the sanitarium?
(c) Stomach complaints.
(d) Nervous disorders.
2. Who does not get to participate in the activity Dr. Leander plans?
(a) Both b and c.
(b) Miss van Osterloh.
(c) The staff.
(d) The seriously ill patients.
3. When does Gabriele say that she found happiness?
(a) When she got married.
(b) When she gave birth to her son.
(c) When she came to the sanitarium.
(d) When she played the piano.
4. How is the writer’s physical appearance described?
(a) Dark complexion, boyish face, early thirties, rotting teeth.
(b) Red-faced, early forties, balding.
(c) Light complexion, redheaded, late twenties, missing an eye.
(d) Receding hairline, scruffy face, late thirties.
5. What does Gabriele think Mr. Spinell’s name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Einfried before it became a sanitarium?
2. What is the Kloterjahns' son’s name?
3. What season is it in Chapter 2?
4. How does Mr. Spinell feel about the name Kloterjahn?
5. Where does Mrs. Kloterjahn sit most days?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)