|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the person Mr. Spinell asks to play the piano?
(a) She accepts immediately.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She refuses initially, but ultimately accepts.
2. What disease is primarily treated at the sanitarium?
(b) Stomach complaints.
(c) Nervous disorders.
3. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
(a) Several patients.
(b) Dr. Muller.
(c) Miss van Osterloh and Dr. Leander.
(d) No one.
4. Where do the Kloterjahns live?
(d) The Baltic Coast.
5. What instrument does Gabriele’s father play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The piano.
(c) The organ.
(d) The clarinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not get to participate in the activity Dr. Leander plans?
2. How does Mr. Spinell ultimately convince the person in Chapter 8 to play the piano?
3. Why did Gabriele’s father eventually let her marry Mr. Kloterjahn?
4. Where would Gabriele sit with her friends when she was young?
5. Where does the writer display his book?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)