|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the writer display his book?
(a) In the sitting room at Einfried.
(b) He doesn’t, it sits in his closet.
(c) On a table in his room.
(d) On his bedside table.
2. How long does Mr. Kloterjahn stay at Einfried?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) As long as his wife does.
3. What disease is primarily treated at the sanitarium?
(b) Stomach complaints.
(c) Nervous disorders.
4. What kind of book did the writer write?
(a) A novel.
(b) A travel book.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A collection of short stories.
5. When does the writer become exuberant?
(a) When he reads.
(b) When he sees something beautiful.
(c) When something makes him laugh.
(d) When he is out of doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mrs. Kloterjahn's doctor when she first became ill?
2. How is the director of the sanitarium described?
3. What is the writer’s personality like?
4. Who came to greet the Kloterjahns when they arrived?
5. What is the writer’s name described as sounding like?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)