|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Kloterjahn described?
2. Why did Gabriele’s father eventually let her marry Mr. Kloterjahn?
(a) He needed a rich son-in-law.
(b) Because she really wanted to.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) He was sick of having her around the house.
3. Who does Gabriele say that her son resembles?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Mr. Spinell.
(d) Her father.
4. Why does the pianist ultimately stop playing in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Leander makes her stop.
(b) Mr. Spinell gets bored.
(c) She faints.
(d) The sleigh ride returns.
5. How do the patients at Einfried entertain themselves?
(a) Playing music.
(b) Talking, eating, and writing letters to loved ones.
(c) Reading in their rooms.
(d) Playing whist or billiards, reading or doing needlework.l s∑q
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gabriele joke that Mr. Spinell must mean when he says he could look at one particular woman forever?
2. How does the writer react to Mr. Kloterjahn's action in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Mrs. Kloterjahn's doctor recommend she go to Einfried?
4. What does Mrs. Kloterjahn say to Mr. Spinell about his sleeping habits?
5. What does Mr. Spinell wish to hear in Chapter 8?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)