|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer spend the majority of his time?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Listening to music.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. What is the writer’s name?
(a) Detlev Spinell.
(b) Matthew Spinell.
(c) Detley Spine.
(d) Dmitri Spinell.
3. Mr. Spinell seems afraid of…
(a) Mr. Kloterjahn.
(b) Dr. Leander.
(c) Tiring or annoying Gabriele.
(d) The treatments at Einfried.
4. How is the writer’s physical appearance described?
(a) Dark complexion, boyish face, early thirties, rotting teeth.
(b) Light complexion, redheaded, late twenties, missing an eye.
(c) Receding hairline, scruffy face, late thirties.
(d) Red-faced, early forties, balding.
5. What are some conditions treated at the sanitarium?
(a) Yellow fever, malaria.
(b) Heart conditions, rheumatics, paralytics.
(d) Broken bones, sprains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books has the writer written?
2. Who does Gabriele joke that Mr. Spinell must mean when he says he could look at one particular woman forever?
3. Why is Mr. Spinell at Einfried?
4. What is the name of the sanitarium?
5. How does Mr. Spinell react to Gabriele?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)