|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not get to participate in the activity Dr. Leander plans?
(a) Miss van Osterloh.
(b) The staff.
(c) Both b and c.
(d) The seriously ill patients.
2. What does Mr. Spinell say are his weapons?
(a) His fists.
(b) Cunning and deceit.
(c) Imagination and words.
(d) Fame and fortune.
3. What is the name of the sanitarium?
4. Who does Gabriele say that her son resembles?
(a) Mr. Spinell.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
5. What happens when a patient dies at the sanitarium?
(a) A service is held, attended by all the patients.
(b) Patients never die at the sanitarium.
(c) Life continues as if nothing has happened.
(d) A memorial is built.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Kloterjahn's first symptom?
2. What does Mr. Spinell write is his reason for writing a letter in Chapter 10?
3. What is the writer’s name?
4. What is the initial reaction of the person Mr. Spinell asks to play the piano?
5. What scene does Mr. Spinell describe in his letter?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)