|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer see Mr. Kloterjahn doing?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Yelling at another patient.
(c) Crying over his wife’s bed.
(d) Flirting with a chambermaid.
2. What does Mr. Kloterjahn do immediately after arriving at Einfried?
(a) He takes a nap.
(b) He goes to see his wife.
(c) He orders coffee and buttered rolls.
(d) He consults with her doctor.
3. How does Mrs. Kloterjahn feel about her husband?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She finds him tiresome.
(d) She is devoted to him.
4. Mr. Spinell seems afraid of…
(a) Dr. Leander.
(b) Mr. Kloterjahn.
(c) Tiring or annoying Gabriele.
(d) The treatments at Einfried.
5. Who is Mrs. Spatz?
(a) A midwife.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The wife of a naval officer, she has a nervous condition.
(d) A magistrate’s wife with a stomach complaint who considers herself Gabriele’s mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Spinell react to Gabriele?
2. How does Mr. Spinell feel about the infant he sees from his window?
3. Why is Mr. Spinell at Einfried?
4. Who arrives at Einfried along with Mr. Kloterjahn and his son?
5. What reason does Dr. Leander cite for transferring Gabriele's care?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)