|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wittman want to call his theater company?
(a) The Romping Players of Chinatown
(b) The Pear Garden Players of America
(c) The Apple Tree Players of Eden
(d) The Player's Players
2. Who does Nanci compare Wittman's work to?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) William Carlos
(c) LeRoi Jones
(d) Charles Bukowski
3. Why does Wittman marry Tasa?
(a) He loves her
(b) To get a visa
(c) To avoid the draft
(d) To get away form his mother
4. What character will Wittman play in the King of the Monkeys?
(a) Drella Shilpa
(b) Gwan Goong
(c) Liu Pei
(d) Chng Fei
5. Who insists on sitting next to Wittman on the bus?
(a) An elderly woman
(b) A homeless man
(c) A Chinese child
(d) A Chinese girl
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gabe become a Universal Life Church Minister?
2. What does Wittman's suit clash with?
3. Where does Wittman work?
4. What is the name of the girl Wittman kisses at the party?
5. What subject did Wittman Ah Sing major in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wittman envy Nanci?
2. What does Wittman tell Nanci about his life?
3. How does Wittman maintain his integrity at work?
4. How does Wittman try to dissuade the Chinese girl from talking to him?
5. What does Wittman think when he sees some Chinese immigrants in Golden Gate Park?
6. How does Gabe help out Wittman and Tasa?
7. Why is Wittman regarded as one of the winners of the party?
8. How does Wittmann react when Nanci compares his work to LeRoi Jones?
9. What does Wittman think about the film WEST SIDE STORY?
10. What does Wittman think about the girl sitting on the stairs?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)