|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the girl going to in Oakland?
(a) Her mother's
(b) A film premiere
(c) A date
(d) A party
2. Who was Wittman's best friend at college?
(a) Sunny Fornica
(b) Jackson Vernon
(c) Lance Kamiyama
(d) Gary Koumas
3. Who insists on sitting next to Wittman on the bus?
(a) A Chinese girl
(b) A Chinese child
(c) A homeless man
(d) An elderly woman
4. What kind of people discuss the best health food stores?
(a) Animal right protesters
(b) Cocaine addicts
(d) Heroin addicts
5. Who wrote the Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Wittman's most recent play?
2. What kind of seafood do the grandmothers chop?
3. Where does Wittman go in this chapter to kill some time?
4. How does the girl pronounce Oakland?
5. Why does Wittman marry Tasa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wittman regarded as one of the winners of the party?
2. What does Lance do for the winners of the party?
3. What does Wittman tell the Yale Younger Poet about his theater company?
4. Why does Wittman envy Nanci?
5. What does Wittman think about the girl sitting on the stairs?
6. Who does Wittman encounter in the stockroom?
7. What does Lance represent to Wittman?
8. What are Tasa's conditions for hers and Wittman's relationship?
9. How does Wittman stereotype Tasa?
10. What has Wittman's co-worker, Louise, forgotten about Wittman?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)